Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 5-3 to NY Rangers

POTM (06/11/2018)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Team doesn't suck because of Price. He's still better than a lot of goalies. People **** on him but ignore other goalies like Bob and Holtby who have been somehow worse with their top dmen healthy. Of course Price is making a lot more than those guys but let's wait and see what Bob gets this year...

So...Price is not that bad because Holtby is awful? Okay....so is Price THAT bad because Halak is great? What kind of argumentation is that? Who cares about the other goalies! Price is not doing a great job. AGain. This Habs team is still playing a style that usually diminishes the high scoring chances. We have more the puck that usual. WE are less dependent on our goalies. And yet, it's fine for Price to not save any games? Since when are you not supposed to expect that incredibly best from your very best players?

Reactions: Armaniac

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Team doesn't suck because of Price. He's still better than a lot of goalies. People **** on him but ignore other goalies like Bob and Holtby who have been somehow worse with their top dmen healthy. Of course Price is making a lot more than those guys but let's wait and see what Bob gets this year...
It doesn't matter my friend

You just shouldnt freaking build around a goalie IMO.

Bergevin was put in a bad spot to begin with.,...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And now, this moment of levity brought to you by the Alexandre Daigle Foundation ...

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
It's rare that I complain about refs but they stole the game. Horrible reffing job.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I felt like the special teams lost this game - they needed to cash on the huge PP time they had when leading 3-1 - they had a chance to bury the Rangers but instead took stupid penalties and willed the Rangers back into the game. The Habs need to bury teams when they get the chance - they didn't tonight and so they lost.

Reactions: Forum93

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
So...Price is not that bad because Holtby is awful? Okay....so is Price THAT bad because Halak is great? What kind of argumentation is that? Who cares about the other goalies! Price is not doing a great job. AGain. This Habs team is still playing a style that usually diminishes the high scoring chances. We have more the puck that usual. WE are less dependent on our goalies. And yet, it's fine for Price to not save any games? Since when are you not supposed to expect that incredibly best from your very best players?
Nope. Price IS playing bad to his standards, but he isn't the only vezina caliber goalie playing poorly. That is my point. What do you mean who cares about other goalies? How else are you going to compare his performance to the other top goalies in the league?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
When you have the easiest schedule in the NHL and then it starts to get real... lol

What an awful performance.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Hudon can't play on this team, it's pretty obvious. He's good enough for a 4th line, max. He's not quick enough.

Drouin played a solid one yesterday and had some fun in Midtown for sure last night.

Price is having issues again. He lost his mojo, it ain't coming back soon by the looks of it. I'm like Drebin, I believe something broke with the birth of his daughter. He lost his passion, the fire left. Plus all of the injuries have had their toll. He's not as sound technically.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Gallagher, Tatar, Domi, and Armia all played very well.

Petry, Price and Drouin all had tough nights. Also wasn't thrilled with Kotka's play, a lot of chasing pucks and losing battles.

Not a fan of Kotka on the point on the PP either. But honestly he was the least of our problems tonight.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
It doesn't matter my friend

You just shouldnt freaking build around a goalie IMO.

Bergevin was put in a bad spot to begin with.,...

I am in almost 100% agreement with you on this one. Shackling that much dough to a position that cannot hide a bad performance has great downside.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
How does this even happen in the modern-day NHL? Bobby Orr used to score on end-to-end rushes, untouched -- his skating ability and hockey sense was so much better than the average opponent in his day. But now? By Pionk?

Last edited:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Sorry man. But that's not the point. Sometimes, just sometimes, you need a goalie that just saves the day. Making a couple of great saves, every goalie does that. Look at every game, every goalie make huge saves. But at one point, when the team is more tired, you need your goalie, who is the ONLY one that hasn't played the day before, to save you. He did not. That's what he has to do. He doesn't do it. That's what saving a game is. You don't save a game if the team in front of you plays great and scores 8 goals. You need gamesaving performances when your team sucks. That's what he's suppose to do. He did that in Boston. I count 1. He didn't do that tonight. He could have been better in the 3rd. No idea why the saves he made in the 1st made him impossible to make those saves in the 3rd.....

Yep, Drouin sucked. IMMENSELY. But this year, I've seen Drouin elevate his game WAY MORE than I've seen Price. And I wasn't a Drouin fan at first....

There are very few goalies in the league playing behind a team like Montreal. The D was horrific tonight and support from the forwards was bad too. How does the rangers d go end to end like that and nobody moves? Nobody? They are exciting to watch but this run and gun loosey goosey stuff will never work long term. It's silly to expect your goalie to bail you out all game long like that.

There is poor d and there is zero d. Tonight it was zero d.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
And now, this moment of levity brought to you by the Alexandre Daigle Foundation ...

tenor.gif

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Hudon can't play on this team, it's pretty obvious. He's good enough for a 4th line, max. He's not quick enough.

Drouin played a solid one yesterday and had some fun in Midtown for sure last night.

Price is having issues again. He lost his mojo, it ain't coming back soon by the looks of it. I'm like Drebin, I believe something broke with the birth of his daughter. He lost his passion, the fire left. Plus all of the injuries have had their toll. He's not as sound technically.
Pretty much this.

And Benn next to Petry needs to stop. I'm seeing flashbacks from last year.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
That ending was unfortunate, but still on pace to make the playoffs.

Price needs to be better. Drouin is frustrating, but we will have to accept the kind of player he is. We will not get something worthy in a trade.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
who says Hab fans aren't bi-polar? Last night you would think this team was going to win a cup, tonight everyone sucks burn down the team. Just look at the team logically, if you have Benn on your top pairing, how good are you really? Now Domi is freaking red hot but this team went into tonight with 43 goals and almost 40% of them were from Gallagher/Domi, which doesn't sound like a good team. You have Byron, Drouin and there's 60% of our goals going into tonight.

Tatar has 2 games where he's scored 4 goals, the rest of the season he has 1. Seems really streaky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad