Habs lose 5-1, I watched the UFC at TVA Sports instead of half of the game.

Jerk Store*

The game was ruined by the refs.

1-1 until they called the 4 minutes on White. I know some people are blaming White but ****, Phillips was holding his stick against the board, White push him to loose his stick and got a penalty for that. And I understand his frustration that got him the extra 4 minutes.

Amstrong roughing penalty was a ****ing joke... and Bourque goalie interference aswell.

No excuse yes, but it sucks that the refs making an impact in the game

I have no problem with calling a spade a spade, but to pin it on the refs is lame. The calls were bad for both teams.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Anyway, the tale of the night was efficiency on the special teams and it's that simple. Other than that neither team was particularly impressive as a whole. Some individuals looks alright.

Agreed. Habs PK was brutal. Sens PK was in fine form, and vice versa on the PP.

The refs were terrible, but Montreal couldn't execute. That's about it.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Agreed on the part about White, but regarding Anderson - I'm not sure why people underrate him so much. He was absolutely brilliant in Florida, where he made 50+ saves almost every game. In Colorado, he struggled with the new system and it hurt his game a bit but in Ottawa, he's picked up his game again. Anderson is a solid starter for the Sens and is one of the bigger reasons why Ottawa made the playoffs last year.

Agree about Anderson. He's had that skill level for quite some time. I can remember him absolutely stealing games while in Florida - a lot. Like any goaltender he can get in a rut but stealing games is nothing new to him.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think Cole should play with the 2 Gally's until Patches gets back. Whenever he's been on the ice with those 2 they dominate in the offensive zone and create chances.

Gallagher-Galchenyuk-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Desharnais-Prust
White-Eller-Armstrong

At least until Patches gets back, IMO!

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
If you say so. I saw it live, and watched the replay multiple times. Armstrong made no effort to avoid the collision and threw himself into Smith. That was a clear penalty.

I have to agree. It looked like Armstrong realized he was about to run into Smith, and then decided to follow through since he was going to hit him anyway. If he had left it at just a little contact he might have gotten away with it, but I think the extra "oomph" he put into the collision is what got him busted.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Have the Habs been playing a passive PK system all season?

Personally, I'm not a big fan of that style of penalty killing.

With Price back there, it probably works quite well, as he's stellar, but otherwise you're often giving up free uncontested shots.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Have the Habs been playing a passive PK system all season?

Personally, I'm not a big fan of that style of penalty killing.

With Price back there, it probably works quite well, as he's stellar, but otherwise you're often giving up free uncontested shots.

I wouldn't say so. Last night the Sens were just quicker than the Habs. Habs had "concrete in their skates" so to speak.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Fair enough.

I thought I had caught them playing "passive box" earlier this season but maybe I was mistaken.

We've been playing some brutal PK all year. Not quite sure that it's a passive box, aggressive 1-2-1 diamond or a 2-2 collapsing scheme.

It's been a mess frankly, tough to characterize. Subban should really help in that aspect.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Oh, and I forgot to mention that the PK is pretty average this year. Lots of bad "couverture". But they can work on it in the next weeks.

I don't know which coach is working our PK but he needs to be reminded of how good Lars Eller was on the PK for Montreal.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
i been sayin it for the last few games,we need to stay outta the box.white cost us the game last night plain and simple.surprised he saw the ice after that.this has been going on all year,but our pp has bailed us out most nights.now that markov and diaz have come back down to earth ,its time to start playing disciplined.and getting our best d man back wont hurt either.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
i been sayin it for the last few games,we need to stay outta the box.white cost us the game last night plain and simple.surprised he saw the ice after that.this has been going on all year,but our pp has bailed us out most nights.now that markov and diaz have come back down to earth ,its time to start playing disciplined.and getting our best d man back wont hurt either.

Plain and simple a 5-1 score is not explained by a double minor. The battle of the goaltenders was as lopsided as it comes. Anderson is on fire, Budaj understandably was all over the place and not sharp from inactivity.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
it was 1-1 and we were holding our own.a stupid and selfish double minor made it 3-1 then they get alucky one right after.game over.it ll be interesting to see how therrien's "accountability" theme comes into play.i say sit whitey and send the message now.waaay too many selfish penalties lately ,actually every game we been takin them.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Please do not blame White nor Budaj, neither the refs for the loss.
If you want to blame someone, blame Subban. He was so invisible yesterday, can't even make a pass or a shot.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Fair enough.

I thought I had caught them playing "passive box" earlier this season but maybe I was mistaken.

well if im not wrong, under JM and cunneyworth, they used to play a high slot, very aggressive PK, now they seem to be playing a collapsing game on the pk. i dont like it one bit. its possible im wrong, but our pk's been bad this year - and it usually never is

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I don't see how a coaching staff can come into a team where the PK was already so good, and think that radically changing it would be a good idea.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
well if im not wrong, under JM and cunneyworth, they used to play a high slot, very aggressive PK, now they seem to be playing a collapsing game on the pk. i dont like it one bit. its possible im wrong, but our pk's been bad this year - and it usually never is

take a look around the league.a lot of teams are struggling on the penalty kill bigtime.much too early to worry.

Price 89

Aug 26, 2009
I know you shouldn't separate something that is working but why don't they try

Bourque-Eller-Gionta
Moen-Pleks-Cole
Gallagher-Galchenyuk-Prust
White-Desharnais ( or a cone)- Armstrong

Karl Pilkington

Feb 25, 2004
Ottawa
www.canadiens.com
I think I hate the Sens more than the Leafs and Bruins now.

I was at the game last night...

They are not gracious winners.. yeah the Leafs and Bs fans are obnoxious, but there's more substance to it.. there's a lot of hateful commentary and jabbing from Sens fans that doesn't come from the heart.. it's passive-aggressive to the max and it's like they're saying it but they don't really believe what they're saying..

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I was at the game last night...

They are not gracious winners.. yeah the Leafs and Bs fans are obnoxious, but there's more substance to it.. there's a lot of hateful commentary and jabbing from Sens fans that doesn't come from the heart.. it's passive-aggressive to the max and it's like they're saying it but they don't really believe what they're saying..

You mean there were fans left with 10 minutes to go in the game? Don't they usually leave to beat traffic?

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
well it was bound to happen, we ran up against a hot goalie, first real good team we faced all season, the boys didn't have their best. Our overall defensive game was to blame for this one IMO, defensman making low percentage pinch plays trying to force the forecheck, i think that style works against teams with less talent but when you meet a strong offensive team it can kill you....not too mention no Price to bail you out. Lets move on, at least the door is wide open to get PK back, and Patches get well soon. go habs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->