Post-Game Talk: Habs lose first of back-to-back against Calgary. No excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Why does it matter what I say? It’s the best way to build a team. Don’t worry about me. Worry about how shit the habs are
My way is better than yours 7days a week
Tear this down. It’s not working. You want Insta fix
Gap fillers. Hasn’t worked. Won’t work.
Fire Bergevin and Timmins. Bring in people who can draft and evaluate properly
I'd rather develop the prospects we have. Some of us believe in them.

It makes no sense to jettison everything when we've already got a good core of prospects to build with now. TT, Anderson and Gallagher will help bring those players along.

Leave the forwards as is. Price isn't going anywhere even if we wanted him to.

Fix the D. The team will be much, much better just by doing that. Then it will improve in the coming years with Suzuki, KK, CC and Romanov leading the way.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

It makes no sense to jettison everything when we've already got a good core of prospects to build with now. TT, Anderson and Gallagher will help bring those players along.

Fix the D. The team will be much, much better just by doing that. Then it will improve in the coming years with Suzuki, KK, CC and Romanov leading the way.
The d can’t be fixed in one or 2 years. D takes a longer time to develop. The habs are gonna be almost dead last in the Atlantic regardless next year
Ottawa will be better. We will fight it out with Detroit and Buffalo for the basement.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The d can’t be fixed in one or 2 years. D takes a longer time to develop.
I'm not suggesting we trade for draft picks to develop the D. I'm suggesting we get guys who are good now. Dougie Hamilton is a nice place to start. Trading Weber for OEL is another option. Then we'd have Petry and Romanov. That would be a solid blueline group and we have more prospects on the way up who we wouldn't have to rush to the NHL. If you don't get OEL or Hamilton, try another route. There are always trades available. We have to stop going out and getting band-aids for the back end.

Fix the D and Price's numbers will go up. Our forwards will score more. Our prospects will develop quicker.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I'm not suggesting we trade for draft picks to develop the D. I'm suggesting we get guys who are good now. Dougie Hamilton is a nice place to start. Trading Weber for OEL is another option. Then we'd have Petry and Romanov. That would be a solid blueline group and we have more prospects on the way up who we wouldn't have to rush to the NHL. If you don't get OEL, try another route. There are always trades available. We have to stop going out and getting band-aids for the back end.

Fix the D and Price's numbers will go up. Our forwards will score more. Our prospects will develop quicker.
Sorry to tell you , price is damage goods. Don’t blame the d for prices problems. Canucks have a horrendous d and both goalies have better SV %
Fix the d?? How ?? No one is trading you a top d man. You’ll get more edmundsons

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I see CGY has been studying McDavid game tape.

That is their gameplan, full of obstruction, holding and interference to slowdown their opponent. It'ssss so boring and the refs werent calling anything. This one just end up hitting danault in the face with his elbow instead of holding him by the chest.
I dream of a day where this is a 1match suspension. Still an elbow to the face even tho Danault wasnt hurt.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Sorry to tell you , price is damage goods. Don’t blame the d for prices problems. Canucks have a horrendous d and both goalies have better SV %
Fix the d?? How ?? No one is trading you a top d man. You’ll get more edmundsons
I just gave you two blueliners we can go after.

As for Price, it's been done to death. You are just flat out wrong there. You complain about how terrible this team is and yet Price has managed to get us to within striking distance of a playoff spot the past two seasons. He's the only reason we didn't finish dead last both those years.

Which once again underscores how badly this team has been run. We give him a huge deal then put crap in front of him. He's good enough to stop us from getting top picks but not good enough to get us to the playoffs.

I will NOT accept the idea that we can't get a blueliner or a center or whatever. That is total BS. I'm tired of hearing that trades are hard. It's horseshit. You may have to pay to get the player you want but that's how trades work.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Nobody was really impressive last night. Hard to understand the lack of urgency playing the Flames as opposed playing the Leafs or Oilers.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

As for Price, it's been done to death. You are just flat out wrong there. You complain about how terrible this team is and yet Price has managed to get us to within striking distance of a playoff spot the past two seasons. He's the only reason we didn't finish dead last both those years.

Which once again underscores how badly this team has been run. We give him a huge deal then put crap in front of him. He's good enough to stop us from getting top picks but not good enough to get us to the playoffs.

I will NOT accept the idea that we can't get a blueliner or a center or whatever. That is total BS. I'm tired of hearing that trades are hard. It's horseshit. You may have to pay to get the player you want but that's how trades work.
OEL said Vancouver or Boston. Last summer. Plus what huge premium do you wanna add to get him?
they wanted demko. Canucks said no. So you wanna give up Caufield ?? No thx. Hamilton is not signing in Canada let alone Montreal. And check my posts. I love price. Been a great Hab. Maybe the best goalie we’ve had but he’s was wasted

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
OEL said Vancouver or Boston. Last summer. Plus what huge premium do you wanna add to get him?
None. Phoenix is having trouble paying its bills. Weber is going to be paid 1 million in real dollars vs the 8 that they'll owe Larsson. They'd probably take that deal right now. As for OEL, it's absolutely true he might not come here. But the alternative would be staying there... he might now want to do that either. It's an option we should pursue. Just like we should pursue Hamilton. Will we get him? Maybe not. But try. And if you don't get either one. Try something else.

Do not tell me we can't make trades. That is bullshit and I won't listen to it. I've heard that excuse for eight years now.
they wanted demko. Canucks said no. So you wanna give up Caufield ?? No thx. Hamilton is not signing in Canada let alone Montreal
Don't care. Try. If you don't get him move on. And if a team demands CC for something, say no thanks and try somewhere else. You can get players without having to give up Caufield. Trades happen all the time without him being involved.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010

good post, if we get some young fast puck moving d it would be a huge help. Sure they are going to make mistakes but it’s better than having not mobile d men make the same mistakes, but in hockey there is a myth that 6’4 D men with beards are defensively responsible especially if they can’t skate. Being Canadiandoesnt hurt to perpetuate those myths as well

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
None. Phoenix is having trouble paying its bills. Weber is going to be paid 1 million in real dollars vs the 8 that they'll owe Larsson. They'd probably take that deal right now. As for OEL, it's absolutely true he might not come here. But the alternative would be staying there...

First of all, no they wouldn't take that trade.

Secondly how did you arrive at the bizarre conclusion that OEL's only options are to accept a trade to Montreal or to remain in Phoenix?

Couldn't he also accept a trade to an of the other thirty clubs that could trade for him?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
They already tried to move OEL. They want to get out from under that contract. Weber makes perfect sense for them. They'd shave about 7 million dollars making that deal.

YES they'd make the trade.

https://lastwodonsports.com/hockey/2020/09/25/arizona-coyotes-financial-issues-are-concerning/

The big question is whether or not OEL would come here. Last time he only allowed for two teams. Neither was willing to take on that big cap hit. We could though if Weber goes the other way.
Secondly how did you arrive at the bizarre conclusion that OEL's only options are to accept a trade to Montreal or to remain in Phoenix?
Both the teams that he allowed a trade to, weren't willing to take him on. What I'm saying is that right now he's with the Coyotes. If we came to them with a deal that they'd be willing to accept, then the choice would be on OEL to decide whether to stay there or join us.

Obviously, he could open it up to more teams if he wanted to. But how many clubs are going to take that cap hit?
Couldn't he also accept a trade to an of the other thirty clubs that could trade for him?
Of course he could. But the team wants to shed his salary in full. There aren't many teams that can (or would even be willing) to do that.

Also, this is a risk for us too. He makes a lot of dough and he's 28. Nice thing is though that the contract takes him to 35 vs the 41 that Weber's goes to. Plus he plays on the left side where we desperately need help. His numbers have declined but he's on a brutal team. I think he'd improve here and I'd be willing to take that risk, esp since it means we get out from under the Weber deal.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

Cuz apparently so many players with NMC will waive for Montreal.... silly thinking

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The Danault line is no place for Anderson's talent............that line got pinned all night, and 5Mil Phil was -2 for his lack of efforts.....give him a couple of checking wingers...Tatar and Anderson are being wasted...the line was not good last night.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
The good news is that even though the Habs D is slow as molasses at the moment, at least we have a ton of good mobile D coming up through the system at the moment..

(Romanov)
Guhle
Harris
Struble
Norlinder
Brook
Fairbrother

It obviously won’t pay dividends next season, but it wouldn’t hurt to be bad next season and the one after that to pick high in the ‘22 and ‘23 drafts.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

We have yet to replace Markov................4 freaking years...and the left side of the D has horrendous add ons...
Every team needs 2-3 PMD's
We have one.....

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The good news is that even though the Habs D is slow as molasses at the moment, at least we have a ton of good mobile D coming up through the system at the moment..

(Romanov)
Guhle
Harris
Struble
Norlinder
Brook
Fairbrother
But our organization and coaches are so slow to react to the young kids help, it will take years to get these kids in the lineup....years.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Cuz apparently so many players with NMC will waive for Montreal.... silly thinking
Again, this kind of "we can't do anything" horseshit doesn't fly.

If OEL wants to turn us down, no problem... move on. But try. Be creative. Don't sit there saying nothing can be done and trades are hard. I've listened to that nonsense for too long.

I listened to it when we said we couldn't get a center and I heard how we had nothing to trade with (all while playing Chuck on the 3rd line wing.)

I heard it later on while we had 10 million in free f***ing cap space for two or three years while icing garbage on the ice.

And I'm hearing it now. Again.

"They're not available" "We have nothing to trade with" "Trades are hard" "If you want loyalty buy a dog..."

Horseshit. Get creative. Do your f***ing job or get the f*** out. There's NO excuse for just leaving gaping holes in the lineup the way we have. NONE!

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
But notice how the media is not saying anything about it? They are turning it into a warm and fuzzy situation, Caufield is learning from the guys how to be a pro, we see clips of him scoring in practice but yet the real team struggles to score in games. This Bergevin era has to be getting close to what Leaf fans went through with Harold Ballard, it's so weird.

I have no problem saying it's getting close to the Houle era. Houle had his defense army up until the very end too. What was funny is day -1 of Houle being fired the RDS forum was full of "Houle is not that bad he did good things it's not his fault Baron was injured" then day +1 of Houle being fired the RDS forum was full of "Houle is bad the Turgeon trade was awful".

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We have yet to replace Markov................4 freaking years...and the left side of the D has horrendous add ons...
Every team needs 2-3 PMD's
We have one.....
Very true, one on each pair is a necessity in today's game, you need that extra element to an attack because there will be nights when it is the only thing that works.

Reactions: BLONG7

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
But our organization and coaches are so slow to react to the young kids help, it will take years to get these kids in the lineup....years.

That's fine. We need to suck the next few years. If in 5 years we have these young players all contributing, plus KK and Suzuki and Poehling all between 25-27, plus Primeau who would be 26, plus Caufield and Ylonen (who'll be 25 and 26) and a few of our draft picks in the next 3 years (especially if they're high picks) on the team, plus a few good vets (Gallagher and Anderson) that will be a decent start.

Get Bouchard on board right away to get this team ready to compete in 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad