Post-Game Talk: Habs let down Price again, lose 2-1 in double OT

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Where does throwing players under the bus like we saw with eller and sekac fit in with your sports psychology?

He doesnt say they suck, just no skill....

It's as I said... Therrien will do whatever it takes to protect his own little person. At least that's what it looks like.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Can t fault the habs players they tried their best!! habs do not have the personnel This year to beat this team!!! MB f it up!!!

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
People on HF after a loss.

98b39b21ff008afaa5cba1e79fc611b2ddb64b3f44f57e792397c517768f4433.jpg

DD51*

If the Habs play as good as yesterday night or a bit better, they gonna win this series.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I know I'm late to the party but I don't feel like going through 19 pages worth of posts... I thought Prust & PAP played their best games of the season.

Vinc360

Apr 3, 2008
I believe in this team and I think we'll have a strong game tomorrow.

Tampa played well and Bishop was stellar.

Not going to cry about the early whistle, blown offside call, and ridiculous penalties because I know this stuff can happen to either team, as evidenced by the last game against Ottawa.

However, I want this team to be ready for Game 2 and I want to see more finish from them.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
These teams are really evenly matched. Every game is going to be a nail bitter and I think it will go back and forth.

For the most part, I agree with this... as long we the Habs win the next one. If not, it will be short series. If they do, I could see them taking one of the next two in Tampa.

I too would put Galchenyuk with Eller, as well as insert Hudon. More Eller on the PP as well.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
For the most part, I agree with this... as long we the Habs win the next one. If not, it will be short series. If they do, I could see them taking one of the next two in Tampa.

I too would put Galchenyuk with Eller, as well as insert Hudon. More Eller on the PP as well.

I would either put the EGG line back together or put Chuck back at C.

" Yea well we aren't scoring much so I better put one of my most offensive forwards on the first line." #therrienlogic.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I thought Pateryn was terrible and all night I knew he was going to cost us the game if we didn't score.

I thought the Gilbert and Pateryn pairing was one of our worst last night. Beaulieu's injury is having a bigger affect on the bottom pairing than I thought.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
It doesn't matter. I'm just pointing the fact that Bourque was huge in the playoffs last year. He sucked in the regular season, but at least he was good in the playoffs.

Even then, it was mostly in the first round he was good. He was total ass after that with the exception of the game 5 hat-trick against the Rangers.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Both played REALLY well.

Eller, Mitchell, DSP all played really well too.

The whole team save for maybe Galchenyuk played well. And even Galchenyuk had his moments in the game. Patch had a very good game imo. Plekanec was okay. Gallagher played well. Eller too. Pretty much all players had their good moments in the game.

The problem is not the way we played. I think we were the better team on the ice. The problem is the lack is any production by some guys. If it was this year only we could say ok this is not their year but for some of those players it's been this way for the last 3 years.

They play well but they can't finish. You can't buy skills at a grocery store sadly.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
If the Habs play as good as yesterday night or a bit better, they gonna win this series.

Well, if they do that, chances are they will, but still could go either way.

Luck plays a big part in all of it.

But chances are TB is going to play better at some point and chances are we are going to play worse.

Either way, losing the first game doesn't bode well.

punk255

Mar 15, 2014

I agreed with you

But you have to consider TP could play better and first game was the best time to beat them because they where tire from last series.

Also Habs didnt win agains them this year. This means TB have a serious
psychological advantage and bother Habs players/coach mind right now.
So it's harder to win even when Habs play a good game

I think Habs first win agains TB will give them a big release and should do big change
in series. But I hope they will win at least one

MT have to make change and take chance because Habs will not beat TB only with Price

So for me the most important thing is => win one game

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
If the habs lose t I suspect his series I suspect Therrien's job is still safe, however how many coaches keep their jobs when going 0-3 in 3 years in series started on home ice? I would imagine that his job would still be safe but that Bergevin will begin to re-evaluate the coaching problem if we do.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Prust complements Eller's style really well, they just need a finisher with them, I don't think those two should be separated unless you put the EGG line back together.

Wnning goal aside, Pateryn had a solid game last night, he might just have earned himself a regular spot with the roster next season.

Personally, I'd like to see Gallagher with Prust & Eller. Forechecking demons.

Prust - Eller - Gallagher
Patches - Pekanec - Weise
Chucky - Mitchell - Pap
DLR - DD - DSP

We really need Chucky to step up his game. I might even sit DLR in favour of Hudon or Thomas. But, MT won't.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I would either put the EGG line back together or put Chuck back at C.

" Yea well we aren't scoring much so I better put one of my most offensive forwards on the first line." #therrienlogic.

This. Chucky's best hockey this year was at C and we were winning but if that ain't happening then yes try the EGG line again. Alex on the 3rd with Oompa or the 4th is a waste

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
This series is over. Can't win in playoffs while scoring just one goal and we can't score more than one. Would like to blame the players but this is all on MT and MB. When you have DLR on one line, prust on another and DSP on another one you can't blame the players.

lirl no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad