Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in Toronto.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Now we're going to read StuCowan saying how everything is fine ,all the guys are smart and nice ,etc

Bedard is Not a generational player
He is Not the saviour.Very good for sure but playing against kids
Stu is bound to produce a few hundred articles about birthdays before he says anything more.

Reactions: Rapala and Tyson

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I started watching the game tonight thinking it might be interesting to see how the young ones hold up.

I guess I had not realized they are all in the hospital.

What a boring lineup we have at the moment. It's insane they don't lose more than they do.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
THEY PLAYED AN AHL TEAM, you f***ing morons (SN panel that is). Shut the f*** up!
1676778414301.png

Reactions: The Real Timo

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Those Covid years did us real harm not moving wasting assets when we should have. The rebuild started a full two years after it was needed.
The rebuild should have been done when we hired Bergevin and they drafted Galchenyuk.

We had young Pacioretty, PK Subban, young Gallagher, still Prime Markov, all we needed was to sell some vets for younger players, find a real centerman and contend 2-3 years later.

But he didn't sell, we finished 1st in the east and the moron thought we were actually good enough.

Wasted 10 years.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Stopped watching after 4-1. Barron & Harris were brutal defensively tonight. Kovacevic was mediocre.

Leafs gave up way too many odd man rushes, and there were way too many giveaways in their own zone. A better offensive team puts them away. Now I know how they lost 6-2 to Sens.

Not really impressed with the Leafs at all.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'd rather have a sami zayn gdt.

I can't get myself to watching these games when the goal is to lose on top of so many of the interesting players being out of the lineup.

Reactions: Redux91 and jrom

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I'd rather have a sami zayn gdt.

I can't get myself to watching these games when the goal is to lose on top of so many of the interesting players being out of the lineup.

the team isn't even trying, there is no emotion out there, really nothing to play for. The bad contracts aren't getting moved, so they are just not giving a crap either way. Drouin doesn't care, neither does Armia, Hoffman or Dvorak. I think Savard and Anderson care, hard to tell about the rest. Suzuki sort of worries me, I really don't think he's captain material, doesn't really inspire out there. Heck of a player when he's on his game, I think they should have left the team without a C this year.

It would be different if the games were entertaining, some fights maybe.. tons of rushes etc.. but its just sad how this team is right now. Pathetic really.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Leafs have drafted fairly well considering all the first picks they traded recently. Knies in second round, Sandin turning into solid player. Minten I had him and Beck equal at draft. Robertson would done better but injuries. I don't know know who runs their draft but somebody to keep eye on in future if his contract comes up.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Another rough game for Kovacevic whoever he is paired with it doesn't matter now running the same play over and over again.
Not to always complain about defense but the forecheck is non existent for any of the forwards on this team.
Also, think Dach is near to done for the season.

Reactions: Kimota

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Rant coming in(and I screwed up, but I will post this anyway.)

I go to sportnet and I click on highlights/NHL... 20 videos about leafs including a 38 second one about Woll being confused about the lines because he didn't know about the RoR trade. A fake out that looks like a bruins one but is actually about "Bruins 'say' they aren't bothered by RoR trade" Blues fake out about team mates missing him and his accolades. Rors a good player but there is more hype than Tavares. Ror video-"Its the Mecca of Hockey!"

4 about calgary, one about the sens, and 3 about the canucks. NOTHING about the habs. a few about the bruins and how they need to watchout!

Is this what a 'national broadcaster' looks like. Rogers is a joke, and f*** you NHL. I just wanted to see highlights from the canes washington game. Guess I will go over to ESPN since Sportnet can't even be bothered to carry highlights from across the league as the NHL's Canadian side rights broadcaster. For this alone I hope the leafs continue to shit the bed and never make them a dime of playoff money. Wow look how great quality is since we allowed these idiots to win the rights to hockey...still bush league only with more expensive production.

I still remember how bad we all thought it would be with the third rung Rogers hot garbage got the rights for 12 years. But I never imagined it would be this bad at naval gazing and not understanding the market outside of Toronto. SN was only slightly better than The Score and I daresay that the score did a better job for the NHL
Worst part is I could have gotten along with NHL TV before but now have to deal with Rogers distilled piss.

I did make a mistake, that was just the news header, even though it was in the highlights area. I didn't scroll down enough to see actual game highlights. I'm dumb but that is still poor site design. How about some post gamers that are from around the league, not a Buzzfeed clickbait news section about the leafs.

Can I ask people out west and in the east if their news section is any better, maybe its tied to your IP and being in SW ontario i am part of the 'target' audience???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad