Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in Carolina

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Up until our first pp in the 3rd period I liked our chances.
Canes were looking tired and were playing pretty badly.
Then we got 2 successive pps and it totally rejuvenated the Canes.
Not only our pp did not generate anything (excepted from a nice rush by Slaf) but we gave the best chances to the Canes.

Overall, Suzuki and CC were terrible tonight.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You can clearly see the elbow come up and catch Slaf in the chops.
Horrible horrible horrible officiating.
You have too catch blatant high sticks. You can't blow the f***ing whistle when a player is set to walk in untouched on a delayed penalty. The hit looked like a head shot to me and I'd rather the league review this stuff than some of the other stuff that gets reviewed.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Maybe this is the catalyst that gets them to bring Arber back up. Silver linings?
If you bring Arber up, what do you do with Struble? Struble has been our best dman.

Guhle has not been playing well the past month. Have to call a spade a space. I think Barron has a lot to do with it.

Reactions: Pomee

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Caufield was closest to the play and managed a few love taps as seen below. Not his fault, it’s not in him to retaliate in kind.

This is looking like the Super Soff team blueprint from Gorton’s NYR days.

@Habs has been right all along — you need to be able to protect your best players. At the end of the day, it remains a sanguine, goon sport.

I don't know who the defense pairing were on the ice at the time of the hit. Sadly besides Anderson, we have no forwards who can be expected to stand up for their team mates.

Reactions: Runner77

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
When Caufield is the guy having to go after a player i wonder where the other guys were…
So sad... The team was done after that, you could see they were embarrassed from their lack of response

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If you bring Arber up, what do you do with Struble? Struble has been our best dman.

Guhle has not been playing well the past month. Have to call a spade a space. I think Barron has a lot to do with it.
There is no law that says young Dmen can't be rotated in and out of the lineup keeping everyone fresh.
How in God's name does that not make more sense than rotating three fn goalies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Disagree. Team manages to stay in the game for most of it.

The problem is taking consecutive penalties with 4 minutes left.

And, beating the dead horse, bringing it back to life, beating it to death again and then turning it into a leather jacket and beating that to death...

The power play. This is the Habs achilles heel. It is the bane and the cause of the mediocrity. With a half decent power play, Habs win this game. It is consistently the team's worst aspect and continues to lose them games.

I have no idea why this has yet to be addressed but at some point, ya gotta do something about it. Team will never be successful otherwise.
My counter: no.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
There is no law that says young Dmen can't be rotated in and out of the lineup keeping everyone fresh.
How in God's name does that not make more sense than rotating three fn goalies.

LHD = Matheson, Guhle, Struble, Harris, Jackeye.

You have to rotate in Harris and Jackeye with Struble.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Room needs to be made soon. Can Struble play RD?
Most GM's would find a way to have X in their line ups
Yes he can better than Barron.
You know there is a problem when your best line jumps on the ice and you find yourself looking up to see if Struble is out there.
I do it all the time because it's the only time I feel confident we may end up in the proper zone.
I'm not kidding.

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
Barron, Dvorak, Bunting, Storm surge: all things that make me cringe.

Also, CC is invisible lately except when he's taking last-minute penalties. Pas bon ça.

Storm surge standing in a round clapping in synchronization with the crowd then running around to stomp a player while laughing like buffoons is literally the cringiest and trashiest shit ever lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad