Post-Game Talk: Habs lose nail-biter to Sens in OT, 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Price is a great goalie! A top 5 goalie. In the last game...he has stopped quite a few A++ scoring chances. People can't analyse Price while praising him when he's great....and excusing him when he isn't. Being great means stopping top quality scoring chances. I just don't understand some people. You are not evaluating Price solely on the TERRIBLE goals he gives. That's not the starting point for him. Yes...he can't be great every single game....but he is paid to be MOST of the games. And that INCLUDES stopping A+++++ scoring chances.
When you're the highest paid goalie in the league (by a long shot), you don't get to be inconsistent. If we wanted that, then we could pay another goalie 5 million and get that.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
If they can get rid of Price it's time to do it.He is no better than average anymore.Niemi and Lindgren will do just fine.Alzner should never play another game here.Get Armia away from our flying finn .

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
This is the Habs... they can use speed and look great at times but the lack of true top line talent will come up like it did tonight.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Price is a great goalie! A top 5 goalie. In the last game...he has stopped quite a few A++ scoring chances. People can't analyse Price while praising him when he's great....and excusing him when he isn't. Being great means stopping top quality scoring chances. I just don't understand some people. You are not evaluating Price solely on the TERRIBLE goals he gives. That's not the starting point for him. Yes...he can't be great every single game....but he is paid to be MOST of the games. And that INCLUDES stopping A+++++ scoring chances.
Price was at 904% before this game.Not great numbers and he needs to be a lot better as well.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Shaw played a full 2minutes on a PP... if that's not bad coaching idk what is.

Scherbak AND hudon could have played tonight instead of Dlo and Shaw, when your 4th line is Hudon-Peca-Scherbak , you can expect some extra scoring chances. Love Dlo, really do. But he cant bring more than Hudon or Scherbak with a mask on... Shaw is ... shaw.

Reactions: zx81

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Sens displayed great hockey there. Never felt safe watching this game. Our OT game is so off. Seems every team is good at it but habs just don't know what to do. Put Byron and gallagher out there.

Man is this ever true... Our OT games BLOWS. We really suck at 3v3.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Part of me is glad Ottawa is decent but god I hate Stone's face.

One more save and a couple more entertaining periods would have made this a good game. Oh well

Reactions: Redux91 and Max2

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So, we still suck at faceoffs which means we’ll always be at a disadvantage possession wise until that’s fixed, and we definitely do not have any shooters that can simply snipe it and end it. We lack finishers big time.

Reactions: Redux91

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
team seemed to mail it in after the first and started to believe their own hype. price inconsistent, and small mistakes cost goals. didn't get the line match ups on the road and our lack of FO strength exposed us in the end. thought 15 had a great game, especially coming to price's defence in OT

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
My lines when everyone is healthy

Drouin --- Domi -- Leky
Tartar -- Danauelt ---- Gallagher
Byron --- KK ---- Armia
Delaurius --- Peca --- Scherbak

Mete ---- Weber
Reily --- Petry
Benn ---Jullisen

Pleky, Shaw, Alzner, Quoliet, Schlemko all spare parts.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Wave Alzner right now! He hasn’t got a no movement clause so we can throw him in the AHL! And let him rot there in hopes that he retires early! Jordie Benn too! Wave him and throw him in the AHL he’s horrible! Bring up some young guys, I’m sick and tired of looking at those two, they are an embarrassment.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad