Habs lose again 4-3 Flyers

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The irony in this is that it took Therrien less time to find a job then Hartley and Vigneault. Lol

Imagine being so good that you don't even have to keep coaching and people come to you for the job which you had been fired from there before to boot!!!

When you call someone a big lug, it's obviously personal with you in which case it's impossible to take you seriously.

Hartley was the first choice, but he took the Calgary job when Montreal had an offer on the table. At least, that's how I remember it.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The team was playing open possession hockey then, they were actually working on getting the puck in the danger areas. During this stretch of loss after loss after loss they seem to be taking "da safe play" and dumping the puck more often, perimeter shots after perimeter shots.

http://war-on-ice.com/game5.html?seasongcode=2015201620591

check the shot chart from tonight. I see a lot of perimeter shots on the habs side. I see some shots in the home plate area (5, 2 goals, and all 5 were in the high danger area), 4 blocked ones from the high danger area and another 4 blocked in the home plate area but outside the high danger area. Philly had 9 high danger shots (2 goals), 2 shots blocked in the high danger area, and another 7 shots in the home plate area, and ZERO blocked shots from the home plate area. Now why are there a total of TWO shots blocked in the home plate and high danger area? Perhaps the team just doesnt want to sacrifice the body? What do you make of a team that refuses to sacrifice the body? A team that doesnt want to put effort for the coach.

No one is disputing that they were garbage last night in Philly.

However check the shot charts during the losing run in december... they look more like the charts from October than they do last night.

At this point its a one game anomaly in terms of the shot charts. A disturbing one, yes, but lets not pretend last night's game and the losing in december are the same. Other than the final score, they really aren't.

That said, if what we saw last night continues tonight, I think Therrien's seat warms up real fast. Its one thing to put effort and lose, its another when the team shows no effort.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
This is the first thing I thought when the game started. WTF is Scrivens doing in net?

They weren't playign Condon back to back. They choose to let him have the home game.

Condon can play well when rested, he fatigues though, which is something we've seen when he gets too many starts in a row. Back to back with travel was never a pretty recipe.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Not surprised that the team came out flat after the big outdoor game. Philly was hungry and we weren't. We didn't see the d-men play the aggressive, assertive style they played in Boston at all last night.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Not surprised that the team came out flat after the big outdoor game. Philly was hungry and we weren't. We didn't see the d-men play the aggressive, assertive style they played in Boston at all last night.

Really, after the whole road trip fiasco and winning 3 games in the last I don't know how much? I'm freaking surprised and even more disappointed.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Ultimately everything comes down to one fact.
Marc Bergevin doesn't have the balls to do what needs to be done.
He doesn't have the balls to make the big trade that we need to address our forward scoring issues and he doesn't have the balls to fire and replace Michel Therrien.
So....
Please keep your arms and legs inside your seat at all times, and enjoy the ride!
DIVE, DIVE, DIVE

The1Prodigy1

May 20, 2013
Benn and Seguin were benched in the 3rd period last night because they were having a bad game. But here in MTL, our invisble captain get's to play no matter, so does our golden midget or the little girl.... Why can't we bench those guys, when Dallas can afford to bench the #2 and #3 scores of the league?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
He doesn't have the balls to make the big trade that we need to address our forward scoring issues and he doesn't have the balls to fire and replace Michel Therrien.
So....
Please keep your arms and legs inside your seat at all times, and enjoy the ride!
DIVE, DIVE, DIVE

That is "Fear", not "Fact".

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

It is "FACT" that no other coach in Habs history has survived a losing streak as long as MT is enjoying today.
It is "FACT" that regardless of the available opportunities over the last month, MB still hasn't addressed the GLARING need that we have had since November.
It is "FACT" that it took MB a month to address our goaltending issues after Price was injured, and instead of doing it right, he did his usual cheap barginbin tactic.
It is "FACT" that MT has never been, is not now, and never will be a Stanley Cup Champion coach and this team will not advance any further with him behind the bench.
It is "FACT" that if MB can't do what needs to be done, including replacing the coach, he should be fired as well.
It is "FACT" that MB has recently stated publicly that he stands 100% behind MT and that replacing MT hasn't even been considered.
It is "FEAR" that MB won't do what he should and that the Habs are destined for the cellar.

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

You mean you don't believe that Bergevin is locked away in his office, shivering in fear of picking up his phone that's ringing off the hook with teams looking to trade their premier players for David Desharnais????

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Benn and Seguin were benched in the 3rd period last night because they were having a bad game. But here in MTL, our invisble captain get's to play no matter, so does our golden midget or the little girl.... Why can't we bench those guys, when Dallas can afford to bench the #2 and #3 scores of the league?

Can Therrien bench 16 guys? Cause there were about 2 that didn't deserving benching last night.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
It is "FACT" that no other coach in Habs history has survived a losing streak as long as MT is enjoying today.
It is "FACT" that regardless of the available opportunities over the last month, MB still hasn't addressed the GLARING need that we have had since November.
It is "FACT" that it took MB a month to address our goaltending issues after Price was injured, and instead of doing it right, he did his usual cheap barginbin tactic.
It is "FACT" that MT has never been, is not now, and never will be a Stanley Cup Champion coach and this team will not advance any further with him behind the bench.
It is "FACT" that if MB can't do what needs to be done, including replacing the coach, he should be fired as well.
It is "FACT" that MB has recently stated publicly that he stands 100% behind MT and that replacing MT hasn't even been considered.
It is "FEAR" that MB won't do what he should and that the Habs are destined for the cellar.

Those are opinions not facts

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto

Not sure you can call this a fact. I mean, what was he supposed to do? Make a big trade and get a number 1 goalie? Otherwise, your only choice (other than what he's done) is get a great backup from a team where the goalie is only a backup and not a #1 because there happens to be an elite goalie in front of him. In which case, you then have another #1 goalie you have to deal with once Price comes back. And how much are you willing to trade to get a temp backup goalie? So whether it was the right thing to do or the wrong is basically a subjective question in my mind. Sure, wish they got a goalie like a Halak but how much would those backups costs? Specially when you are trading from a position of weakness?

Sorry, this isn't a fact. This is an assumption. The only part that IS fact is the beginning where you said "MT has never been". Beyond that it's all assumption. Sure, the most likely outcome is that you are right but as it stands, it's an assumption.

Actually this is an assumption (or opinion...whatever) as well...what you may think should be done and he doesn't do isn't fact. Just your opinion...unless you are saying you are 100% correct and perfect in your analysis. I'm not saying you are wrong mind you because I believe MT should be fired as well...but that still doesn't make it a fact.

All that said, in general, I'm not saying you are wrong on your points, just that some of your points aren't actually facts. Just assumptions that are most likely correct...but still an assumption at this point.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Not sure you can call this a fact. I mean, what was he supposed to do? Make a big trade and get a number 1 goalie? Otherwise, your only choice (other than what he's done) is get a great backup from a team where the goalie is only a backup and not a #1 because there happens to be an elite goalie in front of him. In which case, you then have another #1 goalie you have to deal with once Price comes back. And how much are you willing to trade to get a temp backup goalie? So whether it was the right thing to do or the wrong is basically a subjective question in my mind. Sure, wish they got a goalie like a Halak but how much would those backups costs? Specially when you are trading from a position of weakness?

It's a fact he did nothing of worth. In that time frame there were options available over Scrivens, ie.. Khudobin, but they would have cost more and MB is cheap and he saw an opportunity to dump Kassian and get a cheap fix so he did it.

Sorry, this isn't a fact. This is an assumption. The only part that IS fact is the beginning where you said "MT has never been". Beyond that it's all assumption. Sure, the most likely outcome is that you are right but as it stands, it's an assumption.

I'll give you this one.

Actually this is an assumption (or opinion...whatever) as well...what you may think should be done and he doesn't do isn't fact. Just your opinion...unless you are saying you are 100% correct and perfect in your analysis. I'm not saying you are wrong mind you because I believe MT should be fired as well...but that still doesn't make it a fact.

All that said, in general, I'm not saying you are wrong on your points, just that some of your points aren't actually facts. Just assumptions that are most likely correct...but still an assumption at this point.

Actually, saying he "SHOULD" be fired for not doing the job for which he was hired is FACT.
Saying he will or won't be is assumption.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The irony in this is that it took Therrien less time to find a job then Hartley and Vigneault. Lol

Imagine being so good that you don't even have to keep coaching and people come to you for the job which you had been fired from there before to boot!!!

When you call someone a big lug, it's obviously personal with you in which case it's impossible to take you seriously.

He's been called worse. I totally lost respect for him since the reporting of his toe nail clippings and farting habits, which makes him worse than a "big lug".

That he was plucked out of some studio chair doesn't confer upon him any particular expertise. His act doesn't appear to work anymore, his players don't want to pay the price.

Could Sylvain Lefebvre be next-in-line? :sarcasm:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
He's been called worse. I totally lost respect for him since the reporting of his toe nail clippings and farting habits, which makes him worse than a "big lug".

That he was plucked out of some studio chair doesn't confer upon him any particular expertise. His act doesn't appear to work anymore, his players don't want to pay the price.

Could Sylvain Lefebvre be next-in-line? :sarcasm:

Come on, that reporting came from... well, a big big lug.
As for being plucked out of some studio chair, I still prefer my theory of family reasons to explain why he didn't have a job. I'm not sure fired NHL coaches still get their paycheck if they coach... like... anywhere else.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
It's a fact he did nothing of worth. In that time frame there were options available over Scrivens, ie.. Khudobin, but they would have cost more and MB is cheap and he saw an opportunity to dump Kassian and get a cheap fix so he did it.

Sorry, I don't follow all the trade winds but why does Khudobin's name keep on popping up? I don't know anything about him but looking strictly at his stats (got nothing else to compare with) vs Scrivens, they don't look that much different. Scrivens played will on a good team and not so well when playing on a crap team. Would Khudobin really make any difference with the way the time is playing?

Actually, saying he "SHOULD" be fired for not doing the job for which he was hired is FACT.
Saying he will or won't be is assumption.

Saying he 'should' be fired means there are several possibilities and being fired is probably the preferred outcome... but if that IS a fact, then so is the other possibilities so...may not be an assumption but certainly not some absolute truth either. So yes, maybe you can say it's a fact...but doesn't really mean anything and has as much impact as an opinion...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
So....
DIVE, DIVE, DIVE

Maybe or maybe not, but I'll leave you with a though.

Holmgren had balls when he ran Phillie and he left a horrendous mess. He rivals Milbury for worst GM of the last 25-30 years.

Gainey had balls when he made the Gomez trade.

Corey had balls when he hired Houle and Tremblay...it was a huge fiasco.

Having balls as a GM is only good at the right times.

I'd rather MB make no trade versus a bad one.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Can Therrien bench 16 guys? Cause there were about 2 that didn't deserving benching last night.

That's a big part of the problem since Dec 1st...if 2-3 guys suck you bench or play them less...right now you have your 6-7 core veterans playing poorly for the last 5 weeks...stats back it up...Subban Pac Plek DD markov Petry Fleischmann...can't bench them all.

Nynja*

So all the vets on the team start playing like hot garbage and you think its unrelated to coaching and theyre just slumping? ALL of the vets start playing like garbage, and you cant see the writing on the wall. If the ENTIRE team is slumping them it means that either theyre ALL doing what the coach told them to do (which means he's a REALLY ****ing bad coach), or they dont want to play for that baboon anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Unbelievable that nothing has transpired out of this awful streak. How about someone does their ****ing job to try and right this ship instead of just throwing the same **** at the wall hoping to come out of this disgusting streak of failure.

This entire thing has incompetence written all over it. If MB doesn't have the stones to shake things up with a big trade or firing, then he can join the unemployment line with MT once this team misses the playoffs because a group of stubborn ****** refused to to whats best for the team .

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
if Therrien won't be fired for a stretch of play like this from his 'experienced core' then he is pretty much un-fireable what could get him fired then if not this type of collapse

I dont know if Bergevin views this as exposing the weakness in Therrien's coaching system or he just wants to reboot the Carey Price system as soon as Price is back

Im starting to think Therrien's system is why Price is getting nagging injuries - he has to do soooo much every night to just get us a 1 goal win

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad