Habs Learning to Score at Practice

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Remember when MSL showed a trick to Caufield for the PP and he scored 2 games later with that same exact trick they practiced? Everyone was ecstatic '' WOW JUST LIKE MSL SHOWED HIM, WHAT A GREAT COACH ''

He's doing it on a bigger scale now and everyone is crying.

w a t

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I ran the bench for a few games and ran practice in both football and hockey at lower levels for fun.

You know whats funny ? Before being hired, I probably had more coaching experience than St-Louis as a coach! LOL.

Being a good F1 pilot does not make you an engineer.

MSL had 2 years head coach experience in peewee (plus a few more as assistant coach) and experience as a special teams consultant in the NHL prior to being hired by Montreal.

You do not have more experience if what you did was run practice and coach a few games.

Reactions: Runner77

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
MSL had 2 years head coach experience in peewee (plus a few more as assistant coach) and experience as a special teams consultant in the NHL prior to being hired by Montreal.

You do not have more experience if what you did was run practice and coach a few games.
Who cares, you realise how ridiculous this is?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Remember when MSL showed a trick to Caufield for the PP and he scored 2 games later with that same exact trick they practiced? Everyone was ecstatic '' WOW JUST LIKE MSL SHOWED HIM, WHAT A GREAT COACH ''

He's doing it on a bigger scale now and everyone is crying.

w a t
Thats actually nice advice though. One on one skill development is not the same as hmm lets shoot on the shooter tutor all together.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Thats actually nice advice though. One on one skill development is not the same as hmm lets shoot on the shooter tutor all together.
ted-lasso-afc-richmond.gif

It's practice. We're talking about practice, they clearly need it, they can't finish anything.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
ted-lasso-afc-richmond.gif

It's practice. We're talking about practice, they clearly need it, they can't finish anything.
If he took time with X and Y and Z to work on shooting weaknesses id be happy. Having players just rip piss missiles at an empty net does not a lot. But yes its practice, I take this is a random training day.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Slaf and Anderson better be the 1sy guys on and last guys off.
Slaf has been doing extra practice time quite a bit since the season started, some with Adam Nicholas working on specific things even.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I don't know why people are questioning the experience level of MSL, it's not as if the old boys' club/recycled coaching fraternity is any better. We had Martin, Therrien and Julien and none of them would be able to get more out of a bottom 10 roster than he is getting. We couldn't score last night because Markstrom was on his game, it happens. How many nights did Pricer stop da puck do that for us?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I don't know why people are questioning the experience level of MSL, it's not as if the old boys' club/recycled coaching fraternity is any better. We had Martin, Therrien and Julien and none of them would be able to get more out of a bottom 10 roster than he is getting. We couldn't score last night because Markstrom was on his game, it happens. How many nights did Pricer stop da puck do that for us?
Since the Habs couldn't do controlled entry under Therrien/Julien an couldn't cycle either, I think they would have even less goals...

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Dvorak was all happy about the news, he thought it was to learn how to score with women.

That's literally the easiest thing to do as Canadiens player in Montreal.

Step 1: Mention you play for the Montreal Canadiens

Step 2: Enjoy.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Thats fair but also, kinda just lowering expectations. Why cant we just have a great coach? Do they even exist?

One of my ex GF had to reject Brendan Gallagher about 15 times back around 2015. And there I was hyping him as a top 10 RW.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Slaf has been doing extra practice time quite a bit since the season started, some with Adam Nicholas working on specific things even.

And Anderson has been having lots of chances, both those guys need a goal and hopefully good things follow.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I do not understand the mockery when this is actually brilliant. Honing in on these things is what practice is for, doesn't matter how basic or obvious the hockey situation appears to be. Like yeah maybe this won't fix Anderson but all the more reason to focus on execution and finishing for the young players.

This is how we get out of the low GF swamp, bit by bit. This is how you start changing the culture. For so many years new players would start hot then regress into our low scoring ways so why not actually do something about it?

MSL is a breath of fresh air.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I always wanted Vigneault to come back , every other coach did.

I do not understand the mockery when this is actually brilliant. Honing in on these things is what practice is for, doesn't matter how basic or obvious the hockey situation appears to be. Like yeah maybe this won't fix Anderson but all the more reason to focus on execution and finishing for the young players.

This is how we get out of the low GF swamp, bit by bit. This is how you start changing the culture. For so many years new players would start hot then regress into our low scoring ways so why not actually do something about it?

MSL is a breath of fresh air.
If you have to teach an NHL player how to score you are in big trouble.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Im not an authority on anything. Im an expert in one field, a student of three other and a fan of another. Ill let you figure out which one is hockey.
Obviously not the expert part and I'm doubting more and more about the fan part. Probably the student part, but maybe not of a subject you were predisposed to study?

Am I close?

Reactions: Miller Time

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

You missed a step before 'Enjoy'.

Step 2: Point to the are you want pleasured
Step 3: Enjoy

Had a flat-mate in University who was 6'4" and athletic. He used to score different women by claiming he was up from the AHL with the opponent in town that night. It explained why they wouldn't know him or of him and still had an aura of money to come...

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
No drilling in there, just aimless shooting at a net ? Nice Martin.

Its as if this guy has no experience lmao.

This serves no purpose. Have a few guys you think need to practice drill this individually at the end of the practice, every practice. Not a general practice like this wtf.

You clearly have never been around NHL players, coaches etc......you have no idea how embarrassed you would be after sharing such opinions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad