Habs lose 5-1, I watched the UFC at TVA Sports instead of half of the game.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Your fascination for 4th line plugs is mind-boggling. Budaj had nothing to do with the loss, you'd rather blame him than White since you have an irrational hard-on for players that are gritty. He took stupid penalties tonight and this is not the first time he does this season. For a guy that's a fringer NHLer and is playing for his heart, he's putting himself a bit too much ahead of the team with those dumb penalties. Players like White are easily replacable, if White can't control himself and be disciplined he won't be in Montreal, let alone in the NHL for too long. The team played like crap today, the loss had nothing to do with Budaj's performance. If you want to throw him under the bus, you might as well not be double standard and throw White under the bus too because he had just as much of a factor in tonight's loss than Budaj.

Interesting.

If you look at the stats, White has scored a goal this year. We are still waiting for Eller and Desharnais to score one.

Did you also realize that White has just as many shots as Galchenyuk?

And White would stand up to anyone who tried to start anything with Eller, Desharnais or Galchenyuk. And you call him a plug.

The new leadership of Bergevin and new coach Therrien place a lot of respect on players like White. They understand, unlike you, that White has a very important role on this team. And it doesnt hurt when White plays his ass off on D as well as shoot pucks at the net. And hell, scoring a goal is icing on the cake.

The pacifism of Jacques Martin/Pierre Gauthier is gone (I am sure you miss them both dearly). The Habs are a tougher team now. Still need a little bit more on D.

And yes, Budaj sucked ass tonight. He has the reflexes of a 50 year old man.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
to be fair, when was the last time Budaj played?

There is no fairness in hockey or any other sports.

You either win or lose.

Budaj was not even close to being sharp. And that is what his job is. To be sharp after sitting on the bench (regardless of how many games he has sat on the bench).

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Budja... Terrible couple minutes there in the 2nd. Let's get PK started. Im a believer in this team now even if 4 weeks ago I was ok with the tank for jones

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Ouch, two losses against two teams in division. That hurts.

Budaj can't be blamed for tonight loss, even Price can't stop some of them.

Btw, in the whole NHL, White ranks #1 in penalties, and Prust #2. In all NHL !

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Ouch, two losses against two teams in division. That hurts.

Budaj can't be blamed for tonight loss, even Price can't stop some of them.

Btw, in the whole NHL, White ranks #1 in penalties, and Prust #2. In all NHL !

Not the most impressive stat when the PK is struggling.

Penalties don't intimidate other teams, appropriate, strategic penalties might.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Posted this on the main boards just to get a conversation going on bad fan experiences. Here's a ****** night I had at the sens game tonight...not giving my thoughts on habs players (if you guys want a brief summary, I think most of them sucked). Anyways, here it is:

I was at the game tonight, the senators were hosting the habs. Most of you should know that when the leafs and habs come to Ottawa, half the arena is usually filled with the opposing fans. We took the bus there and we were joking around with sens fans we didn't the whole trip there and making fun of each other about little things and the whole bus was laughing together, it was a pretty good experience. Sens fans are usually great, most my friends are sens fans including some that came to the game with me tonight and I don't mind them at all.

So finally, the game started and was off to a great start, the habs scored a goal and we habs fans cheered, the sens responded with a goal and the sens fans cheered. There were some 'go sens go' chants and some 'go habs go' chants and each group of fans was trying to yell over each other to support their team, it wasn't so bad.

Then the 2nd period came along...some of you may have seen the scoresheet, the sens dominated the 2nd period and wow did the sens turn into ********** or what lol. There was a group of friends in front of us (some sens fans, some habs) and when the sens scored they'd cheer and obviously we would boo. As they scored more goals they would just turn around (specifically one girl) and pretty much face us and taunt us by cheering specifically at us to rub it in rather than just face the rink like the rest of the spectators...kind of annoying but whatever, they're sens fans so they are happy for their team. We started booing every little thing the sens did that got some cheers from their home crowd cause by that point we were fed up with the game and disappointed and just wanted to vent off. Well the sens scored goal #5 and they did the same thing and one that same girl pretty much proceeded to give us the finger while cheering and my sister/friends were ready to knock her out lol. The girls boyfriend was smart enough to pull her away before her dumb ass started ****.

Needless to say, I've been to many sens games and I generally think sens fans are classy but this night sucked. Also this isn't a knock on sens fans...I hate your team but I realize you aren't all unclassy like that one fan tonight.

Any of you guys want to share some ****** fan encounters at games or something related to that?

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Posted this on the main boards just to get a conversation going on bad fan experiences. Here's a ****** night I had at the sens game tonight...not giving my thoughts on habs players (if you guys want a brief summary, I think most of them sucked). Anyways, here it is:

I was at the game tonight, the senators were hosting the habs. Most of you should know that when the leafs and habs come to Ottawa, half the arena is usually filled with the opposing fans. We took the bus there and we were joking around with sens fans we didn't the whole trip there and making fun of each other about little things and the whole bus was laughing together, it was a pretty good experience. Sens fans are usually great, most my friends are sens fans including some that came to the game with me tonight and I don't mind them at all.

So finally, the game started and was off to a great start, the habs scored a goal and we habs fans cheered, the sens responded with a goal and the sens fans cheered. There were some 'go sens go' chants and some 'go habs go' chants and each group of fans was trying to yell over each other to support their team, it wasn't so bad.

Then the 2nd period came along...some of you may have seen the scoresheet, the sens dominated the 2nd period and wow did the sens turn into ********** or what lol. There was a group of friends in front of us (some sens fans, some habs) and when the sens scored they'd cheer and obviously we would boo. As they scored more goals they would just turn around (specifically one girl) and pretty much face us and taunt us by cheering specifically at us to rub it in rather than just face the rink like the rest of the spectators...kind of annoying but whatever, they're sens fans so they are happy for their team. We started booing every little thing the sens did that got some cheers from their home crowd cause by that point we were fed up with the game and disappointed and just wanted to vent off. Well the sens scored goal #5 and they did the same thing and one that same girl pretty much proceeded to give us the finger while cheering and my sister/friends were ready to knock her out lol. The girls boyfriend was smart enough to pull her away before her dumb ass started ****.

Needless to say, I've been to many sens games and I generally think sens fans are classy but this night sucked. Also this isn't a knock on sens fans...I hate your team but I realize you aren't all unclassy like that one fan tonight.

Any of you guys want to share some ****** fan encounters at games or something related to that?

If she was turning around at your face while the play is going on, then that is quite a dick move. If a goal is scored or even if it is during some stoppages in play, you should almost expect a little banter, even if its kind of annoying, but the line is definitely crossed if she's facing you with her back towards the game constantly during game action.

Having said that, I've heard/seen way worse than this. Ottawa is a church compared to some other rinks.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
If they're not supposed to care if you boo their team in their rink, why do you care if they give you the finger or taunt you?

#growthickerskinnancy

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Back up goalie in on back-to-back nights... But the Habs aren't gonna make excuses this year and neither am I.

Bottom line it came down to penalties and effort. I knew White would eventually cost us one, and he did. The first penalty might have been weak (didn't really catch it, but if the if it fit the trend with the current officiating...) but the second one was uncalled for. When does arguing a penalty ever get the ref to change his mind? Never.. so ****, and get in the damn box. I say he either sits or doesn't play a lot Saturday.

The good news is that Subban is back. Who cares about what's being said about him and how he is in the room, they need this guy back on the ice doing WHAT HE DOES BEST, and that's being a dominant defenseman. "He was the best player on a bad team last year." Yeah, okay. He was also +9 on that bad team last year, and played monster minutes in all situations. Just because Markov is back to his old ways doesn't diminish how important PK is to the back-end. With him playing 10-15 possibily of Kaby and Boullion's minutes, we look a lot better on the back-end.

Price and PK, 2 of our top players in on Saturday, and it's a different result. It still may not result in a win, but hopefully a better fight.

General Granny*

Hey my personal opinion, I just don't see it from the 3-4 Sens games I've seen this year.

Just a personal experience, also not every team that makes the playoffs is good, There's a lot of luck involved. Hey if Anderson can play that for the entire season it would be impossible not to make the playoffs

Anderson wasnt this good last year, he was .910 SV% goalie.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
If they're not supposed to care if you boo their team in their rink, why do you care if they give you the finger or taunt you?

#growthickerskinnancy

I agree, they can taunt me...the way the habs were playing, sens fans deserved to chirp us habs fans at the game. But to the point of giving me the finger when I'm literally 3ft away, you're pretty much begging for **** to go down

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Anderson wasnt this good last year, he was .910 SV% goalie.

He was very good in the playoffs last year. He has stretches, even long stretches, where he looks like he's lights out. There was a time in Colorado where he looked like the next goaltending star. Consistency is something he has struggled with for his entire career though. But when he's hot, he's as good as any goalie in this league. He has many faces.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Interesting.

If you look at the stats, White has scored a goal this year. We are still waiting for Eller and Desharnais to score one.

And White would stand up to anyone who tried to start anything with Eller, Desharnais or Galchenyuk. And you call him a plug.

The new leadership of Bergevin and new coach Therrien place a lot of respect on players like White. They understand, unlike you, that White has a very important role on this team. And it doesnt hurt when White plays his ass off on D as well as shoot pucks at the net. And hell, scoring a goal is icing on the cake.

The pacifism of Jacques Martin/Pierre Gauthier is gone (I am sure you miss them both dearly). The Habs are a tougher team now. Still need a little bit more on D.

Well it's pretty easy to twist stats in order to make a player look good, especially when your using those in such a small sample. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a fan of the guy. I love his heart and what he brings to this team but I can remove the rose-tinted glasses for the guy when he ****s up. White might have one more goal so far in the season but we're also 6 games into the season. I don't think I'm taking a huge risk here if I'm willing to bet that Eller and Desharnais will both finish the season with more goals than White. Comparing his offensive output to two players that are currently struggling and are not satisfied with their play themselves is not really doing you any favors here. Who's to say I don't blame them for tonight's loss? I'm not gonna defend their disappointing start because there's no point, it's like beating a dead horse. It's no mystery that they're both going to have to step up their game if we want to bring this team to make the playoffs. Also you brought up the fact that White has as many shots as Galchenyuk. Well first of all, it's not surprise to say that Galchenyuk's shot is already better than White's therefore his provides a better scoring chance. Second of all, I don't have a chart of where he shot those pucks from but I'm sure a good amount of them were just him putting it on net while being short handed or just to create a rebound. Last thing, you somehow made a connection of me calling White a plug to his willingness to stand up for his teammates which I don't really see the link but anyway. That's kind of their job anyway, any team with a functionnal 4th line will have guys willing to get their hands dirty for their teammates. We've had guys with that type of attitude over the years, remember Kostopoulos and Gregory Stewart? They come and they go because they're easily replacable and if White doesn't wake the **** up and tone his game down a little bit he'll be another name added to the list of 4th liners who've worn the CH jersey over the years.

As for your comment on the new philosophy within the management I agree with you, I'm glad that we're finally realizing what it takes to be a winning team and that adding rugged players is part of the formula. But I don't like when those players start having a say in the result of the game in a negative way.

Incognito24

Jan 30, 2013
Can't blame Budaj on this one... Did quite few save before White had his two stupid penalties..

Kaberle is the only D-man that's not following the pace..

Valois

Feb 12, 2012
Ottawa
Just got back from the game. I always follow the sens and the habs semi equally so I like these games usually because I don't care about the result.

I feel robbed because of the refs though - both the teams were buzzing in the first and the slew of penalties (I don't even remember them all it was effing ridiculous) just KILLED the momentum.

Habs looked tired, and it will be great when PK's back.

I thought Desharnais and Cole looked better, but not that great yet.

Emelin was solid as usual and it was a treat to see him. Bourque was really pushing too. I thought Ottawa played well without Spezza or Cowen although I won't get into specifics because this is a space for venting.

pachorella

Feb 19, 2009
montreal
There is no fairness in hockey or any other sports.

You either win or lose.

Budaj was not even close to being sharp. And that is what his job is. To be sharp after sitting on the bench (regardless of how many games he has sat on the bench).

who r u a dictator? players are people also!

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Interesting.

ah, wouldn't be a southernhab post without the ad hominem! :yo:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
no big deal....3 games in 4 nights , we could expect this result...
started our back up who hasn't played in 9 months...we can expect this result .

i don't care how good or bad Budaj played, we only got 1 goal, so who cares..

anyways next....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad