Habs lose 4-3... ugly

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
The easy one sits....White. While there are other options. Like Armstrong.

I'd sit an extra forward and bring in another D. Markov is either injured or bagged. He needs to be playing PP but much less 5 on 5. And Subban needs to be playing more minutes all around.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Did you guys expect this winning streak to keep going forever? It had to end. We're a team that still have a long way to go, and tonight is another proof.

Markov was not good. Diaz was putrid. And Price was not "Price".

And between you guys and I, if it wasn't about Kaberle, I would consider buying Gionta out this summer. That's how bad and useless he's looking.

Truth be said, we lost that game on special units. We dominated 32-23 after 3 in shots on goal, and we had 2 late PP opportunities that we ended up blowing up.

That was a stinker that had to happen at some point. Good news is we got 1 point out of it.

But yeah. Too many players looked like passengers out there.

Oddly, the Patches - Desharnais - Cole line probably player their best game thus far this season.

I didn't see Cole on that line... :sarcasm:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
MT using the ''we lost our energy in the 2nd half'' explanation in his PC.

Wow, only 2 questions.

It's pretty clear they've been exhausted. The kind of hockey we play is not easy, and we've been outplaying every opponent since the Leafs game. It's bad to give up the OT loss but honestly, the boys are gassed. I just wish we played the trap a bit more and gave PK more time.

Marky played poorly too.

Anyway, I'm out. See y'all next week.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
i blame all who were arrogantly chirping after our 2-0 lead saying how bad they were and how good we are etc.. when will we learn that karma's a b****..

other than that this was a very bad collapse ..but it was easy to see where things went wrong and i expect that things will be fix for next game.. and no more "days off from practice" for winning .. always practice!!! and the refs didnt help this game either.. non calls all over while giving the islanders some bogus calls.. but that happens to every team i guess so cant really complain too much about that .. oh well at least 6 ganes straight with at least a point .. ill nurse my wounds tonight with that lil tid bit i guess

DumFries

Jun 18, 2009
Shawinigan
The Habs had no energy tonight, period. They came out strong in the first and gave up towards the end. The Habs had two PP chances to come back but they were just tossing the puck around after. The Habs didn't care. Plain and simple.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Trying to be positive .....
Desharnais had a great game, Pax too. Eller continues to perform quite well.

Markov.... :facepalm: I don't know what to say.

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
This was a vintage game against them in MTL. It always seems like it features the Habs getting a lead, looking like they will win easy for a chunk of the game, then the momentum switches, the lead is blown and...most of the time we then we lose in OT or SO.

And I concur, the team looks gassed with this busy schedule. It seemed like we maxed out in the first period and had little energy after that.

Man, you summed up my thoughts exactly. I thought the same thing when the Isles tied the game up.

Jmac1160*

Gionta sucked but I think Cole played a solid game.

Yeah cole played a little better but its still crap. I didn't see his patented skate hard on the wing with the puck and shoot a useless shot on the net from the worst angle and waste a possession play. Gionta is starting to take over that role

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
It's time for a Gorges/Subban top pairing again.. The coaching staff isn't really gonna keep Subban with Cube on the 3rd pairing all season are they? Subban needs to be playing the most minutes on the Habs defense with a substantial increase in his PK minutes.

It's an absolute joke that Subban is playing the less minutes out of all the Habs D on the PK. Last season the Habs PK was great and the Subban/Gorges pairing was a big reason for it. Pathetic management of Subban's minutes by the Habs coaching staff.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
i blame all who were arrogantly chirping after our 2-0 lead saying how bad they were and how good we are etc.. when will we learn that karma's a b****..

other than that this was a very bad collapse ..but it was easy to see where things went wrong and i expect that things will be fix for next game.. and no more "days off from practice" for winning .. always practice!!! and the refs didnt help this game either.. non calls all over while giving the islanders some bogus calls.. but that happens to every team i guess so cant really complain too much about that .. oh well at least 6 ganes straight with at least a point .. ill nurse my wounds tonight with that lil tid bit i guess

So... what people say here has an influence on the actual game? Really?

BTW. Days off from practice are mandatory. Teams must have minimum 4 days off a month. They usually have one per week. After having played two back to back games.. I expected them to have off yesterday.

Lets not blame the refs here. It's getting old.

Jmac1160*

Price is playing amazing this year but let's be honest he had an off night.

your joking right? did you watch the game? Are you saying he should have been superman and save impossible saves? open your eyes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad