Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Islanders

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
If he did claim that at the time, very few appear to remember it. I certainly didn't.

But then again, purging our memories of that man's deeds can be a health benefit.
Yes he banned it because he "wanted to implement a team culture". Most people were bemused at that, but shrugged it off. Also the sudden removal of the 'No Excuses' sign after the first season was another 'Huh, that's strange' moment.

What I found most puzzling was the gigantic Habs logo in the centre of the room that they said nobody should step on -- what's the point of painting it on the floor and making it so big if you're going to inconvenience players in their changing room?? Eventually they just dragged a rug over it, covering it up.

A comedy of manners.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Therrien was so bad.

Its essentially no different then teammates celebrating a goal together
The point was to make Subban feel he wasn't welcome to act out and act like he's special. Despite being our best skater, and a de facto leader due to his abilities and talent, they wanted Subban to feel like he was another grunt. Grunts don't get to have special celebrations. If you view it through that lens it all falls into place -- remember other GMs jockeying for their players to get called to the Olympic roster and Bergevin/Therrien would say things like "well, it's hard to make the roster there are a lot of accomplished players". Contrast with the effusive praise they had for Price. Night and day.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Yes he banned it because he "wanted to implement a team culture". Most people were bemused at that, but shrugged it off. Also the sudden removal of the 'No Excuses' sign after the first season was another 'Huh, that's strange' moment.

What I found most puzzling was the gigantic Habs logo in the centre of the room that they said nobody should step on -- what's the point of painting it on the floor and making it so big if you're going to inconvenience players in their changing room?? Eventually they just dragged a rug over it, covering it up.

A comedy of manners.

The logo on the floor rule used to be pretty mainstream I think.

I think Brock Lesnar stepped on it while visiting the jets locker room several years ago, but I don't think much could be done about that lol.

• Love
Reactions: the and Habs13

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
The logo on the floor rule used to be pretty mainstream I think.

I think Brock Lesnar stepped on it while visiting the jets locker room several years ago, but I don't think much could be done about that lol.
When I go to Alexis Nihon, I make sure to NEVER step on the Habs logo - it's a respect thing.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
If he did claim that at the time, very few appear to remember it. I certainly didn't.

But then again, purging our memories of that man's deeds can be a health benefit.
2013 Goodbye, 'Triple Low Five'

"It's a team concept," said Therrien of the team rule. "You have to respect the game, the other team and the fans.

"The way we decided to celebrate this year is to salute the fans because they deserve it."

As if the triple-low five after a win disrespected the fans and other team in any way, shape or form... what a douche.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Therrien was so bad.

Its essentially no different then teammates celebrating a goal together
A good team is a team having fun. This cannot be debated. Therrien was an egotistical Moron. I wrote many scathing posts in his thread and I'll admit a lot of it was over the top but he deserved it. Most hated coach EVER.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Walls in a dressing room are pretty much occupied by the changing stalls.
Yes, then ceiling is fine. Or floor, but don't expect everyone to walk around it if it takes up the whole space.

But my message was a response to someone talking about Alexis Nihon, not a dressing room.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
2013 Goodbye, 'Triple Low Five'

"It's a team concept," said Therrien of the team rule. "You have to respect the game, the other team and the fans.

"The way we decided to celebrate this year is to salute the fans because they deserve it."

As if the triple-low five after a win disrespected the fans and other team in any way, shape or form... what a douche.
And its at the end of the game. Not much different from the headbutts they all give each other. I am sure there was another curmudgeon in 1967 that would have banned that too. Its old school hockey stuff that I just don't care about.

Reminds me of all the garbage Cherry would say if it was 'them' while ignoring his own team doing the same crap. Constantly bitching about Ovies goal celebrations ( could you imagine habs doing that on therriens team!) while watching Marchand and Lucic and even that little rat Krug doing their muscle flexes and licking other players without a peep from Grapes. Stupid double standard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad