Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in Toronto.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Extremely unlikely that a team goes from never winning a round to winning four.
O
Rant coming in(and I screwed up, but I will post this anyway.)

I go to sportnet and I click on highlights/NHL... 20 videos about leafs including a 38 second one about Woll being confused about the lines because he didn't know about the RoR trade. A fake out that looks like a bruins one but is actually about "Bruins 'say' they aren't bothered by RoR trade" Blues fake out about team mates missing him and his accolades. Rors a good player but there is more hype than Tavares. Ror video-"Its the Mecca of Hockey!"

4 about calgary, one about the sens, and 3 about the canucks. NOTHING about the habs. a few about the bruins and how they need to watchout!

Is this what a 'national broadcaster' looks like. Rogers is a joke, and f*** you NHL. I just wanted to see highlights from the canes washington game. Guess I will go over to ESPN since Sportnet can't even be bothered to carry highlights from across the league as the NHL's Canadian side rights broadcaster. For this alone I hope the leafs continue to shit the bed and never make them a dime of playoff money. Wow look how great quality is since we allowed these idiots to win the rights to hockey...still bush league only with more expensive production.

I still remember how bad we all thought it would be with the third rung Rogers hot garbage got the rights for 12 years. But I never imagined it would be this bad at naval gazing and not understanding the market outside of Toronto. SN was only slightly better than The Score and I daresay that the score did a better job for the NHL
Worst part is I could have gotten along with NHL TV before but now have to deal with Rogers distilled piss.

I did make a mistake, that was just the news header, even though it was in the highlights area. I didn't scroll down enough to see actual game highlights. I'm dumb but that is still poor site design. How about some post gamers that are from around the league, not a Buzzfeed clickbait news section about the leafs.

Can I ask people out west and in the east if their news section is any better, maybe its tied to your IP and being in SW ontario i am part of the 'target' audience???
Game,Set,Match my friend! Nail on the head! ect. ect. ect…….

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Kotka looking good.

Thanks for drafting Cole, but F u Bergevin,

Sincerely,

EVERY habs fan!
24 points in 55 games isn't ground shaking, but he looks a lot better than the 4th liner we were turning him into. Both jerseys from that outdoor game looked hideous. I think the NHL has also run the course on its outdoor games. There are too many of them. They could be an issue if standing are tight with the terrible extra point mechanics. It doesn't play that close to a regular game, though they are so often now the players don't seem as awkward as the past.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
f*** I hate Hall & Oates!
You think thats bad. I have a co worker that weird als the lyrics and gets them stuck in your head. Ill get to that but I agree. Its jaunty pop music like this that pushed me into listening to metal and hard rock. Leafs ruined any good will I might have had for that one H&O dreams come true when they made it their goal song. Budum bum Bump, Budum bum Bump...uggh.

Oh about my coworker...
Your piss, your piss,
Is on my lips
I said your piss, your piss
I can't resist
Because your piss is what I miss
It just tastes so right.

Yeah get that stuck in your head with that terrible low effort pop beat.

A true aficionado of music is able to appreciate tunes in any form they come in, be it the blistering hardcore of Despise You or the smooth, blue-eyed soul of Phil Collins. And speaking of smooth, blue-eyed soul, I’m going on record as saying that anyone who doesn’t like Hall and Oates has zero right to express an opinion on music.

They’re the litmus test. Does the person you’re talking to actually know anything about music? Or do they just ape whatever Pitchfork is telling them to think this week?

The reason Hall and Oates make for such a compelling litmus test is that you have to be either an idiot or a genius to appreciate them. The tunes are catchy, hearkening back to the best of what made Motown’s poppiest pop great. It’s that simple and that complicated. You can groove on the sugary sweet simplicity of the melody or you can dive down deep into the nuances of the rhythm section and the harmonies. The choice is yours.

But what you can’t do is not like Hall and Oates. And sorry, some ironic karaoke appreciation of them isn’t going to cut the mustard, nor is labeling them a “guilty pleasure.” Though, if you’re not doing “Kiss on My List” at karaoke, you’re kind of f***ing up

I can argue against that.

Last edited:

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Stopped watching after 4-1. Barron & Harris were brutal defensively tonight. Kovacevic was mediocre.

Leafs gave up way too many odd man rushes, and there were way too many giveaways in their own zone. A better offensive team puts them away. Now I know how they lost 6-2 to Sens.

Not really impressed with the Leafs at all.
Sorry,but this is not about the Leafs.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Rant coming in(and I screwed up, but I will post this anyway.)

I go to sportnet and I click on highlights/NHL... 20 videos about leafs including a 38 second one about Woll being confused about the lines because he didn't know about the RoR trade. A fake out that looks like a bruins one but is actually about "Bruins 'say' they aren't bothered by RoR trade" Blues fake out about team mates missing him and his accolades. Rors a good player but there is more hype than Tavares. Ror video-"Its the Mecca of Hockey!"

4 about calgary, one about the sens, and 3 about the canucks. NOTHING about the habs. a few about the bruins and how they need to watchout!

Is this what a 'national broadcaster' looks like. Rogers is a joke, and f*** you NHL. I just wanted to see highlights from the canes washington game. Guess I will go over to ESPN since Sportnet can't even be bothered to carry highlights from across the league as the NHL's Canadian side rights broadcaster. For this alone I hope the leafs continue to shit the bed and never make them a dime of playoff money. Wow look how great quality is since we allowed these idiots to win the rights to hockey...still bush league only with more expensive production.

I still remember how bad we all thought it would be with the third rung Rogers hot garbage got the rights for 12 years. But I never imagined it would be this bad at naval gazing and not understanding the market outside of Toronto. SN was only slightly better than The Score and I daresay that the score did a better job for the NHL
Worst part is I could have gotten along with NHL TV before but now have to deal with Rogers distilled piss.

I did make a mistake, that was just the news header, even though it was in the highlights area. I didn't scroll down enough to see actual game highlights. I'm dumb but that is still poor site design. How about some post gamers that are from around the league, not a Buzzfeed clickbait news section about the leafs.

Can I ask people out west and in the east if their news section is any better, maybe its tied to your IP and being in SW ontario i am part of the 'target' audience???
I only watch the games on SN+ .
I get All the highlights and podcasts on You Tube.Plenty of Hab material daily .We live in Nova Scotia and my IPis set to Vancouver .That is so I get All the Hab games regardless of restrictions.Havent had Cable since we moved from SWOntario.Cheers

Reactions: Doc McKenna

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
24 points in 55 games isn't ground shaking, but he looks a lot better than the 4th liner we were turning him into. Both jerseys from that outdoor game looked hideous. I think the NHL has also run the course on its outdoor games. There are too many of them. They could be an issue if standing are tight with the terrible extra point mechanics. It doesn't play that close to a regular game, though they are so often now the players don't seem as awkward as the past.
I still believe his potential is 30 to 50 points. Either a solid 3rd line center or a weak 2nd line center. I think people underrate him defensively. He's not bad (not great either) in his zone for a guy his age and experience. He's passable at faceoffs. I was ranking him around the 10th to 15th pick and had he be picked there he would be developing just fine. He's nothing special but he's not worse than Dvorak and his contract is just barely worse. Nobody having Dvorak in his team should be looking at JK and laugh.

Leafs are a good team. Habs hung around for half the game. Not bad really, considering they're playing quite a lot of rookies. I thought Schueneman was an improvement to Wideman, which to me is a positive takeaway.
I'm not sure ROR will be the solution. He's having a terrible year. Can he at least go back to his previous season production? He'll bring lot of experience for sure. Not sure it will work but at least their GM is trying while the guys are still in their prime instead of watching to train go by.

Jul 6, 2016
Drouin has played a very good game. Too bad the other guys at the other end of his passes were sleeping.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The rebuild should have been done when we hired Bergevin and they drafted Galchenyuk.

We had young Pacioretty, PK Subban, young Gallagher, still Prime Markov, all we needed was to sell some vets for younger players, find a real centerman and contend 2-3 years later.

But he didn't sell, we finished 1st in the east and the moron thought we were actually good enough.

Wasted 10 years.

Holy shit. You weren't paying attention at all back then, were you? Bergevin's biggest f***ing problem during that time is thinking that we weren't good enough (we could have been if he'd gone balls to the wall for a center) and he'd refuse to 'mortgage the future' while we were finishing top of the league for a few years straight.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Holy shit. You weren't paying attention at all back then, were you? Bergevin's biggest f***ing problem during that time is thinking that we weren't good enough (we could have been if he'd gone balls to the wall for a center) and he'd refuse to 'mortgage the future' while we were finishing top of the league for a few years straight.
We were not good enough. We didn't have a #1 C and barely had a #2 C. When he was hired he said he'd rebuild, but didn't do it because of the results of the first year.

Our top 6 scoring forwards his first year were Pacioretty, Plekanec, Eller (0.65ppg) and Gallagher (0.62ppg), Desharnais and 18 years old rookie Galcheyuk. Markov , Subban and Price were the team, but Therrien (who Bergevin hired) thought Subban was trash because of his personality and skin color and constantly pissed him off.

We needed a real centerman and another real 1st line winger, MB never made it happen. "Going balls to the wall" sounds great, but we had no good prospects to trade for those guys. We needed to draft high and lots, like we've been doing now.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
We were not good enough. We didn't have a #1 C and barely had a #2 C. When he was hired he said he'd rebuild, but didn't do it because of the results of the first year.

Our top 6 scoring forwards his first year were Pacioretty, Plekanec, Eller (0.65ppg) and Gallagher (0.62ppg), Desharnais and 18 years old rookie Galcheyuk.

We needed a real centerman and another real 1st line winger, he never made it happen.

Plekanec was a 2C and they refused to try and develop Galchenyuk. Playing Desharnais where he was was criminal (hence why he should have scorched the league and given up everything to try and get one) but the team had a superb core that he should have added to, not rebuilt. Rebuilding at the time was the worst decision to take. Sitting idle the second. And that's what he did because he was a loser of a GM.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Plekanec was a 2C and they refused to try and develop Galchenyuk. Playing Desharnais where he was was criminal (hence why he should have scorched the league and given up everything to try and get one) but the team had a superb core that he should have added to, not rebuilt. Rebuilding at the time was the worst decision to take. Sitting idle the second. And that's what he did because he was a loser of a GM.
I guess "rebuild" was a poor choice of words as we had younger Pacioready, Subban and Plekanec in place, but the building definitely wasn't over, and he didn't continue it.

We definitely agree he was terrible.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I guess "rebuild" was a poor choice of words as we had younger Pacioready, Subban and Plekanec in place, but the building definitely wasn't over, and he didn't continue it.

We definitely agree he was terrible.
It took Habs a lot less to recover from Houle days than it will from Bergevin days. Bergevin has f***ed this team over for 5-7 years. He was the worst. Clown.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You think thats bad. I have a co worker that weird als the lyrics and gets them stuck in your head. ...

Oh about my coworker...
Your piss, your piss,
Is on my lips
I can't resist
It just tastes so right.

Yeah get that stuck in your head with that terrible low effort pop beat. ...
Your co-worker has completely ruined that song for me.

I was never a fan of it but since it still tends to get airplay and when you're channel surfing as often as I am, I will be exposed to it. And those low effort lyrics are going to be very difficult to ignore now. :laugh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Agreed and what was worse was it was evident to most after Desharnais and Patch went missing when we needed them most. Plenty of us were screaming from the rooftops. Two or three decent moves from a real chance. But the writing was on the wall for me when Bergevin danced away after the Boston series.
I was legitmately pissed and alone calling him out on it. I was telling anyone who was listening that we weren't ready for the Rangers and of course game one was a monumental disaster for the Organization and Carey Price.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
You think thats bad. I have a co worker that weird als the lyrics and gets them stuck in your head. Ill get to that but I agree. Its jaunty pop music like this that pushed me into listening to metal and hard rock. Leafs ruined any good will I might have had for that one H&O dreams come true when they made it their goal song. Budum bum Bump, Budum bum Bump...uggh.

Oh about my coworker...
Your piss, your piss,
Is on my lips
I can't resist
It just tastes so right.

Yeah get that stuck in your head with that terrible low effort pop beat.

A true aficionado of music is able to appreciate tunes in any form they come in, be it the blistering hardcore of Despise You or the smooth, blue-eyed soul of Phil Collins. And speaking of smooth, blue-eyed soul, I’m going on record as saying that anyone who doesn’t like Hall and Oates has zero right to express an opinion on music.

They’re the litmus test. Does the person you’re talking to actually know anything about music? Or do they just ape whatever Pitchfork is telling them to think this week?

The reason Hall and Oates make for such a compelling litmus test is that you have to be either an idiot or a genius to appreciate them. The tunes are catchy, hearkening back to the best of what made Motown’s poppiest pop great. It’s that simple and that complicated. You can groove on the sugary sweet simplicity of the melody or you can dive down deep into the nuances of the rhythm section and the harmonies. The choice is yours.

But what you can’t do is not like Hall and Oates. And sorry, some ironic karaoke appreciation of them isn’t going to cut the mustard, nor is labeling them a “guilty pleasure.” Though, if you’re not doing “Kiss on My List” at karaoke, you’re kind of f***ing up

I can argue against that.
I had a coworker, he is an encyclopedia of music, or was? It was fun to talk about music except when he quote David Bowie to be as good or better than the Beatles. I mean, also better than Pink Floyd? He was able to appreciate Steely Dan but that group wasn't as good as Bowie, according to him ??? WTF !!!

Then years later another of my coworker said this guy was a great fan of H&O. I said to myself Oh no !

The eighties have been great with music, from Human League to Eurythmics, the Clash, the Smiths, etc. All great groups and good music, inventive, catchy, sophisticated and lyrics that means something. H&O were so superficial compared to others, gezzz ...

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The rebuild should have been done when we hired Bergevin and they drafted Galchenyuk.

We had young Pacioretty, PK Subban, young Gallagher, still Prime Markov, all we needed was to sell some vets for younger players, find a real centerman and contend 2-3 years later.

But he didn't sell, we finished 1st in the east and the moron thought we were actually good enough.

Wasted 10 years.
Built around Galchenyuk as our 1st center? Yeah and accept he was a party animal and forget about any system of play. Give drugs to the players, etc.
The real centerman have been a problem since Houle era. The Gainey years didn't change anything. Gainey kept Koivu and Plekanec. He replaced Koivu by Gomez and that's it. Never drafted Getzlaf or Carter, no Bergeron, no Giroux and no Kopitar, nop Enrique, not even Zajak. Gainey didn't help anything with centers in his entire tenure. A big ZERO in centers. That's because it wasn't important, that's my explanation. The team was enough with a solid goalie, a solid D in front of him, Plekky and some patches here and there. It was 14 years like that before Bergevin came in.

Bertgevin just continued in the same mold. It took a bit of luck to get Suzuki and a touch of genious from Gorton and Hughes to get Dach. It took an very different approach to change the hockey culture of the Habs. I beleive deeply inside him Molson regret and realise he's been wrong for so many years. I'm not excusing Bergevin, I see him as a chain link.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad