Post-Game Talk: Habs lose again in OT

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
+ Anderson and + Caufield would bring some much-needed skill to the lineup.

Caufield - KK - Anderson could be a pretty good line

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I enjoy watching 3 on 3 ... Perhaps I'm in favor of it because it puts a little more pressure on GM's to add skill to their rosters. Not a bad thing, imo...

I would prefer watching reduced rosters than PKs in soccer as well...
But you're not taking out "PKs" in hockey so why would you in soccer?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
If it's make the playoffs or else for MB, wouldn't missing out be for the greater good?

Draft is incredibly weak this year.

With our kind of luck, we miss the playoffs in this shitty division in a bad draft year only to have a resurgence in the normal division next year and finish 8th or 9th in the conference in a really great draft year.

Molson needs to learn when to fold.

Reactions: Rapala

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Not sure Bergevin will want to wait 2 weeks before seeing Ekholm in the lineup, he's desperate to make the playoffs, his job is on the line. (Ekholm would be great, though)

If there's a trade, I think we may be looking at Canadian teams more than anything else since there wouldn't be any quarantine needed.

We need to bolster our D and the North div is the last place you'll look to bolster your D

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
There's no way he survives if we miss. Zero percent chance.

If we eek our way in he still might get canned but I suspect it would be good enough for o'l Geoff.

Btw, can anyone fire the owner?

His partners, including his two brothers, could ask him to step down. Wouldn't mind Andrew taking his place, seems smarter than Geoff or hire a true hockey president ffs

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Habs have now 6 lost in OT/SO......that's more than any other team in the NHL.
Might need to work on the 3-0n-3 and shoutoot.
Having said that, our point put us 2 points behind Edmonton with 3 games in hand.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
He's paid 13 mil next season and less than 10.5 in the years after that.

Majority is signing bonus anyway. We can trade him after July 1st and pay the bonus.

The problem is finding anyone who wants him given his play. The financials can be managed I think.

Is Molson really going to just eat $11 million dollars and get nothing of value in return? I somehow doubt that.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Is there even a point to watching next game is Danault is still in the top 6 and KK still on the 3rd line.. with Webrot still paired together?
No. I'll take a break after next game. West coast game times suck, and this team also sucks. I'll pass and see where we're at further down the road.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Still laughing about the dude who said the teams would be better if guys like Byron would bring their a-game.

yeah, Paul Byron. My god, this team has been so deprived of talent that we think Paul Byron would be a difference maker on this club.

then there was that other dude who said that MB should just trade Armia, Frolik and Mete as though these players actually have value.

we are such in denial about the lack of top end skill in the lineup.

we must be one of the few teams in the league without actual high end offensive talent, right there with NJ and Phoenix.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Is there even a point to watching next game is Danault is still in the top 6 and KK still on the 3rd line.. with Webrot still paired together?

For the lulz?

While I’m not a fan of Weber and Chiarot together, still mind boggling why the holy F both played in OT. Thankfully not together, but if they insist on putting D out there, Petry and Romanov are my guys. Heck, I’d even put Kulak if I had to, but I’d rather put Byron as the defensively responsible person if I was playing for the shootout :sarcasm:

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
For the lulz?

While I’m not a fan of Weber and Chiarot together, still mind boggling why the holy F both played in OT. Thankfully not together, but if they insist on putting D out there, Petry and Romanov are my guys. Heck, I’d even put Kulak if I had to, but I’d rather put Byron as the defensively responsible person if I was playing for the shootout :sarcasm:
I god damn hope the coaching staff realizes once and for all Chiarot, Weber and Edmundson should never (unless special teams) be on the ice in OT. NEVER. EVER. EVER. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

The only explanation is they are in denial of how bad Chiarot and Weber are. They have to be hoping both players snap out of it, but snap out of what? They're too f***ing slow.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Nobody has the balls to move those two lamp posts on the top d-pairing down, I'm not surprised how badly Chariot is playing but I didn't expect Weber to drop to the completely useless level.oof this is getting as ugly as last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad