Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Wild in OT

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
As much as I am still hoping for a top 10 pick, I have to admire their pluckiness.
We can get by without a top 10 picks. The key is to keep selling vets for picks and young players. That's the scary part about winning is it will take KH huge balls to trade Monahan at the deadline but he really should be traded.

If we keep acquiring picks / young players this year and next we will be in a good position (for Monahan 2024, Savard 2025, Dvorak 2025). If we stop and lose vets for nothing because we do the same mistake as the last 30 years then we probably will lack juice before the arrival.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Over the last 10 games or so, Montreal is 10th in GAA, that's encouraging to see imo. Sure it's not helping the tankers but you'd think that you'd still want to see improvement.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Is Heineman playing tonight? He got what last night...3 minutes of playing time? He did not look out of place. He already looked better than Dvorak.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don;t like @Runner77 having that new job thing. GDTs are consistently late now. Dude's got no accountability and just coasts on his past glory. Bag skate him!
I’m afraid this new job will sap into most of my time. We have other posters who can do GDTs and hopefully they step in. I’ll do my laps in the interim.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Something that does not get talked about at all is how only 4 teams in the entire league have allowed few 5on5 GA against per game.

The habs are a top 5 time in GA at 5on5. You have to think that is a result of the amount of young talent on the back end. It might be even a testament to team defense at 5 on 5.
It did get talked about some but keep in mind the number of penalties we take is often attributable to poor 5v5 play which doesn't get talked about.
I do think we have improved in recent games. However we still get hemmed in quite often and it becomes obvious we are either going to give up a goal or take a penalty. I think it's all relative.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad