Habs lose 4-1 to rookie coach with temper issues

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Bergevin hired the wrong coach.

Also I just read this thread quickly and noticed people are back to calling Eller a 3rd liner with no vision. Amazing.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Let me put it this way.

Subban is a world class defenseman. One that is very hard to come by. Michel Therrien will rip him a new arse if he messes up because he expects better from him. He doesn't think a talent of Subban's level should be losing his man so easily or turning the puck over the way he did. When Subban has a great game, well... yeah, he is very talented so he SHOULD be having great games like this.

I don't agree it's the approach you should always take as a coach, but I understand where he is coming from.

what's bothering me is the fact subban looks hesitant on the ice, over-thinking, and second guessing his decision making instead of letting his natural talent take over.

no doubt we expect more from subban, but sometimes focusing on the good will be more effective than the couple mistakes. it's not like pk isn't aware of these mistakes..

the big changes I want to see in pk's game was his dumb penalties because he does a lot of the right things on the ice, but now he's playing the game 'safe' and it's preventing his game changing aspect that had forwards being the one questioning what subban was going to do.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
The only positive for me was Pac playing with the kids. Hopefully they keep that together.

beaverBFP

Dec 24, 2008
Winnipeg
What you pointed out is the play that makes PK a smart and effective player to re launch the attack. He slows down the fore checker, avoids injury, and comes away with the puck. Going head first into the boards and taking a hit isn't brave or effective, it's dumb.

The goal is to maintain possession and put your team in a position to create offense, not take hits.

I was going to post something like this but your did a pretty good job of covering it :p

+1

beaverBFP

Dec 24, 2008
Winnipeg
Did anyone else think that Chuckie-Patches were dynamite together? Please put Chuck at center, he looked more assertive especially down low.

Also, people need to stop freaking out about the Subban comments. ****ing ridiculous, people are saying trade him. If this was happening every game then yea we should be worried..

Mumbo

Aug 6, 2013
First post on HF..read them everyday and have a question so I registered:

Am I missing something about why Diaz is in the NHL? You never hear his name (like he's always flying under the radar) and to be honest he's pretty brutal..doesn't do very much for our team

If I'm posting this in the wrong place please let me know lol

He was better before his injury IMO...At the moment he is better than Beaulieu or Tinordi though.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
He's been better than either Bouillon or Murray, too. Defensemen who do the little things right aren't very appreciated.

I haven't been thrilled with Diaz this year, but he's miles ahead of Bouillon and Murray even if he doesn't hit.

Bouillon looks toast. He annoyed me last year but he was relatively good when only asked to be a bottom pairing defender. This year he's a disaster.

Diaz is soft but at least he's a better decision maker than the Cube. I'm not sure I want him back next year but he's not the problem.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
I haven't been thrilled with Diaz this year, but he's miles ahead of Bouillon and Murray even if he doesn't hit.

Bouillon looks toast. He annoyed me last year but he was relatively good when only asked to be a bottom pairing defender. This year he's a disaster.

Diaz is soft but at least he's a better decision maker than the Cube. I'm not sure I want him back next year but he's not the problem.

Bouillon is so quick to panic when he gets the puck. It's as if there's someone holding his family hostage with their request being "You'll never see your family alive again if you hold the puck more than half a second."

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Ok, i'm done with MT. I was a fan since we hired him but now, i want him fired. I'm so feaking tired to see him throw his players Under the bus in his post-game conference. One day it's Eller, the other day it's Subban, etc.. I'm tired of his ****.

I don't very like the treatement he's giving to Subban. I hope MB notice it before it's too late. :rant:

Fire that clown.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Bouillon is so quick to panic when he gets the puck. It's as if there's someone holding his family hostage with their request being "You'll never see your family alive again if you hold the puck more than half a second."

It's interesting that a veteran who managed to have a pretty successful career despite being so undersized could be such a horrible decision maker. He's actually has a fair bit of skill, but doesn't do a good job using it.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

I agree, overall diaz isn't where he was early last season, which is disappointing. Bouillon while bad, is also playing on his off side because of how awful Murray would be on the right.

Take a minute to let that sink in. Bouillon on the right side right now is better than what Murray would be on the right. *shivers*

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I agree, overall diaz isn't where he was early last season, which is disappointing. Bouillon while bad, is also playing on his off side because of how awful Murray would be on the right.

Take a minute to let that sink in. Bouillon on the right side right now is better than what Murray would be on the right. *shivers*

Emelin really can't come back soon enough.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
I like chuckie at center... Got him more involved!
With Eller and Chuckie at center, we do have two big centers, we need another big winger!

Patches----Chuckie----Leblanc?
Bourque---Eller---Gallagher
Bournival---Pleky---Ginota

We are week on the RW (Not Biere!) and need a 4th line with some hockey sense.

Stewart from St.Louis?

We have some nice pieces but need two more top 6 forwards to really contend!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bouillon's "special moves" include
Getting completely lost in his defensive zone and covering his own teammates rather than attackers.
Killing a promising cycle with the weakest wrist shot of all time.

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
Michel... You keep on instilling the concept of TEAM during the pre-game talks and beyond, yet you blame that loss on one player? Équipe, équipe, équipe... What`s the point of singling Subban out? Disgusting! That`s ****ing low Michel.

Well he's not really singling out Subban... I'm sure if the dman at fault was someone else, he would have said the same thing. Blown cover on Mackinnon's goal and soft and lazy play on the 3rd goal. Happens both times it was Subban.

Not sure why people on hfboards are so sensitive whenever it's about Subban.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Ok, i'm done with MT. I was a fan since we hired him but now, i want him fired. I'm so feaking tired to see him throw his players Under the bus in his post-game conference. One day it's Eller, the other day it's Subban, etc.. I'm tired of his ****.

I don't very like the treatement he's giving to Subban. I hope MB notice it before it's too late. :rant:

Fire that clown.

Well these guys haven't done a good job lately. Would you rather have Noel?
We are playing above expectation given this roster overall and you can thank the coach and the goalies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Well he's not really singling out Subban... I'm sure if the dman at fault was someone else, he would have said the same thing. Blown cover on Mackinnon's goal and soft and lazy play on the 3rd goal. Happens both times it was Subban.

Not sure why people on hfboards are so sensitive whenever it's about Subban.

There was no mention of the 4th line (Parros) and Bouillon against Minnesota.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
what's bothering me is the fact subban looks hesitant on the ice, over-thinking, and second guessing his decision making instead of letting his natural talent take over.

no doubt we expect more from subban, but sometimes focusing on the good will be more effective than the couple mistakes. it's not like pk isn't aware of these mistakes..

the big changes I want to see in pk's game was his dumb penalties because he does a lot of the right things on the ice, but now he's playing the game 'safe' and it's preventing his game changing aspect that had forwards being the one questioning what subban was going to do.

Therrien had neutered our best player. Subban has to be Subban. Leave him be. The pros outweigh the cons

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Bouillon's "special moves" include
Getting completely lost in his defensive zone and covering his own teammates rather than attackers.
Killing a promising cycle with the weakest wrist shot of all time.

If Bouillon is in a forest, and there's no one around, does his point shot still hit a defenders shin pad?

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Subban played weakly on both goals, he deserved to be chewed out. Problem is when you do it each and every single time for the most Pejorative Slured reasons it tends to diminish the effect of when he truly needs to hear it. Subban should just tune him out but I truly believe he's a team player and will just take repeated abuse from this moron which can't be good in the long run.

In fact, the reasons he looked like **** tonight is a direct result of Therrien ****ing with his mojo these past few weeks. Therrien needs to be fired like yesterday.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
Id like to see:
Max Pacioretty - Alex Galchenyuk - Brendan Gallagher
Michael Bournival - Tomas Plekanec - Brian Gionta
Rene Bourque - Lars Eller - Louis Leblanc
Michael Blunden - Ryan White - George Parros
Press Box: David Desharnais

When everyones healthy:
Max Pacioretty - Alex Galchenyuk - Brendan Gallagher
Rene Bourque - Lars Eller - Daniel Briere
Brandon Prust - Tomas Plekanec - Brian Gionta
Travis Moen - Michael Bournival - Ryan White

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
i rather blunden than moen...they are pretty close. blunden is a better skater

With all due respect I could not disagree more strongly with you. Blunden is not an NHL player while Moen brings a lot to this team, kills penalties, fights much better than Blunden, is very versatile and is very responsible defensively. He is also a proven winner, scored 7 goals for Anaheim during their Cup run.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
A possible future lethal line- Gally-Pacioretty centered by Chuckie. Size, skill, speed and tenacity.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Therrien had neutered our best player. Subban has to be Subban. Leave him be. The pros outweigh the cons

The funny thing is, by all accounts, there are less cons with subban than with most of the other concensus top D in the league. His defensive lapses are incredibly overstated, his overall defensive game completely underrated. It's sad. Even so called hockey analysts would rather continue the narrative than actually watch the guy play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad