Post-Game Talk: Habs lose nail-biter to Sens in OT, 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
That second goal that was not supposed to go in shifted the whole momentum, Price shouldn't allow goals like that! The team played like shit after that goal...

Reactions: habsfan909

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Byron saying that the team was tired. So for whoever wants to see this team drop......with how small it is, you can bet than from January to the end...this team shouldn't be too good if they are already tired in October....

thats not a leader type response. how can you be tired in october when you dont play any back to backs and the schedule is easy.

quidam1981

Oct 31, 2008
Watched my 1sr full game in ages, and at the Canadian Tire Center to boot. Sens are so desperate that they gave 1000 free tickets to Gatineau city employees. A friend of mine got 4 tickets.

My impressions:
- is hockey now always that "soft"? No hitting, no grit.
- Kotkaniemi will be very good. Awesome hockey sense .
- Alzner is more putrid that I thought he could be. Benn is barely better.
- Domi is pretty good. Good hustle.
- Drouin... I'm not a fan.
- the defence is ... Ouch...
- Tatar was invisible
- Price... Is not what he needs to be.
- Gallagher, Byron, Domi : a lot of small warriors who give it all. But there are so many missing pieces in this team. It's worse than I thought. They may win their fair share if they play together and give it their all every night. But man... Might as well rebuild for real.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Oh please. He's got 3 points this season. Shaw has 2 with a game less played, plus he does more in terms of being an all around player. Hudon had 30 points in 72 games, his best year. Shaw had 29 in 68 and he's not a natural top six guy, but provides more grit and edge and defensive game. Shaw is a winner. And hell, being buried on the bottom 6 in chicago, he had 39 points. If Hudon isnt producing he's worthless.

"his best year".... You mean better than the 6 games he had before last season?

And what's up with this Shaw adoration?

You are obviously biased.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Oh please. He's got 3 points this season. Shaw has 2 with a game less played, plus he does more in terms of being an all around player. Hudon had 30 points in 72 games, his best year. Shaw had 29 in 68 and he's not a natural top six guy, but provides more grit and edge and defensive game. Shaw is a winner. And hell, being buried on the bottom 6 in chicago, he had 39 points. If Hudon isnt producing he's worthless.

Personally, I think our best 4th line is Hudon - Peca - Shaw.

I also liked Hudon - Plek - Peca/Shaw too.

Deslauriers should be the odd man out especially while he's wearing that cage.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
"his best year".... You mean better than the 6 games he had before last season?

And what's up with this Shaw adoration?

You are obviously biased.

what makes me biased? Shaw isn't worse than Hudon. He'd be taken over Hudon on most any team in the NHL.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Byron saying that the team was tired. So for whoever wants to see this team drop......with how small it is, you can bet than from January to the end...this team shouldn't be too good if they are already tired in October....

Tired in that easy October schedule ?
That's either a ridiculous excuse or really worrisome.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Was Alzner this bad his last couple of seasons with the Caps. Or has his career dropped this drastically since he became a Hab?

Reactions: Redux91

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Tired? The furthest they’ve been is Pittsburgh. Does not bode well for the rest of the season when they go west

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
Are you even watching the game?
Alzner save a goal from going in.
Lernhout hitting does nothing except get you penalties.
Also directly caused a goal and was absolutely brutal all night besides diving back and prYing to Jesus the puck didn’t go it

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
The flu might have hit a few players maybe

They didn’t have bloody flu, if they did they would be out for a couple of weeks at least. They had a heavy cold/virus, typical men with their man flu, poor loves

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Was Alzner this bad his last couple of seasons with the Caps. Or has his career dropped this drastically since he became a Hab?

He was bad, just less awful, because he was carried by an underrated dman, much like Komisarek was carried by Markov. The Habs don't have anyone to carry Alzner.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Zusammenhalt

Dump & chase-not a fan of
Jan 18, 2007
Depot Division
Also directly caused a goal and was absolutely brutal all night besides diving back and prYing to Jesus the puck didn’t go it

So not true. Go back and rewind your recording to see what really happened. He had an active stick and disrupted plays all night long. He is not the reason.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Lol at all these negative comments. They just got 10 out of 14 points to start the year after most people said they'd be horrible. Give them a break.

I enjoyed the game and I cannot wait to see more from this team!

Triple your Lol, quite right you are

Reactions: rockinghorse

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
He was bad, just less awful, because he was carried by an underrated dman, much like Komisarek was carried by Markov. The Habs don't have anyone to carry Alzner.

Thanks, i'll admit to not paying too much attention to Alzner while I watched the Caps play. I just didn't remember him being this bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad