Habs Learning to Score at Practice

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think Kovacevic should give up his #26 and MSL hit the ice with the boys for tomorrow night!!!
He knows how this works!!
We miss Dach, badly....
I think the loss of Dach is so much more of an issue than people think. He was about to break out. The chemistry that was already developing with Dach, Slaf and Newhook was apparent against Toronto

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
They have averaged close to 3 goals a game and if that continues they could stay in the playoff race. Otherwise they'll fall back, hard to win many games with two goals.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No drilling in there, just aimless shooting at a net ? Nice Martin.

Its as if this guy has no experience lmao.

This serves no purpose. Have a few guys you think need to practice drill this individually at the end of the practice, every practice. Not a general practice like this wtf.

I think the loss of Dach is so much more of an issue than people think. He was about to break out. The chemistry that was already developing with Dach, Slaf and Newhook was apparent against Toronto
Its an issue for sure, he's a borderline 1C like Suzuki.

It's also very bad because MSL is hellbent on spreading out talent and wants to give everyone their candy.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

This serves no purpose. Have a few guys you think need to practice drill this individually at the end of the practice, every practice. Not a general practice like this wtf.
.. .and this is why I think MSL has outlived his purpose. He brought the "joy" back. Now it's time to bring a coach that can teach the game, not individual skills.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
.. .and this is why I think MSL has outlived his purpose. He brought the "joy" back. Now it's time to bring a coach that can teach the game, not individual skills.
His empathy will be his downfall. Putting Anderson out there in critical moments is not putting your best players out there.
I appreciate wanting to help your players out of a slump but it is at the expense of team first mindset.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
His empathy will be his downfall. Putting Anderson out there in critical moments is not putting your best players out there.
I appreciate wanting to help your players out of a slump but it is at the expense of team first mindset.
Yeah, that has to stop because it's not like he's this consistent 40 goal scorer in an unusual slump. He paces for 21 goals over 82 games up to this point in his career. That's not a guy you should be bending over backwards to "get going".

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
La Prairie Beach
ah so we're finally turning on our coach again huh.Right on schedule.

I guess we're in for 18 months of countless posts complaining about the coach. Let's be organized, this time. Who's going to create the avatars? Who's going to create the cynical GDTs and memes?

never change, HF

PS: while I disagree with the need to can MSL, I do appreciate HF and its ridiculous coach/GM/management cancel culture. It's hilarious

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yeah, that has to stop because it's not like he's this consistent 40 goal scorer in an unusual slump. He paces for 21 goals over 82 games up to this point in his career. That's not a guy you should be bending over backwards to "get going".
💯 %

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I guess we're in for 18 months of countless posts complaining about the coach. Let's be organized, this time. Who's going to create the avatars? Who's going to create the cynical GDTs and memes?

never change, HF

PS: while I disagree with the need to can MSL, I do appreciate HF and its ridiculous coach/GM/management cancel culture. It's hilarious
The coach has never coached in his life and isn't even coaching, he's just a pretty face at this point. Its not about HF, it's about the Habs hiring friends over and over.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

never change, HF

I don't think we are turning on the coach but there is something to be said for a guy who went from coaching young kids straight into coaching an NHL team. Many of the mistakes he is making are mistakes coaches make coaching a Junior team, or an AHL team but since Marty bypassed these Development steps we are seeing mistakes that shouldn't be made.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

I wonder who knows better

1700070633886.png

or

1700070685900.png

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Well they need to learn to score other than on a French girl. MSL was the best in the business for scoring.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yes, because you work on your goalies separately.

Putting your goalies in net for shooting drills and not individual development is why Canada can't develop anyone better than Jordan f***ing Binnington.
I’d say it’s a lot more then that. Lol

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Really they should start with passing drills and then graduate to shooting. :laugh:
Doing the first well will open up more opportunities for the second.

We have a bad habit of always going high and nothing good happens when it misses. The best goal scorers often go with a shot about 13 inches off the ice blocker side which goaltenders have a hard time handling. They will also try 5 hole or between the arm and the body. It results in far more rebound chances for one thing.

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
La Prairie Beach
The coach has never coached in his life and isn't even coaching, he's just a pretty face at this point. Its not about HF, it's about the Habs hiring friends over and over.
I don't think we are turning on the coach but there is something to be said for a guy who went from coaching young kids straight into coaching an NHL team. Many of the mistakes he is making are mistakes coaches make coaching a Junior team, or an AHL team but since Marty bypassed these Development steps we are seeing mistakes that shouldn't be made.

I'm not arguing. I will never pretend to be knowledgable enough to argue these things. I was only pointing out the same HF cycle is starting, as scheduled. We just can't be happy, ever.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm not arguing. I will never pretend to be knowledgable enough to argue these things. I was only pointing out the same HF cycle is starting, as scheduled. We just can't be happy, ever.
Or is it that we haven't had a competent coach since... I guess Carbonneau ? maybe Juliens first stint ?

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Its an issue for sure, he's a borderline 1C like Suzuki.

It's also very bad because MSL is hellbent on spreading out talent and wants to give everyone their candy.

I’m 100% positive you know more than a guy who has played in over 1000 nhl games and multiple more thousand nhl practices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad