Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Wild in OT

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Suzuki was our best player in this one from my stand point.
He's trying hard to slowly claw his way back into the PPG conversation.
A tough task given we don't put up high goal totals.
He was our best player outside of Montie tonight. He’s played well lately.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
He was our best player outside of Montie tonight. He’s played well lately.
We don’t get into overtime without a contribution from many players. I thought Anderson, Matheson, Guhle and Struble all had strong games. Even the rapidly fading Gallagher played well.

Though I rarely criticize the officiating, that was one of the worse officiated games that I have watched recently. They did what no officials should do in any sport: play a determinative role in a game’s outcome.

Last edited:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
We don’t get into overtime without a contribution from many players. I thought Anderson, Matheson, Guhle and Struble all had strong games. Even the rapidly fading Gallagher played well.

Though I rarely criticize the officiating, that was one of the worse officiated games that I have watched recently. They did what no officials should do in any sport: playing a determinative role in a game’s outcome.

Third line played well.

Hell Gallagher hit Bogosian so hard he pissed him off enough to warrant a double minor. If Gally can do that and play that role, tant mieux and he’s useful.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Never seen game, Slaf with 2 points. The offense starting to come. Good to get a point in Minnesota. The Wild usually own us. Makes 3 out of a possible 4 points on a road trip which is usually brutal to us. Need a win tonight against the Hawks

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We shouldn't even be where we are in the standings but credit should be given to our defense group, it isn't pretty at times but they find a way to get the job done and continue to contribute on the scoresheet. Whatever Robidas is teaching them is working, we have a group that won't quit and that bodes well for their development. I don't foresee a Buffalo or Ottawa situation from our young players.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
It's scary how strong Slaf will be when he'll be 23-24. He's already displacing players without effort.
Very encouraging.

We saw the same thing from Dach last year when he would start to destroy players

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
We shouldn't even be where we are in the standings but credit should be given to our defense group, it isn't pretty at times but they find a way to get the job done and continue to contribute on the scoresheet. Whatever Robidas is teaching them is working, we have a group that won't quit and that bodes well for their development. I don't foresee a Buffalo or Ottawa situation from our young players.
Something that does not get talked about at all is how only 4 teams in the entire league have allowed few 5on5 GA against per game.

The habs are a top 5 time in GA at 5on5. You have to think that is a result of the amount of young talent on the back end. It might be even a testament to team defense at 5 on 5.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Something that does not get talked about at all is how only 4 teams in the entire league have allowed few 5on5 GA against per game.

The habs are a top 5 time in GA at 5on5. You have to think that is a result of the amount of young talent on the back end. It might be even a testament to team defense at 5 on 5.
If you want to see the glass half full, yeah our top might lack a true superstar, but that D going forward.

Guhle’s a stud. Barron is improving dramatically and he’s still very young. Struble is getting tons of love.

Xhekaj is a unique depth player.

Hutson, Reinbacher and Mailloux could all become core pieces. Even Engstrom could make the team moving forward.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
With a decent PP and without dumb penalties we could probably be in a playoff spot right now.

Say what you want about MSL but the boys totally controlled play in the second period after mailing it in. Our 5 on 5 play is actually pretty good. If you're expecting more from MSL with this group that sounds like a you problem. I get that the special teams are awful but there's plenty of better teams with better coaching and better players that get worst special teams results , just saying

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Well deserved point but also a well deserved loss,hate to agree with Gagnon but he was right “ trop genereux”. Stupid penalties didn’t help much either,Monty was below average.Definitely could have used Arber for this one.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

And second in the league for goal production behind the Colorado Makars lol. Every one of them contributes and seems to be developing nicely at the NHL level. I am very impressed by Struble as well, I didn't watch him before he came to the NHL but the kid seems to have the ability to do the right thing with the puck on his stick, a nice pass or skating the puck to a safe area, really steady.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You have to hand it to Suzuki, he's delivering under challenging conditions. Its easy for the opposition to just focus on Suzuki's line as there is no other line that is a threat (due to Dach / Newhook being out).

If Dach is in the lineup centering our 2nd line, Suzuki's line is scoring more. This adversity will go a long way in Suzuki's development. There is another step for Suzuki to reach - likely next year.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
32 thoughts touched on the minny - Habs game.

Friedman talked about the Gallagher hit and Bogosian going after him. Talked about how the players will have to police themselves..

Marek jerked off Minnesota and then talked about Faber

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Yup - and if all things go as expected Hutson will benefit the PP and overall offensive push as early as March given how BU season unfolds

Don D

Oct 15, 2017
Suzuki was our best player in this one from my stand point.
He's trying hard to slowly claw his way back into the PPG conversation.
A tough task given we don't put up high goal totals.
He may have the highest IQ on this team. Suzuki's line regularly plays against the other teams' best players and he continues to perform well! He does not get much recognition league wide. A very good second line player who can play first line due to his hockey IQ.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Friedman talked about the Gallagher hit and Bogosian going after him. Talked about how the players will have to police themselves..

That's the very thing the league doesn't want more off, but the refs are so awful now that there will be more players taking matters in their own hands and calling shit on the refs on the ice (something they -refs- complained about earlier this season).

The NHL needs to do something with their refs, because 0% accountabilities for the shit work they do is not going to end well long term, both on the ice and in the stands.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Good game tonight. If CC can shake off whatever he has, that line can do real damage,
He needs to get his shot off quicker like he used to. It looks like he is trying that one extra move every time and he loses the puck or shoots into coverage. SHOOOOOT da puck!

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Refs were terrible. Eriksson-Ek picked Suzuki in OT with no call. Difference is Suzuki didn't fall down.

Also, Caufield was interfered with on winning goal.

Anyways good fight shown by Montreal. They worked hard & battled hard. 1st line had a solid night with a lot of time spent in offensive zone.

I really wasn't expecting much this game considering we were in Minnesota, and that 1st period seemed to prove me right, but the team doesn’t give up. It's a good sign.

I had the same reaction and my problem is not the non-call on these two play, it's the inconsistency with the Matheson call.

There are days where I want to start a website where I just keep track of all these instances of "variable geometry refering"

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

Totally on brand

maxresdefault-716610251.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad