Habs lose again 4-3 Flyers

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Really, after the whole road trip fiasco and winning 3 games in the last I don't know how much? I'm freaking surprised and even more disappointed.

3 in 15. 6 points out of 30. And until they can extend a winning streak beyond a single game, absolutely no reason to come out flat, after the terrible month they've just had.
Worst thing is, I can already hear the "first home game after a long road trip" excuse when we'll lose tonight.

Enough is enough. At one point, if losing all but 3 games in a month can't get you motivated, I don't know what will.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Unbelievable that nothing has transpired out of this awful streak. How about someone does their ****ing job to try and right this ship instead of just throwing the same **** at the wall hoping to come out of this disgusting streak of failure.

This entire thing has incompetence written all over it. If MB doesn't have the stones to shake things up with a big trade or firing, then he can join the unemployment line with MT once this team misses the playoffs because a group of stubborn ****** refused to to whats best for the team .
Agreed, MB and MT are either part of the problem, or part of the solution...
MB's new nickname, will be no stones...snappy dresser though.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
3 in 15. 6 points out of 30. And until they can extend a winning streak beyond a single game, absolutely no reason to come out flat, after the terrible month they've just had.
Worst thing is, I can already hear the "first home game after a long road trip" excuse when we'll lose tonight.

Enough is enough. At one point, if losing all but 3 games in a month can't get you motivated, I don't know what will.

Totally agree with you, and I hope the bolded won't be needed tonight.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Come on, that reporting came from... well, a big big lug.
As for being plucked out of some studio chair, I still prefer my theory of family reasons to explain why he didn't have a job. I'm not sure fired NHL coaches still get their paycheck if they coach... like... anywhere else.

Sure, the guy who reported it is a loud mouth but he was also a bus driver for junior teams and no one in Therrien's camp has denied that the incidents occurred.

As for his family situation and what anyone may know about him personally, well there are rules on this board about that. You may well have a theory and it may well be founded, but until we have a source, I suppose we all have theories.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Unbelievable that nothing has transpired out of this awful streak. How about someone does their ****ing job to try and right this ship instead of just throwing the same **** at the wall hoping to come out of this disgusting streak of failure.

This entire thing has incompetence written all over it. If MB doesn't have the stones to shake things up with a big trade or firing, then he can join the unemployment line with MT once this team misses the playoffs because a group of stubborn ****** refused to to whats best for the team .

If they lose tonight, can we expect you to make another call to the post-game show?

wxemd.jpg

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Sure, the guy who reported it is a loud mouth but he was also a bus driver for junior teams and no one in Therrien's camp has denied that the incidents occurred.

As for his family situation and what anyone may know about him personally, well there are rules on this board about that. You may well have a theory and it may well be founded, but until we have a source, I suppose we all have theories.

Michel Therrien has two kids, a son and a daughter. That he raised mostly alone because his ex was... Well, she was more obsessive-compulsive towards him than even his worst critic around here, and that's putting it mildly. There is probably quite a lot of easily obtainable info about it. Therrien was also in a relationship for a while when he was in Wilkes-Barre/Pittsburgh, which could make things easier at home with teenagers. That fact is also easily verifiable, considering his partner became somewhat well-known, mostly due to well-publicized judicial proceedings that had absolutely nothing to do with Therrien (if anything, it had more to do with Andre Arthur, even if I don't remember Arthur to have been involved directly...). That is the extent of what I'm sure of.

Moving around mid-to-late-teens for the job is fine... But not everywhere, if they have needs (which is something I'm totally not aware of). Also, considering Michel's age at that point, his parents are probably a bit old for, well, parenting, if they're still alive that is.

All I meant is that I wouldn't read anything into Therrien's inactivity between Pittsburgh and Montreal's stint.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
If they lose tonight, can we expect you to make another call to the post-game show?

wxemd.jpg

A string of events has to line up perfectly before I call the post game show

1. Actually have to draw up the desire to watch the game
2. Have to get incredibly frustrated with the disgusting effort right off the opening faceoff
3. Have to have at least 1 double whiskey and coke before the end of the 1st
4. Have to get riled up and pissed off with the DD icetime stats in the GDT
5. Therrien has to say some total mindless garbage in the post game presser
6. Wife has to be upstairs and in bed, so as to not hear the ensuing rage
7. Have to be drunk enough by the end of the game to have the rage and audacity to call the hotline, yet not be too drunk to not be able filter out some awful thoughts

If all 7 of those thing happen, then a call to the post game show is a very real possibility.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Michel Therrien has two kids, a son and a daughter. That he raised mostly alone because his ex was... Well, she was more obsessive-compulsive towards him than even his worst critic around here, and that's putting it mildly. There is probably quite a lot of easily obtainable info about it. Therrien was also in a relationship for a while when he was in Wilkes-Barre/Pittsburgh, which could make things easier at home with teenagers. That fact is also easily verifiable, considering his partner became somewhat well-known, mostly due to well-publicized judicial proceedings that had absolutely nothing to do with Therrien (if anything, it had more to do with Andre Arthur, even if I don't remember Arthur to have been involved directly...). That is the extent of what I'm sure of.

Moving around mid-to-late-teens for the job is fine... But not everywhere, if they have needs (which is something I'm totally not aware of). Also, considering Michel's age at that point, his parents are probably a bit old for, well, parenting, if they're still alive that is.

All I meant is that I wouldn't read anything into Therrien's inactivity between Pittsburgh and Montreal's stint.

Fair enough, I don't know how much of Therrien's personal challenges are of public record. Also, I prefer not to comment on anything that involves judicial proceedings for obvious reasons. Thanks for taking the time to expound.

Back to Therrien the coach and not the individual personally, and how the team is responding to him -- is there anything positive from yesterday's game, that shows Therrien is still in control of the situation?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

2. Have to get incredibly frustrated with the disgusting effort right off the opening faceoff
7. Have to be drunk enough by the end of the game to have the rage and audacity to call the hotline, yet not be too drunk to not be able filter out some awful thoughts

If all 7 of those thing happen, then a call to the post game show is a very real possibility.

I had no idea those calls were the result of such a host of pre-conditions.

And here we all are thinking that passionate calls from the heart, like the one you made, was a spur of the moment decision, like the classic "I'm mad as hell and I can't take it anymore."

Must say, however, how much I enjoyed your on air comment about how DD is really Therrien's son. An unforgettable moment.

As far as those 7 pre-conditions realizing themselves, I like our chances. :sarcasm:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Back to Therrien the coach and not the individual personally, and how the team is responding to him -- is there anything positive from yesterday's game, that shows Therrien is still in control of the situation?

No..

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri

cool - good chance of all these things happening tonight :laugh:

that last call was hilarious, love how you wrapped up with Price is God

just keep saying DD is Therriens son i could listen to 20 minutes of that on 690

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
As I see it, the main problem is the poor play of the Dmen.

*I hate to say it, but Markov is over the hill. Not only has his scoring fallen into a trough, but he's no longer reliable defensively.
*Subban presents another problem. He's about the same defensively and he gets some assists but he's stopped scoring goals.
*Pateryn's play has deteriorated.
*Beaulieu began to show offensive prowess but now he's stalled.
*Emelin has been disappointing all along.
*Tinordi is almost hopeless.
*Gilbert is mediocre at best.
*Petry can't do it alone.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
As I see it, the main problem is the poor play of the Dmen.

*I hate to say it, but Markov is over the hill. Not only has his scoring fallen into a trough, but he's no longer reliable defensively.
*Subban presents another problem. He's about the same defensively and he gets some assists but he's stopped scoring goals.
*Pateryn's play has deteriorated.
*Beaulieu began to show offensive prowess but now he's stalled.
*Emelin has been disappointing all along.
*Tinordi is almost hopeless.
*Gilbert is mediocre at best.
*Petry can't do it alone.

Care to expand on that one ? He's played 2 games and for a 5/6 he did fine not to mention he's the only one willing to step up for talent. And whatever his deficiencies were I'd love for someone to explain too me how Barberio scratches that itch better.

I suspect we are gonna dump him eventually but you don't need to bad lip him on the way out.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Care to expand on that one ? He's played 2 games and for a 5/6 he did fine not to mention he's the only one willing to step up for talent. And whatever his deficiencies were I'd love for someone to explain too me how Barberio scratches that itch better.

I suspect we are gonna dump him eventually but you don't need to bad lip him on the way out.
What does it matter if I express my disappointment in him? He won't hear it. Aren't you disappointed that a first round draft choice everyone projected to be a regular, a top prospect, fizzles? Barberio may be a limited, short-lived stopgap but he's already shown up on the score sheet, unlike Tinordi.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
What does it matter if I express my disappointment in him? He won't hear it. Aren't you disappointed that a first round draft choice everyone projected to be a regular, a top prospect, fizzles? Barberio may be a limited, short-lived stopgap but he's already shown up on the score sheet, unlike Tinordi.

He's played 2 games. 2. If you want to evaluate him on those two game, fine by me. He played better than expected and absolutely serviceably for a 5/6 with a little grit until he punched up with Wilson.

And if you think that on a team full of tissue soft D that tinordi's contribution is going to be points on the score card, good freaking luck with that. Its nice to know that if the devils take some questionable runs at 67 we can all sleep better knowing that torrey mitchel is on the scene.

Bad lipping guys for games they didnt play in seems, at least to me, desperate. If you thought he was going to be his old man, I can see how you might be disappointed but right now its hard to know how good he is because he never freaking plays. And I don't think he's a world beater, nothing more than a good 5/6 wwho brings things our 1-4 cant.

It's like 10 000 spoons when all you need is a kinfe.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
cool - good chance of all these things happening tonight :laugh:

that last call was hilarious, love how you wrapped up with Price is God

just keep saying DD is Therriens son i could listen to 20 minutes of that on 690

I can't really take credit for the Therriens son comment though. While I was ranting I was scrolling through the PGT and saw a meme or something that said that and just blurted it out. It's true though, and it's very frustrating.

I had no idea those calls were the result of such a host of pre-conditions.

And here we all are thinking that passionate calls from the heart, like the one you made, was a spur of the moment decision, like the classic "I'm mad as hell and I can't take it anymore."

Must say, however, how much I enjoyed your on air comment about how DD is really Therrien's son. An unforgettable moment.

As far as those 7 pre-conditions realizing themselves, I like our chances. :sarcasm:

Ive called a few times over the past couple of years. Some sober, some drunk. I was a lot more angry than drunk that night. I think reading the GDT and PGT riled me up so much that just picked up the phone and had to rage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad