• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
No, Danault can't do that. He's too far behind. There's no way he can take the middle of the ice away from Horvat. Chiarot's job is to make sure Horvat can't get a breakaway up the middle, while Weber takes the strong side winger.

Coverage of the weak side belongs to a forward not Chiarot. All 3 forwards were on the wrong side of the puck. It essentially turned into a 3 on 2, with Weber - Chiarot being the 2. All 3 forwards were completely useless.

Chiarot actually played fine against Canucks. Weber wasn't good.

Respectfully disagree; while Drouin and Anderson misplayed their assignments, Dan-NoGoal did not, he was in the correct area to apply pressure to Horvat and cover the middle of the ice, even though he was behind a step...Braindead should not have come over to the strong side nearly as much as he did and did absolutely nothing to protect the weak side passing/shooting lanes, which is his responsibility...and this is a regular occurrence when he's on the ice...

Reactions: OldCraig71

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
No, Danault can't do that. He's too far behind. There's no way he can take the middle of the ice away from Horvat. Chiarot's job is to make sure Horvat can't get a breakaway up the middle, while Weber takes the strong side winger.

Coverage of the weak side belongs to a forward not Chiarot. All 3 forwards were on the wrong side of the puck. It essentially turned into a 3 on 2, with Weber - Chiarot being the 2. All 3 forwards were completely useless.

Chiarot actually played fine against Canucks. Weber wasn't good.

I’ll agree the forwards were out of place but Chiarot has to recognize where the Habs forwards are at and know a forward won’t be able to cover Gaudette unless you think Danault should have got over there (I’m not sure he could have).

Let Weber and Danault take Horvat, especially since Tanner Pearson, the 3rd forward is at a complete standstill and it can’t possibly be a 3 on 2 because of that.

Another note on the play Danault has to get his stick in that passing lane.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gotta leave Ed and Petry together, so ...

promote Romanov, then 2 left side players on 3rd pairing. - Kulak and Chiarot

Promote Kulak, then you have Romanov and Chiarot, which is just scary.

Whack-a-mole

I would ... promote Romanov, let Kulak play on the right side. Bring in Fleury if it doesn’t work.

I don't know, Romanov doesn't strike me as ready to be promoted. I'd rather they use Kulak as a stopgap for a couple of weeks until they can get a trade worked out.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I don't know, Romanov doesn't strike me as ready to be promoted. I'd rather they use Kulak as a stopgap for a couple of weeks until they can get a trade worked out.
He might not be, but.... perhaps that leadership can be put to use. Not a big window to try it.

Reactions: Runner77

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-3-9_20-51-4.png

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
That's just when Montreal is on it, other teams still entertaining.

This is across the league. In fact even in our game, the canucks held on to the puck skating circles for 20 seconds at a time before attempting anything.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He might not be, but.... perhaps that leadership can be put to use. Not a big window to try it.

In that case, maybe make Petry first pairing with Kulak and then limit Romanov's minutes that way. I'm still leery about it as I'd wish Romanov would get more games under his belt, at his own pace. Don't like the idea of rushing rookies just because the GM planned poorly.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He could thrive with Weber. It’s not irreversible. A few games won’t “burn him” beyond repair.

Not sure why people fear change when the status quo is proven to be problematic.

Well, that status quo has been in effect since Markov left -- they have never been able to secure a bona fide and ready, 1st pairing LD.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
A gimmick that’s been around a long time and we’ve sucked at. We used to lack the talent but that shouldn’t be an excuse now
We didn't always suck at it.

We were very good two years ago, when Domi/Byron/Petry would often score on the first shift. There have also been years where we won the majority of shootouts.

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
The usage of OT trios blows my mind. Always a head scratch, at this point im guessing the players are the ones who don't want to get on the Ice in OT

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
If they hadn't switched gears after the play-ins last seasons, these players would have been given a greater opportunity to develop, rather than being counted upon for results. The results will come but to expect that these players wouldn't have some growing pains, is ridiculous if that's what MB really banked on -- esp. that two of them are playing C, the most important position on any team.

Not sure what you mean by switching gears.

Can't quote verbatim what MB said but something along the lines of like he was counting on those players to be a vital cog going forward,hence no contingency plan. And we all know MB is ridiculous yet here we are.:pullhair:

Gonna have to get plugs soon as there's precious little left to be pulling out:puppy:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I still think 3v3 is a f***ing gong show. And why is it limited to 5 minutes? Why do we get the 3v3 EA arcade overtime AND the skills comp shootout on top? It's all so gimmicky.
I saw an OT the other day that was spectacular. Tampa and Hawks I think; it was non-stop shots and goalies standing on their head. There must have been 5 or 6 2 0n 1's in a row. Might have been a gong show, but it was a damn good one.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I saw an OT the other day that was spectacular. Tampa and Hawks I think; it was non-stop shots and goalies standing on their head. There must have been 5 or 6 2 0n 1's in a row. Might have been a gong show, but it was a damn good one.

200.gif

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
playing with a 1-0 lead for almost the whole game. We couldn't score another goal so we deserved to lose
But Canucks that couldn’t score till the last second because of a defensive breakdown deserved to win??

Did we not outshoot the Canucks?
Out hit?
The least amount of turnovers?

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad