Post-Game Talk: Habs lose again to the Jets

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Taped the game and watched it. Allen was not "good", I have no clue what game some of you were watching. I guess you're literally looking to shit on Price for all the team's problems. The first goal was a stinker comparable to that Matthews PP goal a few games ago, except this wasn't the best goal scorer in the league being given the entire zone to take a shot, and the team played amazing defense the entire game. I honestly didn't see more than 2 or 3 "dangerous" chances for the Jets. Even with current Price in net it would have been a low scoring game. We were more than double the scoring chances and over double the shots.

There's no reason this game should have been a loss.

That being said, we are completely exposed for our lack of elite talent now. We have no forwards who simply "get it done". The "Finnish" line is such a stupid idea. Switch KK and Danault. Danault's best play of the game was when he lost the puck and Petry grabbed it and set up a scoring chance. KK should be playing sheltered offensive minutes with top wingers, not playing with two defense-first guys. Danault the opposite.

I'd shit on the defense but they did a great job at limiting chances and creating breakouts out of the Jets defensive lapses.
Forwards = Boo
Goalie = Boo
Defense = Kind of yay.

Reactions: Miller Time

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Good luck to whoever takes over for Bergevin with some of these contracts.

Beside Price, i dont see any negative value contract. I hate Gally's contract from the get go but i dont think he's at the point that you cant get anything for him on the market, Weber's contract if you look at the structure it wont be a problem moving him to a club that wants to play underneath the cap floor.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Time team is going no where with KK and dan0 as our centres. Time to play poehling and pray that he’s the 4 goal poehling and not the bust phoeling

if KK and dan0goals combined into 1 player. He be a average 4th line centre. That’s how bad these 2 are. One is terrible offensively. The other is crap in the dzone
foK.gif

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-28_9-28-17.jpeg
    upload_2021-2-28_9-28-17.jpeg
    3.5 KB · Views: 3

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
That is embarrassing. Find a new coach ASAP. Someone who takes the job seriously.
Playing our best defensive players against such a good offensive team may have worked but it didn’t. I agree with playing offensive players vs offensive players in OT but this is anything but in the coach. It’s in Bergevin for not finding the skilled guys we need. Sure we have a GREAT team 5v5 but 3v3 we are not built for.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
The positive was KK and Suzuki and Romanov all had good games.

But still not good enough for the coaching staff to not rely on garbage ass Danault.

It's funny because he's been atrocious defensively too.
I thought it was Romanov’s best game yet. He was physical, closed the gap, showed vision with the puck and walked the blue several times in order to take a dangerous point shot. He also showed impressive straight line speed when he largely matched Ehlers in race up the ice. This kid , if he continues to progress, will be a mainstay on our blue line for the next decade. Very, very encouraging.
The structure is back. They moved up and down the ice as 1 unit. Finally because we haven't seen it in a while. Back to using to bumper and across ice pass to the far defenseman for the break out is also good to see. Lord how many attempted shot did Chiarot have? Had to be at least 10. I feel he had a better game which is good to see.
The OT was a mess and hopefully a learning experience for DD. This lost is on him but lets not ignore the fact that this is the best game the Habs have played in the last 10 in my opinion.
Frankly, while the result was not great, it was one of the best games the team played this year. If they play like this on a continuing basis they will be competitive most nights. Substitute Anderson for Perry, and we win last night.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Drouin, Evans, Petry

KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Drouin, Byron, Petry

KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Drouin, Tatar, Evans

KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Drouin, Gallagher, Petry

KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Drouin, Toffoli, Evans

KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Repeat

At this point I'd bench Perry and go 11 F, 7D.

And make sure to play Mete 3 on 3.
Boy that doesn't scream "competitiveness"...proves the point that the Habs have a very average team talent wise and when your 10.5 million dollar guy struggles the warts show themselves.

Habs played a hard game last night but have no finishers.

How many of the 41 shots were true scoring chances?

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Yea, that will turn around 5 years of losing . A better 3 0n 3 combo.

Leafs fourth line center Jason Spezza has scored more goals than every center on the Habs.

Patience guys. Bergevin is only entering his second decade after all.
There is a ten year old center out there progressing nicely. Patience.

Thanks for the updates. Watched great movie last night. Kevin Costner and Diane Lane. "Let Him Go"
That was an excellent movie.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Taped the game and watched it. Allen was not "good", I have no clue what game some of you were watching. I guess you're literally looking to shit on Price for all the team's problems. The first goal was a stinker comparable to that Matthews PP goal a few games ago, except this wasn't the best goal scorer in the league being given the entire zone to take a shot, and the team played amazing defense the entire game. I honestly didn't see more than 2 or 3 "dangerous" chances for the Jets. Even with current Price in net it would have been a low scoring game. We were more than double the scoring chances and over double the shots.

There's no reason this game should have been a loss.

That being said, we are completely exposed for our lack of elite talent now. We have no forwards who simply "get it done". The "Finnish" line is such a stupid idea. Switch KK and Danault. Danault's best play of the game was when he lost the puck and Petry grabbed it and set up a scoring chance. KK should be playing sheltered offensive minutes with top wingers, not playing with two defense-first guys. Danault the opposite.

I'd shit on the defense but they did a great job at limiting chances and creating breakouts out of the Jets defensive lapses.
Forwards = Boo
Goalie = Boo
Defense = Kind of yay.
Dude maybe before you watch the game you let the meth wear off. Allen was terrific, this game doesn't get to OT if Price is in net.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Ok I have calmed down after a good night of sleep.

Still mad that we try to protect the tie in OT with f***ing Danault and Armia. With the way Ducharme explained, he basically said we were shorthanded at 3 on 3.

Maybe it was a message towards the GM that we have no fire power and no talent and it shows in a 3 on 3 situation.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Trade the outgoing chumps for futures ASAP FFS.

This middle of the road approach will lead us nowhere.
Should we make the playoffs, should we get through round one, in the impossibility that we leave our division, I don't see anyone in the north(except winnipeg) built for a playoff run against non north teams.

This just in at the SN desk: Matthews fridge has some cheese that is extra blue, may be the best Blue Cheese in the league.

Sorry for that interruption but I am sure it was important. As I was saying, I don't see any of the teams in the north built well enough for Boston, Philly, Washington, TB, Col, or Vegas. I expect one of those teams in the finals.

TSN super sports desk, we have scooped SN with an update on the Blue Cheese in Matthew fridge. It appears to have made all the food in the deli drawer even tastier. Even the Mortadella could be considered fine fair at this point!! Could go on to surpass the Prosciutto di Parma. Leafs backup Campbell had a shutout in a 4-0 game, perhaps another superstar on the rise? We have a full 3 hour special at 4:00 PM to cover the 3 games he has played and his 1.33 GAA on the year. Also a dozen or so other teams played yesterday as well. Stay tuned for our 7:00 to 7:02 coverage for full league wide highlights and coverage.

Not sure why my post keeps getting interrupted. I think there is a bit too much naval gazing at TSN and SN with regards to canadian teams. But honestly it doesn't feel much different than what crosby use to get. Can you imagine Crosby playing in TO? So the fact the networks are so focused on a few small things the fact the north is terrible is slipping through. A lot of glass cannon teams.

SN desk has a report about the glass that Marner uses is made from regular silica. However the gold rim is not in fact gold, it is only painted on. The low level of toxicity in these paints have not appeared to diminished his high level of intense determination. We have a 5 hour special on Leaf Drinking wares and your best choices for your own Leaf inspired bar. Sneak preview, don't use ebay pewter tankards, Rogers brand pewter tankards have less pewter toxic materials, and even Rogers brand glass tankards for the kids. Each order of 34(00) dollars we will throw in a commemorative jersey signed by Ted Rogers. And if you act now ....

images

Last edited:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
On my way to work and laughing my butt at all the @oldcraig mentions. He's in for quite a notification surprise!
Good the board is having 'fun' amid the sh*t times we are going through. Goes to show that people(myself included) gave up on expectations.
Had some killer GDT when habs have been at their worst. Best to make light of it because we are stuck with what we have. Its a coping mechanism. Last year with those 8 game losing streaks it was all we could do to be entertained.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Ok I have calmed down after a good night of sleep.

Still mad that we try to protect the tie in OT with f***ing Danault and Armia. With the way Ducharme explained, he basically said we were shorthanded at 3 on 3.

Maybe it was a message towards the GM that we have no fire power and no talent and it shows in a 3 on 3 situation.
Yeah, it was basically- “Suzuki was tired. What choice did I have?”

I think putting out a 3rd line winger was a mistake, even tho Armia played a good game. Why go to winger #5 on the depth chart?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, it was basically- “Suzuki was tired. What choice did I have?”

I think putting out a 3rd line winger was a mistake, even tho Armia played a good game. Why go to winger #5 on the depth chart?

Armia's good on the wall, but man was that ever weak coverage in the open ice.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Boy that doesn't scream "competitiveness"...proves the point that the Habs have a very average team talent wise and when your 10.5 million dollar guy struggles the warts show themselves.

Habs played a hard game last night but have no finishers.

How many of the 41 shots were true scoring chances?

Well, it doesn't help that KK and Drouin don't shoot.

KK worked himself into a perfect slot position for a shot and passed back to Petry, who didn't have options.

Drouin was set up for a perfect one timer by Suzuki and passed off to Chiarot who drove into the slot. Drouin needed to shoot there.

Those should have been 2 great scoring opportunities.

Then there's the guys who get quality chances and miss, like Tatar.

Hellebucyk made some great saves, the glove save on KK during PP, Gallagher's one timer from his off-wing -- twice, a fantastic tip by Toffoli. We had them. Hellebucyk was on his game.

He had tougher saves to make than Allen. Another goalie and we win this 4-1.

Reactions: Garnet76

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Lord how many attempted shot did Chiarot have? Had to be at least 10. I feel he had a better game which is good to see.

Definitely a more cohesive game, where the team found their speed and battle again. Helly was very good in net though

Not sure I agree with you on Chariot. Maybe my dislike of him lately has me focusing on the negative things he does, but aside from his shot attempts I thought he was bad. Bad give aways, poor breakout passes and brutal when trying to skate the puck out of his zone.

Chariot has a cannon of a shot and clears the crease well, but doesn’t bring much else for me.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Armia's good on the wall, but man was that ever weak coverage in the open ice.
It was bizarre. Armia even shoulder checked and saw the guy coming. It’s not like he was surprised by the trailer or didn’t have time to react.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
At least with Clod you would wake up and have a hope that he'd get fired and thing would change. Now that hope is gone. Now you only wake up with that futile feeling that this is another season to write off.

Reactions: Habs178

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad