Habs lose 4-1 to Stars Leading scorer Seguin and Garbutt edition

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
if it was me, i would put the young guys, we still have some old ones , it would not be like Edmonton. We are going nowhere as it is.

Sekac Galchenyuk Gallagher
Pacioretty Plekanec a young one
Prust Eller another young with talent on defense also.
Bournival Desharnais Weise

Forgot Parenteau ...

Markov Subban
Emelin Nygren
Tinordi or Beaulieu Gonchar or Gilbert.

we have spare parts still...

Quid Enim.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I think Pacioretty really changed his style after that Chara hit. Before that hit, do you guys remember how reckless he played? He reminded me a lot of guys like Kreider and Hall. He would just explode onto the ice, cut to the net, skate to corners and while it was great to watch, he was often injured because of it (the best example being the Chara injury). He's changed his game since. You rarely see him cut to the net or go full force to the net. I wish he would find a happy medium but I can't blame him. The guy almost died on the ice.
Letang suspension and/or the injury from Timmonen's skate when crashing the net in the lockout-shortened season might have also had an effect.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Interestingly, Bruins fans were just as unhappy about this game as Hab fans. Why, Because they saw Seguin at work. Let's be thankful the Bruins didn't retain him.

DoctorPurple

Jun 9, 2014
Montreal, Canada
So what were the lines at the end of the game?

Was DD really on the 3rd? That's amazing!

Also, why does Andrighetto get to play center and not Galchy? :shakehead

I agree that Beaulieu and Tinordi should both be playing. Gonchar is the best out of Weaver, Gilbert and Allen.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
As much as we all hate Therrien, he isn't going anywhere. I honestly think if Bergevin was to step in and can JJ and hire a competent defenseman coach this team could really benefit. Someone with the acumen and stones to step up to Therrien and tell him where he's going wrong because it's quite evident these 2 don't have that.

Any asshat in the 2nd row can tell you his line up is out of wack and he's not using the players to their best ability. Why not fire an assistant and get someone else, what harm could it possibly do? At the very least it sends a message to the other dolts to get their **** together.

I guess I just wish they had waited for a weekend and hired Big Bird, that man knows how to coach defensemen.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
As much as we all hate Therrien, he isn't going anywhere. I honestly think if Bergevin was to step in and can JJ and hire a competent defenseman coach this team could really benefit. Someone with the acumen and stones to step up to Therrien and tell him where he's going wrong because it's quite evident these 2 don't have that.

Any asshat in the 2nd row can tell you his line up is out of wack and he's not using the players to their best ability. Why not fire an assistant and get someone else, what harm could it possibly do? At the very least it sends a message to the other dolts to get their **** together.

I guess I just wish they had waited for a weekend and hired Big Bird, that man knows how to coach defensemen.

I can only dream of what Robinson could have done with Tinordi and Beaulieu. Oh and Subban. What could have been...

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I can only dream of what Robinson could have done with Tinordi and Beaulieu. Oh and Subban. What could have been...

It's not too late. They can still get someone of that caliber if they just admit they made a mistake and move on from J.J. who is atrocious. Honestly, in my opinion he's worse than Therrien and that's saying a lot.

At the end of the day though, we all know Gallant was important but who knew he was the glue between the players and coaching staff.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Don't mind me, I'll just leave you with this and do what the Habs' D have problems doing, i.e. get the puck outta here ;)

LQe8mS5.png

:D

:bow:

Have I mentioned how often you make my day?

The nicest compliment I have ever seen paid to anyone here. And well-deserved too.

Blou, I'll gladly add my voice to the above and thank-you for all you do, good Sir. :handclap:

Awwww, schucks, guys, thanks :blush:

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
It's not too late. They can still get someone of that caliber if they just admit they made a mistake and move on from J.J. who is atrocious. Honestly, in my opinion he's worse than Therrien and that's saying a lot.

At the end of the day though, we all know Gallant was important but who knew he was the glue between the players and coaching staff.

Ya Gallant was the biggest part of that coaching staff. JJ comes off as an idiot from what I've seen in 24CH. Him and Therrien are waaaaay to similar to be coaching the same team. Each one reinforces the other one's dumb ideas. Every time Therrien addresses the team, if you look at their facial expressions, nobody takes him seriously. He's a joke.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sean Davidson @sh00n_ · 3h 3 hours ago
Glass half empty: this #Habs team sucks. Glass half full: if we keep playing this bad Therrien is fired.

Admit it -- how many of you are entertaining the same coping mechanism? :sarcasm:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Ya Gallant was the biggest part of that coaching staff. JJ comes off as an idiot from what I've seen in 24CH. Him and Therrien are waaaaay to similar to be coaching the same team. Each one reinforces the other one's dumb ideas. Every time Therrien addresses the team, if you look at their facial expressions, nobody takes him seriously. He's a joke.

I think there might be something to the rumours of Gorges and Gionta sticking up for Therrien and keeping the team on his side because now that they're gone everyone seems to be tuning him out. Maybe I'm looking into too much because I don't like him and think he's in inept coach, but maybe not.

However, I do think they have to do something and I don't think firing Therrien is an option right now. As much as I would hate for them to pull and Edmonton, firing an assistant could spark the coaching staff and team a bit. Mind you, it won't be the goalie coach but it could be J.J! :handclap::handclap:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Admit it -- how many of you are entertaining the same coping mechanism? :sarcasm:

It's disappointing no matter how you look at it. Not good enough to compete and not bad enough for McDavid. Seriously though, look at the collapses Randy Carlyle has survived; Therrien isn't going anywhere.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Going trough bad stretches during a season is normal. What will be interesting is the adjustments the team will make.

We finally saw lines making sense during the third, I pray these lines can stay that way a few games to see what results they can bring.

With Weaver possibly injured (?), we might see one or two (we can hope) young D called up and inserted in the roster. As none of our young D looked that bad while they were here, I guess we should consider that an improvement over the current situation.
I'd rather lose because of rookie mistakes that leaves hope for improvement than because of old, slow D that are just gonna be even slower as time goes by.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
If DD is centering Pacioretty next game that's it. I'll still watch the games for Price, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, and Subban, but other than that I'll be pretty emotionally checked out. This team is going nowhere with Therrien.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It's disappointing no matter how you look at it. Not good enough to compete and not bad enough for McDavid. Seriously though, look at the collapses Randy Carlyle has survived; Therrien isn't going anywhere.

I hope MB is brighter than the Laughs GM.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
So what were the lines at the end of the game?

Was DD really on the 3rd? That's amazing!

Also, why does Andrighetto get to play center and not Galchy? :shakehead

I agree that Beaulieu and Tinordi should both be playing. Gonchar is the best out of Weaver, Gilbert and Allen.

Actually during the third period, the lines were the following:

Pac - Galch - Gally
Sekac - Plek - Ghetto
Prust - DD - PAP
ET - MM - Weise

Pretty much what many people were hoping for since a while. I hope things stay that way, a shame it took Eller's injury to finally get decent line combinations.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Actually during the third period, the lines were the following:

Pac - Galch - Gally
Sekac - Plek - Ghetto
Prust - DD - PAP
ET - MM - Weise

Pretty much what many people were hoping for since a while. I hope things stay that way, a shame it took Eller's injury to finally get decent line combinations.

Next game lines:

Pac - DD - Weise
Galch - Plek - Gally
Sekac- Ghetto/Eller - PAP
ET- MM - Prust

Rispek DA PLAN

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Next game lines:

Pac - DD - Weise
Galch - Plek - Gally
Sekac- Ghetto/Eller - PAP
ET- MM - Prust

Rispek DA PLAN

Well, I actually think Therrien will keep the lines we saw in the 3rd tonight next game. Here's my theory on his logic: he didn't want to panick because Eller was injured at the start of the game tonight so he gave a last shot at our previous lineup. Once the evidence was made that this wasn't working anymore, he changed his lines in the third. Following this, he justified the change in line combinations with our crappy 1st and 2nd periods, so he shouldn't have to revert back to them.

We'll see what happens next game.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Well its Galchenyuk's chance, unfortunately he will likely need to be lights out to keep that spot.

We all know MT, we have all seen line changes for periods even games, and if it doesn't show almost immediate results he goes back to his old trusty lines.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
If Ghetto can prove he is an nhl calliber player, I think these are our best lines

Patches-Eller-Sekac (big bodies who can create offense)
Chucky-Pleks-Ghetto (Create players who can create offense)
Gally-DD-PaP (DD & PAP have creativity and Gally can create space for them)
Prust-Manny-Weise (All three are responsible players and Weise can chip in offense)

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I think Pacioretty really changed his style after that Chara hit. Before that hit, do you guys remember how reckless he played? He reminded me a lot of guys like Kreider and Hall. He would just explode onto the ice, cut to the net, skate to corners and while it was great to watch, he was often injured because of it (the best example being the Chara injury). He's changed his game since. You rarely see him cut to the net or go full force to the net. I wish he would find a happy medium but I can't blame him. The guy almost died on the ice.

This is how Sekac plays now.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Well its Galchenyuk's chance, unfortunately he will likely need to be lights out to keep that spot.

We all know MT, we have all seen line changes for periods even games, and if it doesn't show almost immediate results he goes back to his old trusty lines.

As long as the experiment is for more than only one period, he'll be lights out.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Interestingly, Bruins fans were just as unhappy about this game as Hab fans. Why, Because they saw Seguin at work. Let's be thankful the Bruins didn't retain him.

I'm sure his Alma Mater, Diving U, is disappointed that Seguin is not plying his trade in Beantown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad