Post-Game Talk: Habs lose again to the Jets

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
On my way to work and laughing my butt at all the @oldcraig mentions. He's in for quite a notification surprise!
Good the board is having 'fun' amid the sh*t times we are going through. Goes to show that people(myself included) gave up on expectations.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
LOL, are you seriously blaming Allen for this loss? The guy was fantastic tonight. As he has been all season. Just LOL. Cannot believe you would blame Allen at all for this.

No I wasn’t blaming Allen if you read the rest of the conversation. I was making a point. And if I was blaming Allen who are you to talk? You’ve been going on rampages all season over Price. If a puck beats Price seven hole in OT like that, you would’ve been on here making 50 posts about how your gut told you he was going to give up the next one. The hypocrisy among some fans is insane. And before you try to counter with the contract, Allen’s a $5 million dollar back up. “I EXPECT A $5 MILLION DOLLAR BACKUP TO MAKE THAT SAVE!!!!!’”

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
iphone-pKTC.png

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
What 3 on 3 combos do any of you have in mind?

Curious because we don't have any top line players, only Petry, Kulak and Romanov on D can skate well enough and on offense I can't think of any combo that would rival Winnipeg.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
LOL @ Danault and Armia on 3v3 . We have so many potential other combinations we can use but let's use one of our worst

Also I keep laughing every game knowing Danault turned down 5+ million a year lol
And was to insulted to make a counter offer

Reactions: Runner77

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Time to move on from Weber

All he does: Cross-checking, slashing, hooking and so forth

The league has evolved and he hasn't.

Way too slow for today's game

Keeping him out of respect for the guy would cost us 7,8M$ for the next 5 years

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Curious because we don't have any top line players, only Petry, Kulak and Romanov on D can skate well enough and on offense I can't think of any combo that would rival Winnipeg.

Suzuki - Tatar
Petry

Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Romanov

Drouin - Gallagher
Kulak

Evans-Toffoli

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Jets, Laffs and Oil are a lock for the playoffs. That leaves the 4th spot open. Price has cost the team 3 wins so far. I'm f***ing sick of excuses for 10.5 mill price. And yes, the Price contract is going to cost Bergy his job. And it should.
Don’t sell the Senators short. They have quietly assembled one of the fastest teams in the league. And if you can skate, anything is possible.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Drouin, Evans, Petry

KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Drouin, Byron, Petry

KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Drouin, Tatar, Evans

KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Drouin, Gallagher, Petry

KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Drouin, Toffoli, Evans

KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Repeat

At this point I'd bench Perry and go 11 F, 7D.

And make sure to play Mete 3 on 3.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
So what Ducharme strategy is on OT....is to take possession of the puck.....fatigue the other side by somehow keeping the puck...and BOOM counterattack with top forwards to take advantage of their fatigue forwards....

Now in the REAL world.....
Yeah, TBH, that is EXACTLY why smart, young coaches lost their jobs in the NHL in the past. Trying to outsmart everybody. Huge rookie mistake, that will have players on the bench scratch their heads. They have three offensive players out there, DO THE SAME. Ça prend pas un diplôme universitaire en physique nucléaire pour comprendre ça.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Don’t sell the Senators short. They have quietly assembled one of the fastest teams in the league. And if you can skate, anything is possible.
I agree. But Hens will come short. They don't care, which is dangerous.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
And in the same breath Danault will shred that percentage down to 0.75% with his scoring touch in the last 50 games.....what’s the point of winning it if you can’t finish??

I’d rather put Suzuki on the ice who wins a lot less faceoffs but scores way more goals.

Tell me what you think about them apples

:popcorn:

We need to do 2 things:

One, have better face-off plays for losing the draw until we get better at it.

Two, teach our wingers how to better help win the face-off. KK won 2 draws that ended up being Jets win because their wingers got to the puck first and put it back to their D. That's ridiculous.

It's not all on the centers. Wingers have to help and they're not. No team wins clean every time.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
On the other hand... if the Habs continue to play like they did through most of last night, they'll win most of their games. Very good possession in two of three periods, some quality chances, improved offensive system. The downfall -- as usual -- happens the moment it's not 5-on-5.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Drouin, Evans, Petry

KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Drouin, Byron, Petry

KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Drouin, Tatar, Evans

KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Drouin, Gallagher, Petry

KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Drouin, Toffoli, Evans

KK, Suzuki, Romanov

Repeat

At this point I'd bench Perry and go 11 F, 7D.

And make sure to play Mete 3 on 3.

Plenty of options and many more once Anderson is considered healthy enough to play but, no real options where we don't need to fight to get the puck back almost all the time.

Montreal sucks on the draw, period.

I would go a different way, personally. KK doesn't get 3 on 3 time because he's not confident enough yet for that role, IMO.

Three to start on the ice would be Suzuki - Danault - Anderson.

We try to win the draw and get the puck to Suzuki. On the fly while Anderson carries the puck at full speed into the O-zone off a Suzuki cross-ice pass, Petry or Romanov switch in for Danault.

So, Suzuki - Danault - Anderson morphing into either Romanov - Suzuki - Anderson or Petry - Suzuki - Anderson.

With two forwards, one D, those are the two best options. Speed and size that can cut to the net and shoot in Anderson, Hockey IQ, playmaking skill and a good shot in Suzuki and, speed, shot and D in Petry or Romanov.

I like Drouin for his speed and offensive skill but I always worry he will have a brain fart and turnover the puck. Turnovers at 3 on 3 aren't the tasty desert type.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
We need to do 2 things:

One, have better face-off plays for losing the draw until we get better at it.

Two, teach our wingers how to better help win the face-off. KK won 2 draws that ended up being Jets win because their wingers got to the puck first and put it back to their D. That's ridiculous.

It's not all on the centers. Wingers have to help and they're not. No team wins clean every time.
They are suppose to support. D men can creep in as well to get to loose pucks that sits near the top of the circle. AKA fighting for possession . Too passive most of the time

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yea, that will turn around 5 years of losing . A better 3 0n 3 combo.

Leafs fourth line center Jason Spezza has scored more goals than every center on the Habs.

Patience guys. Bergevin is only entering his second decade after all.
There is a ten year old center out there progressing nicely. Patience.

Thanks for the updates. Watched great movie last night. Kevin Costner and Diane Lane. "Let Him Go"

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Danault and Armia starting at 3 vs 3 in overtime? Ducharme wanted to protect the tie.

Can't lose if the other team can't score.

200.gif
Wants to make it to the shootout. Maybe he could then have called Mete down from the pressbox, Kulak, with Danault to start it all off. Playing the odds that maybe one of our zero goal guys might finally score.

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
The structure is back. They moved up and down the ice as 1 unit. Finally because we haven't seen it in a while. Back to using to bumper and across ice pass to the far defenseman for the break out is also good to see. Lord how many attempted shot did Chiarot have? Had to be at least 10. I feel he had a better game which is good to see.
The OT was a mess and hopefully a learning experience for DD. This lost is on him but lets not ignore the fact that this is the best game the Habs have played in the last 10 in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad