Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 5-3 to NY Rangers

POTM (06/11/2018)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
We have a young team, but also an inexperienced one. This was what transpired last game. An inexperienced team fell into trouble because of Rag shenanigans. They will learn from it and move on.

An experienced team, when getting powerplays the way we did last game, while up 3-1, would make the Rags pay by making the game unreachable for them. Instead, emotions got the better of us and we let them not only come back, but we destroyed our defensive play and gave them the game. Lessons will be learned, and the players will grow from this.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
We have a young team, but also an inexperienced one. This was what transpired last game. An inexperienced team fell into trouble because of Rag shenanigans. They will learn from it and move on.

An experienced team, when getting powerplays the way we did last game, while up 3-1, would make the Rags pay by making the game unreachable for them. Instead, emotions got the better of us and we let them not only come back, but we destroyed our defensive play and gave them the game. Lessons will be learned, and the players will grow from this.

revisionist nonsense. we were NEVER good defensively last night, the difference is that for two periods price saved our asses. And when they left him out to dry again and again, and what was expected to happen came to fruition, people try to tie it on him and not the craptastic defensive play.

The same people who think that price sucks when the defense leaves him hanging are the same ones who say we play good defensively when price plays well. its freaking lunacy.

goaltending and defense are two different, but related things. The sooner people recognize and acknowledge this the sooner we can have a meaningful discussion without all this 10.5 million dollar crap.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
revisionist nonsense. we were NEVER good defensively last night, the difference is that for two periods price saved our asses. And when they left him out to dry again and again, and what was expected to happen came to fruition, people try to tie it on him and not the craptastic defensive play.

The same people who think that price sucks when the defense leaves him hanging are the same ones who say we play good defensively when price plays well. its freaking lunacy.

goaltending and defense are two different, but related things. The sooner people recognize and acknowledge this the sooner we can have a meaningful discussion without all this 10.5 million dollar crap.

If the defensive play in the first and second periods was as bad as it was in that 3rd period, it would not have been a close game. Like I mentioned earlier, if we ever find a goaltender who could change the outcome of last game to a win, the 10.5M we're paying Price will only cover this mythical person's bonuses.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
In my opinion, we sucked ass defensively and Price didn't save our asses. Both happened.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
If the defensive play in the first and second periods was as bad as it was in that 3rd period, it would not have been a close game. Like I mentioned earlier, if we ever find a goaltender who could change the outcome of last game to a win, the 10.5M we're paying Price will only cover this mythical person's bonuses.
So when the defense objectively sucks but the goalie saves our ass the defense is good.

When the defense is bad but the red light goes on, it's the goalies fault.

We were in the game for two periods because of good goaltending in spite of our defense and lazy ass backchecking wingers,

Reactions: PaulD

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
RDS did in fact mention Petry yelling at Drouin. I don't remember whether it was Pierre Houde or Marc Denis who mentioned it.

I can assure you that they never mentioned it. I listened to the sequence twice, I had the RDS broadcast of the game taped end to end.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I can assure you that they never mentioned it. I listened to the sequence twice, I had the RDS broadcast of the game taped end to end.
So I read it on the forum I guess... Weird, I'm sure I saw the segment on RDS. Maybe Antichambre???

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So I read it on the forum I guess... Weird, I'm sure I saw the segment on RDS. Maybe Antichambre???

If you heard it, it must have been outside of the game description. Unfortunately, I didn't listen to AC.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Price didn't have a good game, not by a longshot. We coddle this guy too damn much, he had 1 good period.

Some people do coddle him but for everyone one of those there is a donkey that says he gives up 2 bad goals per game or even that he never makes a big save right after a game where the guy made some saves to keep them in it and they came back to win. Funny how it works, even in this post you say he only had 1 good period when he clearly had 2. Want to have an honest discussion at least be honest with the assessment.

40Armia

Oct 8, 2018
deslaurier was behind a bird cage, where he's been since he broke a bone in his face.

but not to worry we had reilley stand up for drouin by , well by not doing anyhing really.

So ? Hes protected by the cage. p***y team from last year is back

40Armia

Oct 8, 2018
Drouin deserved it but people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, Petry's responsible for goals against just about every game.

Omfg. Are you saying Petry is as bad as Drouin????? Ti gars de chez nous syndrome

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Omfg. Are you saying Petry is as bad as Drouin????? Ti gars de chez nous syndrome

I'm saying Minus-King sucks defensively. Never liked Petry, despite his offensive numbers he's way overrated on these boards. Now if Weber was barking at Drouin I wouldn't have a second thought about it.

40Armia

Oct 8, 2018
I'm saying Minus-King sucks defensively. Never liked Petry, despite his offensive numbers he's way overrated on these boards. Now if Weber was barking at Drouin I wouldn't have a second thought about it.

Drouin deserves to be yelled at by the equipment manager!!! And your hatred for Petry has you blinded

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad