Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 5-3 to NY Rangers

POTM (06/11/2018)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

40Armia

Oct 8, 2018
There's no value to a goalie who plays well for two periods of each game.

If a goalie is not playing well for all three periods, then a goalie is not playing well.
Of course he deserves to be yelled at , if you would have read my post that's the first thing I said!

You played the childish name game. And said Petry isnt aloud to call him out, well because you hate Petry. Strange

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
So ? Hes protected by the cage. ***** team from last year is back
so you want a guy in a cage to play policeman ? with what ? his stick ?

he wears the cage at the opponents discretion. he starts acting like a big guy behind a shield ( you know the ncaa) and there goes the cage.

Even with Dlo, we are as soft as cotton.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
There's no value to a goalie who plays well for two periods of each game.

If a goalie is not playing well for all three periods, then a goalie is not playing well.
just wondering, what's the value of a D corps that doesnt play D and repeatedly leaves their goalie out to dry ?

more importantly, how is that the goalies fault ?

40Armia

Oct 8, 2018
so you want a guy in a cage to play policeman ? with what ? his stick ?

he wears the cage at the opponents discretion. he starts acting like a big guy behind a shield ( you know the ncaa) and there goes the cage.

Even with Dlo, we are as soft as cotton.

Lol hockey responses arent only fights. Have you ever played ? If so. You would know what i mean

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Lol hockey responses arent only fights. Have you ever played ? If so. You would know what i mean

I do not

there is a word for guys who play tough behind a shield but its on the tip of my tongue. I'm sure you've heard it, plenty, care to help a fella out ?

Anyone expecting dlo to stand up for a teamate while wearing a shield is likely to never see that expectation come to fruition.

philipsson

Jan 12, 2014
Everyone in the building knew he was pulling that to his forehand
Cmon man
Nice goal tho

Just curious... don't you think reilly should've hit pionk instead of looking at pionk pulling it to his forehand ?

I think most goalies would give that goal. You don't think he should be able to cut in front like he did cause the other D is there so you go into butterfly and make sure no low shots are going in.

Price is meh this year, making some huge saves and giving up some softies, but I don't get why some people act like every goal he gives are softies that Niemi would've saved.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
Just curious... don't you think reilly should've hit pionk instead of looking at pionk pulling it to his forehand ?

I think most goalies would give that goal. You don't think he should be able to cut in front like he did cause the other D is there so you go into butterfly and make sure no low shots are going in.

Price is meh this year, making some huge saves and giving up some softies, but I don't get why some people act like every goal he gives are softies that Niemi would've saved.

Even if price anticipates Reilly stopping Pionk there, he still needs to be ready in case he doesnt - he just sat there hoping the DEF would do everything and didnt even bother poke checking when he saw Reilly getting beat. price is pathetic

philipsson

Jan 12, 2014
Even if price anticipates Reilly stopping Pionk there, he still needs to be ready in case he doesnt - he just sat there hoping the DEF would do everything and didnt even bother poke checking when he saw Reilly getting beat. price is pathetic

He was not good on the sequence, but to say every single goalie stops this is nitpicking. Just my opinion here. I think the third goal was god awful and pretty costly, but other goals were goals most goalie allow. Can we expect more for him ? Sure. But people are exagerrating.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He was not good on the sequence, but to say every single goalie stops this is nitpicking. Just my opinion here. I think the third goal was god awful and pretty costly, but other goals were goals most goalie allow. Can we expect more for him ? Sure. But people are exagerrating.

That's a hard play to stop, because you can't get off the short side post very quickly, else they are gonna tuck it up there.

There's really no excuse for that play to happen with both D men back but Juulsen isn't NHL ready and Reilly isn't a strong defender.

Reactions: philipsson

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
So when the defense objectively sucks but the goalie saves our ass the defense is good.

When the defense is bad but the red light goes on, it's the goalies fault.

We were in the game for two periods because of good goaltending in spite of our defense and lazy ass backchecking wingers,
No i'm saying the defense sucked all game, it just got that much worse in the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad