Things could be worse for us,

We could have,

A center putting up 50-60 goal seasons,

Two wingers capable of putting up 100 point seasons,

But hey, who needs that?

We are doing just fine as is,

We don't need any of that, it doesn't help anything

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
So many words to say exactly what I said.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Yeah, what an awful position to be in,

Things could be worse for us,

We could have,

A center putting up 50-60 goal seasons,

Two wingers capable of putting up 100 point seasons,

But hey, who needs that?

We are doing just fine as is,

We don't need any of that, it doesn't help anything

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What’s the point if all you have to show for it is nothing in the playoffs ?

Everyone wanted to rebuild but a few blowouts game and the sky is falling. It’s gonna take a few seasons to turn over that roster.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Lose? Got smacked...ouch is all I have to say.
Bruins who didn't scored a 10th goal is kindda like an huge victory ! Lol, that consolation is so pathetic. I can't beleive the Bruins keep on doing so good after Bergeron and Kreji retired. They must have a winning culture we can only dream about. Or their management is 200% better than ours.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Look at the average age of that defense.
And a majority here wants Savard to be traded. When obviously a 34 yrs old D with 2 more years contract will not bring much value back in a trade. Our young D needs a vet like him cuz it's gonna be tough and ugly.

I'm worried about the developpment and the confidence of our young D.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
D gave up way to much space to Bruins, and basically gave the Bruins free range in front of Montembeault. Montembeault also was like a seive, letting in pucks he usually wouldn’t. Altogether, a whole team effort in losing. They did keep it close for 2 periods, but the signs were on the wall from puck drop

Jinx breaker night was low class beer league bs. Surprised that the NHL authoritized that.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What’s the point if all you have to show for it is nothing in the playoffs ?

Everyone wanted to rebuild but a few blowouts game and the sky is falling. It’s gonna take a few seasons to turn over that roster.

Yes - the big picture gets lost so quickly..

We started rebuilding when Hugo took over. Which means we have had literally 2 years of rebuild at this point, half a season after Bergevin was fired, a full season last year, and half a season so far this year.

We have ONE prospect from the Hugo rebuild that is playing in the NHL so far and that's Slafkovsky, who we can all agree is having a pretty good development spike in year 2.

The two big adds from the rebuild - Newhook and Dach. Have been out for the majority of the year. Most teams in a rebuild can't perform offensively with two of their top 6 completely out.

Rebuilds on the short term take FIVE years to get out of. Rebuilds average between 5-8 years to start getting into the playoffs.

Context matters. We were always going to be a bottom 10 team this year and its impressive they stayed in it as long as they did, especially with their injuries.

But a majority of what will comprise this core isn't on the team yet, is still in development, or is on IR.

Reactions: Trabdy2 and Leto

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Bruins who didn't scored a 10th goal is kindda like an huge victory ! Lol, that consolation is so pathetic. I can't beleive the Bruins keep on doing so good after Bergeron and Kreji retired. They must have a winning culture we can only dream about. Or their management is 200% better than ours.
The two last parts of your statement pretty much sum it up.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
Lopsided loss but a great learning experience. Attention to details are so important when defending.
The days of fierce hockey rivalry appears to dead. Boston is no longer a team of thuggery as they were so well know for.
I kept the recording and will review it in greater depth to see where it all went wrong so easily and so fast.
I doubled down Saturday night playing a game and was asked to sub for the ref afterwards. At least I got to play and intervene in some fierce hockey.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
The point is, ever season is a new season, and every season, every team has a chance to win, that is why the teams play the season,

Star forwards like Matthews, Nylander, and Marner are difficult to find, if anybody should know that, we habs fans should know that, when is the last time we had a player of their caliber?

Leafs have 3 star franchise players with a poor supporting cast,

We have zero star franchise players with a decent supporting cast,

The advantage to the Leafs is, star franchise players are more difficult to find than a supporting cast is,

I’m not actively harping on the Leafs on this board unlike others but I’m not envious of their overall situation.

They have very talented players that don’t seem to elevate their game in the playoffs and their contending window (factoring in salary cap) is not gonna stay open forever.

If they don’t make a Cup finale with that core, it will have been for nothing (or not much). Obviously Habs need more talent but the timing of it all is also key.

Reactions: Runner77

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Habs haters making sure to rub it in today 😭

IMG_20230529_193002_ins.jpg

Reactions: Skip Bayless

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
And a majority here wants Savard to be traded. When obviously a 34 yrs old D with 2 more years contract will not bring much value back in a trade. Our young D needs a vet like him cuz it's gonna be tough and ugly.

I'm worried about the developpment and the confidence of our young D.

Savard will definitely bring good value back

bodacious

Oct 3, 2019
Rebuilds on the short term take FIVE years to get out of. Rebuilds average between 5-8 years to start getting into the playoffs.
The Bruins are effectively in year 1 of their rebuild, consider they lost from last years team:

Bergeron - 1C
Krejci - 2C
Nosek - 4C
Hall 2W
Bertuzzi 2/3W
Orlov - 2nd pair D
Clifton - 3rd pair D

They also had a $5M cap penalty
They replaced all those players with 3 rookies, 3 FA at less than $1M each and 1 PTO.

So still in 1st place in the middle of a rebuild.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
The Bruins are effectively in year 1 of their rebuild, consider they lost from last years team:

Bergeron - 1C
Krejci - 2C
Nosek - 4C
Hall 2W
Bertuzzi 2/3W
Orlov - 2nd pair D
Clifton - 3rd pair D

They replaced all those players with 3 rookies, 3 FA at less than $1M each and 1 PTO.

Wait what!!!! you mean rebuilding doesn't take that long after all,and it's not set in stone that it should take 5-6 years,gee,must be someone thinking out of "la boite"

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
That's quite the tweak, they lost more players than the Blackhawks did.

The caliber of players they have let go, and still maintained a top team with a cup, is unreal. Seguin, Thornton, first round picks traded for assets, great drafting size.. skill... I hate that franchise so much, but they know how to keep moving. When you have guys that bleed your colors like Neely , Sweeney etc running the team, they don't like losing, unlike the cupcakes the Habs keep handing the keys over to. Bring back legit players who have actually won at this game to help build the team, not a bunch of lawyers and calculator dudes who can't even skate.

The Habs don't brink back legends to help rebuild the team, they should have given the chance. Goes back to Bowman , Big Bird, and Roy. MSL was a great hockey player, why are they giving him a total rat like Burrows to help run things anyways?

Anyways... i've ranted about Roy/Robinson enough lately lol

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax

Wait what!!!! you mean rebuilding doesn't take that long after all,and it's not set in stone that it should take 5-6 years,gee,must be someone thinking out of "la boite"
They're not rebuilding lol. Should we have been able to snap our fingers and have McAvoy/Marchand/Pastrnak appear out of thin air?

There's no comparison between their situation and Montreal's after 2021 with Weber, Price, and Danault all leaving simultaneously alongside Petry and Gallagher going into quick decline, the only player that's been directly replaced is Matheson who's worse than Petry was at his best. If we had prime Pastrnak/McAvoy + Marchand, Lindholm, and Boston's goaltending on the roster we wouldn't be rebuilding. We don't, so here we are.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC

Bergeron - 1C
Krejci - 2C
Nosek - 4C
Hall 2W
Bertuzzi 2/3W
Orlov - 2nd pair D
Clifton - 3rd pair D

they are not rebuilding, their window is slowly closing. This is year 1 of regression. They aren't getting another Bergeron/Chara. Goaltending, Pasta and depth are their strengths now

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Mixed feelings about the game. Obviously no one is going to like giving up 9 goals, but the Habs looked good for the first half of the game, again showing they can beat even the best teams in the NHL, just not consistently. We're seeing the progress, but right now we don't have the depth or talent to bring our best every game. Habs simply stopped keeping up with the Bruins and boston took advantage. This loss was messy and it stings, but its not like its the 10-0 Columbus beating.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The caliber of players they have let go, and still maintained a top team with a cup, is unreal. Seguin, Thornton, first round picks traded for assets, great drafting size.. skill... I hate that franchise so much, but they know how to keep moving. When you have guys that bleed your colors like Neely , Sweeney etc running the team, they don't like losing, unlike the cupcakes the Habs keep handing the keys over to. Bring back legit players who have actually won at this game to help build the team, not a bunch of lawyers and calculator dudes who can't even skate.

The Habs don't brink back legends to help rebuild the team, they should have given the chance. Goes back to Bowman , Big Bird, and Roy. MSL was a great hockey player, why are they giving him a total rat like Burrows to help run things anyways?

Anyways... i've ranted about Roy/Robinson enough lately lol
The legends you mentioned, or the other ones you didn't mentioned, they would have been roasted by the medias and the social media folks like here. Read what posters here clealy mention they would roast that or that player. Habs are one of the most toxic fanbase of the league. Boston fans don't act the same and in the same time, they ask for better results. And they get better results.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
In more general terms I don't really understand why there's all this angst and consternation every time we lose a game. Dach, Pearson, Newhook, and Dvorak are all out of the lineup and the roster wasn't good to begin with even with those guys on the team. Jake Evans is our 2C. A tank roster that's been completely depleted with injuries is playing .489 hockey and it's somehow a crisis on here when the team rolling Jake Evans and a completely washed Brendan Gallagher on the 2nd line + four defencemen with under 100 NHL games played loses to a top 5 team in the league.

I get why people have gripes with the defensive structure and I share some of those concerns, but by any reasonable standard this team is significantly outplaying their roster on paper to be at .489 hockey over halfway through the season with all of these injuries. We got paid a first round pick to take Monahan and he's our 4th best forward - what do people expect? This is what happens when you lose your #1C, #1D, and franchise goalie and then have your #1RW decline into a borderline 4th liner all in a single offseason.

Reactions: Habssince89

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
In more general terms I don't really understand why there's all this angst and consternation every time we lose a game. Dach, Pearson, Newhook, and Dvorak are all out of the lineup and the roster wasn't good to begin with even with those guys on the team. Jake Evans is our 2C. A tank roster that's been completely depleted with injuries is playing .489 hockey and it's somehow a crisis on here when the team rolling Jake Evans and a completely washed Brendan Gallagher on the 2nd line + four defencemen with under 100 NHL games played loses to a top 5 team in the league.

I get why people have gripes with the defensive structure and I share some of those concerns, but by any reasonable standard this team is significantly outplaying their roster on paper to be at .489 hockey over halfway through the season with all of these injuries. We got paid a first round pick to take Monahan and he's our 4th best forward - what do people expect? This is what happens when you lose your #1C, #1D, and franchise goalie and then have your #1RW decline into a borderline 4th liner all in a single offseason.
good post! And despite that there have been plenty of games where the team is clicking and things looks promising. The progress and development is lightyears ahead of the past 30 years!
Some posters tend to only be happy with contending or completely rebuilding and being in the gutter, but they don't understand that teams need to live somewhere in between while becoming contenders, and that doesn't mean stagnation.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
They're not rebuilding lol. Should we have been able to snap our fingers and have McAvoy/Marchand/Pastrnak appear out of thin air?

There's no comparison between their situation and Montreal's after 2021 with Weber, Price, and Danault all leaving simultaneously alongside Petry and Gallagher going into quick decline, the only player that's been directly replaced is Matheson who's worse than Petry was at his best. If we had prime Pastrnak/McAvoy + Marchand, Lindholm, and Boston's goaltending on the roster we wouldn't be rebuilding. We don't, so here we are.
My point was it's not set in stone that a lengthy rebuild works, ex.Edmonton,Buffalo.We haven't seen a decent team in Montreal "the greatest hockey franchise that ever existed"for over thirty years and you expect fans to TRUST THE PROCESS if it even works for another 5-6 years and pay higher ticket prices for this type of yin- yang Jekyll & Hyde style enertainment ? Oh and by the way the Bruins aren't hoping an almost entire rookie coaching staff can take them to the promised land.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00