Post-Game Talk: Habs Lose 6-2

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Dvorak and Danault are somewhat tough to compare for effectiveness. Dvorak will provide more offense, but he's not as good offensively. I suspect he will get a similar role to Danault though.

The bigger issue is that they lost Danault and KK but only got Dvorak back. If your opinion is that Evans can do the job, fine, but it still hurts the overall depth alot, not to mention the overall upside of the center cast.

Well losing Kotkaniemi is a net negative, but that has nothing to do with the impact of losing Danault, which I believe is not big enough to change the direction of the team.

What will happen though, is that Habs will experience a difficult season vs expectations, and fans are gonna point out at Danault leaving...

Jul 6, 2016
Well losing Kotkaniemi is a net negative, but that has nothing to do with the impact of losing Danault, which I believe is not big enough to change the direction of the team.

What will happen though, is that Habs will experience a difficult season vs expectations, and fans are gonna point out at Danault leaving...

...and some others, at KK leaving.

Mark9988

Aug 29, 2021
Anyone who look at our healthy defense if Weber is done and think this is fine is delusional.

Edmundson-Petry
Chiarot-Savard
Romanov-Wideman

This is not a playoffs bound defense. A kid will need to blossom and take a spot in the top 3.

Lol,

Nobody there is a top pairing d-man

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Anyone who look at our healthy defense if Weber is done and think this is fine is delusional.

Edmundson-Petry
Chiarot-Savard
Romanov-Wideman

This is not a playoffs bound defense. A kid will need to blossom and take a spot in the top 3.
... and Savard hasn't showed in the least that he is a top 4 dman. Yeah, I share the concern.

Reactions: Devonator

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Well Petry is a top pairing D man but not a superstar top pairing D man.

He's going to be 34 soon though and had only a few week to replenishing his batteries after a physically rough playoffs run. I think he has 2 maybe 3 years as a top pairing dman but what i find funny is to see our fanbase saying the Pens are done they will miss 100% yet Crosby is only a few month older than Petry and Petry is our only top pairing dman. That's a strange way to access both situation i would say.

Last edited:
Reactions: abo9

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

Edmundson-Petry
Chiarot-Savard
Romanov-Wideman

What I see when you put this lineup

Chariot 2.0-Petry
Chariot-Chariot 3.0
Romanov- Ahl

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
If I recall correctly Habs' pre-season was not the greatest last year either... or did we even have a pre-season? Either way, not too worried until about 10 or so games in.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
... and Savard hasn't showed in the least that he is a top 4 dman. Yeah, I share the concern.

From what i've seen of Savard in the scf he'll need a rebirth to be a top 4 cause he certainly was not one in the scf. Both Sergachev and Cernak were clearly better and i would even say Rutta was better but that's more questionable. He's not been a top 4 for the last 2 years now and it's not like he was an extraordinary one in his prime either.

Reactions: JurequeparJuraj

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Wow! you called it!

It's preseason so the score doesn't really matter.
Colorado 1-3
Tampa 1-4

Jersey and Arizona in 1st :laugh:

Posters suffer from amnesia when it comes to pre season….they don’t get that it doesn’t matter as players, especially vets don’t give it their all.

It’s only been like this like forever but for some reason they panic and are ready to fire and trade everyone because of pre-season scores.

But I assure you that if we were 5-0 these same posters would be telling everyone to calm the f*** down as it’s only pre season lol

Reactions: Redux91

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
What I see when you put this lineup

Chariot 2.0-Petry
Chariot-Chariot 3.0
Romanov- Ahl

Edmundson is better than Chiarot when he his playing well though. The main problem of Edmundson is consistency. He can be great one year and then meh the next. If he can find consistency i would say that unlike Chiarot he can be a top 4 with Petry. The rest though if not kid blossom is two third pairing vets, then a kid who so far doesn't show any sign of progress and a 100 yards hail mary pass with no time left.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
He's going to be 34 soon though and had only a few week to replenishing his batteries after a physically rough playoffs run. I think he has 2 maybe 3 years as a top pairing dman but what i find funny is to see our fanbase saying the Pens are done they will miss 100% yet Crosby is only a few month older than Petry and Petry is our only top pairing dman. That's a strange way to access both situation i would say.

Yeah but most fans are notoriously bad at knowing the ages of players, they probably think Petry is 27-28.

I mean, Huberdeau is 28, yet has played in 9 seasons. Petry has appeared in 11. 5 years difference between both though.

And Petry took huge leap in his late 20's, which some probably mistakenly thoughts were his early 20's...

Reactions: JurequeparJuraj

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Nitpicking : he absolutely proved so, but he also proved he couldn't be relied on as such since at least two seasons.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
From what i've seen of Savard in the scf he'll need a rebirth to be a top 4 cause he certainly was not one in the scf. Both Sergachev and Cernak were clearly better and i would even say Rutta was better but that's more questionable. He's not been a top 4 for the last 2 years now and it's not like he was an extraordinary one in his prime either.
He fits well in that team but, like Chiarot, it may take more than the training camp to adjust to Montreal gameplay.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Colorado 1-3
Tampa 1-4

Posters suffer from amnesia when it comes to pre season….they don’t get that it doesn’t matter as players, especially vets don’t give it their all.

It’s only been like this like forever but for some reason they panic and are ready to fire and trade everyone because of pre-season scores.

But I assure you that if we were 5-0 these same posters would be telling everyone to calm the f*** down as it’s only pre season lol

Next you’re going to tell us that Brendan Perlini won’t keep up his goal per game pace as he starts the regular season.

The concerning part right now is the injuries are starting to stack up. Who will be ready to go in a week. The Habs need to get off to a hot start, with an easy schedule for the first 16 games of the season.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Next you’re going to tell us that Brendan Perlini won’t keep up his goal per game pace as he starts the regular season.

The concerning part right now is the injuries are starting to stack up. Who will be ready to go in a week. The Habs need to get off to a hot start, with an easy schedule for the first 16 games of the season.
I was unaware of this…..but thank you for pointing out some players individual stat

injuries are pilling up, that’s fine, other teams will later suffer a same fate and all will balance out

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Colorado 1-3
Tampa 1-4

Wow, what a way to hit me right in the forehead without hitting me right in the forehead. First you liked the guys response and then you proceed to slam me without saying my hf user name lol.

Reactions: jaffy27

Jul 6, 2016

Injuries to key players.

#1 d-man: Weber gone for the year if not more
#1 goalie: Price, the enigma
#2 d-man (this year) Edmundson, another 2-3 weeks (not in game shape for a good while)
Hoffman, PP powerplug... the other enigma.... Not in game shape for a while

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I think his departure is a bit understated to be honest, given the number of arguments I saw here that strictly looked at his point totals.

It's fine to debate his effectiveness, but when someone is just zooming in on a fraction of the player's overall portfolio, its not going anywhere constructive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad