Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Jets in OT.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
A significant talent deficit on the team that was worst in the league last year.

Monahan looks really good and will return a 1st at the deadline. That's all that matters there.
This is the correct analysis. If you are correct, and Monahan does secure a 1st, this will turn out to be one of the better pieces of asset management in recent memory. I guess the ultimate 'upside' of the transaction is contingent on Monahan's continued good play and continuing good health. Here's hoping.

Reactions: MilesNewton

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I wouldn't change too much at the moment. They are playing competitive hockey and more competitive than most fans in our herd expected.

Remember last season? Best winger depth in the NHL? I know I fell for it.
You mean the season where we finished dead last? Yep... very deep indeed :)

Reactions: Habs Halifax

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
Brutal game by Kovacevic. Was trying to do too much against his former team and it hurt his game so bad.

Bad penalties by Pitlick as well might earn him a game or two on the press box.

Overall, It was a fun game to watch but frustrating as well to see the young guns work so hard with absolutely no support from Vets like Armia and Dvorak as usual.

Drouin showed really good flashes these last 2 or 3 games. I'd keep him in, he's the only one of the three scrubs who mights really fetch a return at the TDL.

And finally.... Josh Anderson.... what a North-South player.... Skates fast but has absolutely NO VISION. It's frustrating to watch him TBH.
Maybe its just me, but after a largely invisible start, Dvorak has been one of our better players. He's shown speed on the forecheck, chipped in offensively, has played a responsible physical game and is our best faceoff option. If his play continues, there will be no shortage of playoff bound teams that will be calling about his availability. No one should be selling this relatively young and very useful player short.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I would try Pitlick on that line with Gallagher and Dvorak....Or put Armia on his off wing.
After the Suzuki line the drop off is significant but the Dvorak line has started to gel a bit so I would keep them together for now.
Monahan unfortunately finds himself playing with scraps.
Not sure what the solution is at this point.

Quick edit- I think Ylonen could be an answer. He actually looks better in the NHL than he does playing with less talented players in the AHL.

Reactions: RandomTask26

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I cut cable 10 years ago, sometimes the illegal stream is better in french, and sometimes when it is they keep playing RDS after the game is over and I watch antichambre.

How the f***.. is Gaston.. still getting paid to give his opinions. I thought the 2009 RIS draft show would've made him unemployable

Nevermind nodding off on set like a year or two ago.

He's a disgrace

Reactions: the and Chadstudsky

BarracudaMtl

Apr 15, 2018
What did you think of PL Dubois?

If Mohanan leaves and DACH goes to the wing, wouldn't Dubois look good as a second center?

Reactions: Habs

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
You're really obsessed with Gallagher...

I'm done with the TSN crew throwing accolades at his useless ass, because he's getting hit all over the ice, as if that's an effective component out there. He's a useless passenger. Missing shots, a step behind the play...ohhhhh but his home is in the crease right? Rogaine Gally can take a hike, he's so done as a hockey player. I know they 'have' to play him, but they just gotta bury him to the bottom somewhere and Poulin and the homers have to STFU about him being some sort of glue on this club.

• Love
Reactions: the and rik schau

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Some goalies have that anomaly season where they play way above their skill level sometimes and so far, it sure looks like Monty (and to a certain extent Allen) chose a key, franchise defining tank year to have his.

Good for him, absolutely terrible for us.

Yea I'm like

anthony-mackie-straight-face.gif

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I'm done with the TSN crew throwing accolades at his useless ass, because he's getting hit all over the ice, as if that's an effective component out there. He's a useless passenger. Missing shots, a step behind the play...ohhhhh but his home is in the crease right? Rogaine Gally can take a hike, he's so done as a hockey player. I know they 'have' to play him, but they just gotta bury him to the bottom somewhere and Poulin and the homers have to STFU about him being some sort of glue on this club.
I’m thinking a League Minimum player would be more effective than Gallagher at this point.

If only the Habs were allowed to send him down… Bergevin had to give him a NMC and a NTC. I don’t understand it man. Christ.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I’m thinking a League Minimum player would be more effective than Gallagher at this point.

If only the Habs were allowed to send him down… Bergevin had to give him a NMC and a NTC. I don’t understand it man. Christ.
Are you questioning Bergy's wisdom? Heresy.

Reactions: ArtPeur

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Hi Jets fan here. Watch your team last night
Impressed with Canadiens lineup very competitive for supposedly a tank year
Jealous your scouts found and signed the hitman Arber
You got a good young team that will just get better when they all develop.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
2 Words for last night..............

Goalie Interference........

Same play, Gally/Hellybuck................called back 100 out of 100 times.

The league and the crew in TO who look t this, are a joke on these calls.
It was criminal that the goal wasn't called back.

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
After the Suzuki line the drop off is significant but the Dvorak line has started to gel a bit so I would keep them together for now.
Monahan unfortunately finds himself playing with scraps.
Not sure what the solution is at this point.

Quick edit- I think Ylonen could be an answer. He actually looks better in the NHL than he does playing with less talented players in the AHL.
Ylonen will get his chance once the great purge of our marginal forwards starts.

Reactions: Tyson

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
What was the reasonning behind the allowed goal that really looked like goalie interference to me?

I think it's close, but they made the right call.

By the time the puck squeaks free, Wheeler is already pushed into Monty. At that point he's going to go for the puck, not disentangle himself from Monty, then go for the puck.

Like he didn't try to get off Monty, but he was pushed into him and then immediately had a free goal/wide open net.

Kovy should have been able to clear that puck imo.

Reactions: Prendan Brust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad