Habs lose 4-1 to Stars Leading scorer Seguin and Garbutt edition

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
I havent been happy with how Patches has been playing, he shouldnt have a letter on his jersey if he is going to call it in most nights. as for lineup next game Id like to see

Sekac - Pleks - Ghetto
Patches - Chucky- P.A
Gally - DD - Bournival
Prust- MM - Weise

Id like to see them call Tinordi/Beau back up and get rid of Allen(Just too slow to be effective)

Its time to split the duo up ... Im not a DD basher Ive defended him but they need to change something up because these first period starts are brutal.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I havent been happy with how Patches has been playing, he shouldnt have a letter on his jersey if he is going to call it in most nights. as for lineup next game Id like to see

Sekac - Pleks - Ghetto
Patches - Chucky- P.A
Gally - DD - Bournival
Prust- MM - Weise

Id like to see them call Tinordi/Beau back up and get rid of Allen(Just too slow to be effective)

Its time to split the duo up ... Im not a DD basher Ive defended him but they need to change something up because these first period starts are brutal.

Pacioretty's been playing a sniper's game cause his "line" can't generate offense any other way.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Andrighetto
Sekac - Galchenyuk - Paranteau
Prust - Desharnais - Gallagher

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
I've promised myself I'm not even gonna get upset anymore, it's not worth it.

Coach is bad, that's all there is to it.

Any argument you send my way, my response will be....

"10 seconds left in a period, you have the best faceoff guy in the ENTIRE LEAGUE sitting on the bench while theirs a draw in your own zone.

And don't get me started on how he never has the team ready to go in the first period, players get party blame for that but it's the coaches job to have them ready.

Our defence sucks"

That's it, that's all

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Lots of floaters out there. Something is wrong in the way they defend mainly with the position of the wingers....to high at time.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007

"10 seconds left in a period, you have the best faceoff guy in the ENTIRE LEAGUE sitting on the bench while theirs a draw in your own zone.

And don't get me started on how he never has the team ready to go in the first period, players get party blame for that but it's the coaches job to have them ready.

Our defence sucks"

That's it, that's all

:handclap:
Bring back memory of Perrault?vs the Canes?
This team have pack it in for this coaching staff.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
so i was at a xmas party last night a missed the game which is extremely rare for me.
I taped the game and for the first time in 30 years I may not even watch a game considering the effort they seem to put in.
I figure if they are going to crap the bed why would I waste my time watching it:help:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Admit it -- how many of you are entertaining the same coping mechanism? :sarcasm:

It's been my coping mechanism since the beginning of the season when I saw how we were playing but still winning.

Oh, and here's a nice repost:

epsl8.jpg

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Our defence sucks"

That's it, that's all
Well said...couldn't agree more, we are all tiring of the same mistakes over and over by a coach who just seems out to lunch...it's beyond tiresome...:shakehead

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Pacioretty's been playing a sniper's game cause his "line" can't generate offense any other way.

Or his line can't generate offense any other way because Pacioretty only plays a "sniper's game". The egg or the chicken ?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

Our defence sucks"

That's it, that's all

When it was happening I typed out about being angry that he has DD out there for that draw, and as the post was sending Dallas scored. So I would agree with you on this haha.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Or his line can't generate offense any other way because Pacioretty only plays a sniper's game. The egg or the chicken ?

Or maybe one player on his line has never scored more than 4 goals in an NHL season and the other hasn't scored at ES in over 50 games?

Not sure how that line is supposed to generate ANY offence if not through a Patch shot. Unless you suggest Patch work his ass off down low and pass the puck to Davey / Weise?

It's about time we see what Pacioretty can do with quality forwards. Even if his personal production remains the same, I'll be happy because the line will likely be more dominant and dangerous. It'll also give Galchenyuk a chance to work on his 2 way game as a centre, because their line will likely play a tough role.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If Ghetto can prove he is an nhl calliber player, I think these are our best lines

Patches-Eller-Sekac (big bodies who can create offense)
Chucky-Pleks-Ghetto (Create players who can create offense)
Gally-DD-PaP (DD & PAP have creativity and Gally can create space for them)
Prust-Manny-Weise (All three are responsible players and Weise can chip in offense)
I'd switch Chucky and Patches. My desired lines are;

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Andrighetto
Sekac-Eller-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Desharnais-Parenteau

Whichever line is playing best, gets the minutes and the PP minutes that night. Plain and simple. Obviously, that's once Eller is healthy.

Right now, I'd probably go with;

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Andrighetto
Sekac-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Bournival-Desharnais-Parenteau
Prust-Malhotra-Weise

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Or maybe one player on his line has never scored more than 4 goals in an NHL season and the other hasn't scored at ES in over 50 games?

Not sure how that line is supposed to generate ANY offence if not through a Patch shot. Unless you suggest Patch work his ass off down low and pass the puck to Davey / Weise?

It's about time we see what Pacioretty can do with quality forwards. Even if his personal production remains the same, I'll be happy because the line will likely be more dominant and dangerous. It'll also give Galchenyuk a chance to work on his 2 way game as a centre, because their line will likely play a tough role.

I obviously don't think he should be working his ass off to feed DD goals (and it's usually the reverse that's been happening anyway), cause that would be a waste of everyone's effort. But, ignoring the recent addition of Weise to that line, he's usually had a decent to good scoring winger on the right side like Gallagher, Parenteau or Vanek. Are you telling me that passing to these guys after fighting for the puck is a waste of Pacioretty's talent ? He's too good for that ?

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
I think we can win with this lineup despite Therrien. If the right players are at the right spot. And by very slow trial and error or if someone forces his hand, I'm still optimistic he'll get there at some point. If not, stupid will only get you so far (playing DD as 1C, icing the oldest possible Ds together, etc...).

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I obviously don't think he should be working his ass off to feed DD goals (and it's usually the reverse that's been happening anyway), cause that would be a waste of everyone's effort. But, ignoring the recent addition of Weise to that line, he's usually had a decent to good scoring winger on the right side like Gallagher, Parenteau or Vanek. Are you telling me that passing to these guys after fighting for the puck is a waste of Pacioretty's talent ? He's too good for that ?

Of those three, only Vanek's shot is anywhere near Patches'. And when they were playing together, Vanek was scoring, but the line was a disaster at even strength.

I thought we established that Patches is not a grinder nor a powerfoward, but a 2way sniper that uses his IQ and skating to get into possession for a goal. He leads the team in takeaways and has been great on the PK. Sure, it would be nice to see him work a bit harder down low, but would that really make him more effective? He needs to play with players that can win battles on their own, make plays between themselves, and find him when he sneaks into the slot.

If there's one thing, I wish he'd work harder in his own end and play a transition game rather than cheating to the blue line whenever the D gets the puck. But the fact that he's played in a very heavy offensive role for 2 years now definitely doesn't help that. He'll eventually come around though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad