Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Detroit. One team showed up ready, the others left the goalie to dry.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Slaf needs to go down. Let’s not do this to another high end rookie prospect please.
I don't agree. The more he plays, the better he gets. Just needs a little more time to adjust. I thought he had a good game last night, and actually got better as the game went on. He was probably our best player in the 3rd.
Now what he really needs, is to get away from Gallagher.
Last night both Dlaf and Dvorak showed up, but Gallagher killed plays all night long.
The effort is there, but man he sure does skate with his head between the legs ; he does not see his linesmates.
Sad to see Gallagher who has been the heart and soul of the franchise forever become so irrelevant, border line a liability.
I actually think Gallagher would do better on the 4th line with no more than 8~10 minutes a game. He does not have the stamina anymore to play more.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I don't agree. The more he plays, the better he gets. Just needs a little more time to adjust. I thought he had a good game last night, and actually got better as the game went on. He was probably our best player in the 3rd.
Now what he really needs, is to get away from Gallagher.
Last night both Dlaf and Dvorak showed up, but Gallagher killed plays all night long.
The effort is there, but man he sure does skate with his head between the legs ; he does not see his linesmates.
Sad to see Gallagher who has been the heart and soul of the franchise forever become so irrelevant, border line a liability.
I actually think Gallagher would do better on the 4th line with no more than 8~10 minutes a game. He does not have the stamina anymore to play more.

Yeah, Gallagher is a 4th liner at this point. He's skating better, but hands are gone.

Reactions: the and MasterD

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
The Ghoul is already our best D. Sky's the limit for him I think.

He's one of my can't miss guys this year.

That my concern. A rookie d is our best d and it's clear as day. Heck, Harris has an argument for being the 2nd best d.

Reactions: Rapala

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
That my concern. A rookie d is our best d and it's clear as day. Heck, Harris has an argument for being the 2nd best d.
It's all part of the plan for Bedard. Playing 4 rockies on D - you can't get any more obvious than that. (though I think eventually Xhekaj will take direction of Laval and Harris and Kova will be rotating in an our depending on the injuries status. )

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Here it begins. Rushing a prospect that wasn’t rdy and blaming everyone else on the team for that prospect not being rdy. No one could see this coming.
MSL mad more than his share of questionable calls. The season is still young. I don't see it as unreasonable to see where Slaf and other youngster land after about 10 games... Won't kill them. But I hope Habs are ready to make appropriate moves, however unpopular (or popular - depending on a perspective) at the right time.

Burrows needs to go!

This is the worst kind of loss I don't want to see this year.
Let's see some high scoring games instead.

But the injuries to Matheson, Edmundson will hurt an already terrible D-squad.
We still don't have a quaterback for our PP and it won't work until we get one and Habs won't be able to put up a fight until the PP works.

But right now let's go with the obvious.
Xhekaj + Slafkovsky = Laval
Schueneman = Montreal
Pezzetta = Line-up

It's tough for Xhekaj right now, we need to protect him, he's getting exposed big time. Will be worst on the road.
Slafkovsky.....get him some ice-time. Playing him 10 minutes a night, no PP won't do him any good.

Even if it's not much, Pezz and Schueneman some experience.
Lol... Xhekaj vs Ovie... can you imagine? Ovie is no slouch when it comes to physical play either. And then he's got all them other skillz

I wasn't able to watch the game last night... but saw some highlights and man... Jake Allen! What a stud performance. Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake!

If he keeps it up, we might get 2 first round picks from the leafs come playoffs time :)

Reactions: Milhouse40

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Gallagher created a lot of chances for his line and hustled really hard tonight. Most of the time Slaf was nowhere to be seen with them and that in itself is a problem.

Your focusing too much on Slafs 2 flashes and not enough on the game overall.

I’d argue Dvorak is not a good center for Slaf. I’d rather a kid line.

I'd argue Dvorak is not a good center for anyone outside of grinders on a 3rd line. He's vastly overrated around here. He's nothing special right now and unless he wake up in a serious way he'll remain nothing special. If i'm a cup contending team looking for a 3rd line center and you ask me to chose between prime Eller and current Dvorak i do not hesitate one sec to take prime Eller.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I'd argue Dvorak is not a good center for anyone outside of grinders on a 3rd line. He's vastly overrated around here. He's nothing special right now and unless he wake up in a serious way he'll remain nothing special. If i'm a cup contending team looking for a 3rd line center and you ask me to chose between prime Eller and current Dvorak i do not hesitate one sec to take prime Eller.
I still cannot get over the fact the Bergevin gave up a first round pick for Dvorak.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Gally is clearly faster and has more stamina than last season but yeah he can't make a freaking pass. The whole line should be dismantled . It will help the 3 players. They don't complement well at all.
I don’t know why the Dvo/Gally/Dadonov line got dismantled after showing life in preseason

I hope so because they've been so effing cocky and cringy on social media after getting Debrincat.

I'd love to see them suck again.
Im on the fence with Debrincat. He played with McJesus in Juniors and Kane in the NHL. Curious to see how he produces now…. And Giroux isn’t comparable

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
278875381_1578860795876998_2120124559580026721_n.jpg

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
To put things in perspective, technically our best D is injured, and our #2 or #3 is also injured.

Think that's a consensus at this point.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Horrible coaching by St.Louis he said this year is about developing then start bloody developing you idiot play Slafkovsky with Dach and Monahan and drop Hoffman down.
MSL + Hoffman = unconditional love.

The new Therrien/Desharnais. At least DD actually tried.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I chuckled when Pierre Houde described a perfect pass through the slot on the rush with “Et Hoffman, lui, était parti ailleurs!” (Hoffman was gone elsewhere). He needs to sit with Drouin.
I find he’s looking better this year. Not really good, but not bad enough to get upset about. One of many players who could be fine with a lot of good players around but who really doesn’t look good in the current mix. Hoffman is probably done as a useful player but he’s not terrible.

Jul 6, 2016
Romanov is a physical #5 that brings very little offense and Lehkonen is a super hard working, not so skilled winger 3rd liner that is very useful in the playoffs.

I'll take a 6'4'' 21 y/o talented C and a talented smooth skating (pre-ankles injury anyway) 20 y/o 6'2'' RHD anyday of the week before them, yes.
Last thing this team needs is a scary, big center, and an AHL level D man !

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The game is lost ... OK, but the worst of the night is Carey Price who gets $10.5M per year from the Habs to sit and do nothing, skips the Habs game and instead watches a Toronto team play basketball.

The might genuinely be the dumbest complaint that I have ever seen on this board and I can't understate how telling that is.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I find he’s looking better this year. Not really good, but not bad enough to get upset about. One of many players who could be fine with a lot of good players around but who really doesn’t look good in the current mix. Hoffman is probably done as a useful player but he’s not terrible.
His hands and skating are still good, but I think he’s found a weird groove where he has tons of time when he gets the puck by playing as wide as the rink will allow him. Not setting a good pace for the rookies, I’m not concerned with stats or victories, really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad