Habs lose 4-1 to Stars Leading scorer Seguin and Garbutt edition

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Hudon is absolutely lighting the AHL on fire. It's gonna be very hard to leave him there all season.

Didn't realize he leads the league in scoring... as a rookie. And he's known for his defensive game. I thought he was a steal after the draft, but kind of fell off the radar. Nice to see him succeeding.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Plug Hudon and Ghetto on the top 2 lines.

When everyone is healthy, I'd love to at least try:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto
Sekac - Plekanec - Gallagher
Hudon - Eller - PAP
Prust - Malholtra - Weise
Bournival

Sorry DD.

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Gonchar
Beaulieu - Gilbert
Tinordi

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
That will be step one lol. Last Galchenyuk at center was what, 6 shifts before Therrien reverted back

Remember this is the coach who developed Crosby and Malkin...
How? Malkin stayed in Russia an extra year and then came into the NHL scoring 85 in 78. Crosby stepped into the league already ready to go scoring over 100 pts. Only thing Therrien can brag about is playing Malkin on the PK during those years.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
How? Malkin stayed in Russia an extra year and then came into the NHL scoring 85 in 78. Crosby stepped into the league already ready to go scoring over 100 pts. Only thing Therrien can brag about is playing Malkin on the PK during those years.

You may need to work on your sarcasm radar

Aug 25, 2009
éal
So if MT decide to split Pacio and DD, should Pacioretty play with Plekanec or Galchenyuk?

Plekanec and him has good chemistry going on on the PK. Galchenyuk and Gallagher belong together. What about this?

Sekac - Desharnais - Parenteau
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Andrighetto
Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
So if MT decide to split Pacio and DD, should Pacioretty play with Plekanec or Galchenyuk?

Plekanec and him has good chemistry going on on the PK. Galchenyuk and Gallagher belong together. What about this?

Galchenyuk should be with someone who can finish. Gallagher can score 20 goals but he's far from a finisher, he's a crash and bang around the crease kind of player. And Prust is an offense killer. I think Galchenyuk should at minimum have Sekac & Gallagher although I'd prefer him to have Pacioretty & Andrighetto.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

I think it was sarcasm.

Nobody would pretend Crosby needed to be developed.

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
When your def is not playing so well and your team don't score a lot of goal your goalie as to steal some games ... but for the last 6-7 games Price as been realy so so...is laterals movements as been realy bad for this 6-7 games stretch... he as to step up and be more agressive on the puck... he is 13th in the league for save% and be suppose to be in the top 5

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Sekac - Plekanec - Andrighetto
Prust/Bournival - Desharnais - Parenteau
Prust/Bournival - Malholtra - Weise

Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Gonchar
Emelin/Tinordi - Gilbert

...it's time...:nod:

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Remember this is the coach who developed Crosby and Malkin...

LOOOOOL :lol:

Yea he made them better persons.

zCghCDM.gif

;)

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal

Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Gonchar
Emelin/Tinordi - Gilbert

Yes. We need to try this at least until Eller is back. And then we decide what we do. It is up to Galchenyuk to rise to the occasion.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Gonchar
Emelin/Tinordi - Gilbert

I like it but personally would swap Pacioretty and Sekac.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

you keep the least productive of those 3 C on the first line, have our best goal scorer on the 2nd, and a rookie over a (relatively) proven Gallagher...

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Thanks. Could also swap Ghetto and Gally, but I don't like Chucky and Gally together. They both want to hold the puck, and their play styles don't mesh well.

I tend to agree about Chucky and Gally. Gally's game is much more north - south, straight to the net and would thrive on a line with Lars.

A player with Chucky's vision and IQ needs to play with a creative goal scoring winger that can find openings in the offensive zone. I thought he showed great chemistry with Pap, both creative players. I'm hoping he'll be some given the time to develop some with Patch...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad