GDT: HABS @ LEAFS | WED, APR 7 | 7:30PM EST | SPORTSNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rondo Hatton

Dec 20, 2013
Do the Leafs ever play the Habs well rested? Here we go again. 5 games in 8 nights and let’s throw in the first game back from a long west coast road trip for fun. I swear the schedule maker is from Montreal.

I know and to say it out loud makes a person sound like a tin foil hat nut job, but I swear the past few years we get Montreal at inopportune times.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Nah its all the same. A game is a game. We could smoke the Habs in this game. Doesn't change what'll happen in the playoffs. The game is still gonna be played.

Just want the work to be consistent even if we do/don't get the bounces.
If you're telling me that your butt isn't a little extra puckered as a leaf fan going into a first round game 7, I don't think I believe you.

I'm not saying it's the be all and end all, but owning a team in this regular season format with frequent games will get them gripping their sticks tighter.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I'll join in on 'hate' heat map:

Habs
(large, and mean large gap)
Sens (when they are good, though I cut out local sports radio/media so really don't hate them so much any more. The media here is, I don't know the word, weird I guess, when it comes to the Leafs)
Sabres
Canucks
Jets
Zebras (do they count?)

I honestly cannot say I hate Boston, I hate playing them, but I admire the way they play. They play hard and to win and have a great killer mentality. It sucks we are the ones they continually eat for dinner, but some of that is on us too. I don't cheer for them unless forced to in the playoffs (see list above), and I am not upset when they lose, but there is no hate there.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I dont really hate any Canadian teams. Which is weird considering all the other Canadian teams have made it a mission to hate the leafs.

The team I really hate is the Bruins

Reactions: willmma

Rondo Hatton

Dec 20, 2013
Old guys still hate the Habs more than any other team.

I'm an old guy and I would say that is an accurate statement about me.
I grew up with those 70's dynasty Hab teams and it was torturous get taunted by Hab fans in school. And then to see them fluke into a '86 cup and '93 especially since '93 was our cup. We were the team of destiny and Gretsky/Fraser saw to it that we weren't there in the end. But Gretzky's further insult was then to not just steal our cup, but then hand it over to the bloody habs. I never set foot into Gretzky's bar out of a personal boycott and I believe it was what lead to it's shut down a mere 27 years after it opened.

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
Do the Leafs ever play the Habs well rested? Here we go again. 5 games in 8 nights and let’s throw in the first game back from a long west coast road trip for fun. I swear the schedule maker is from Montreal.

I've been saying this for years.
It's the same with the sens too.

I know some folks say at the end it's all a wash, sorry it isn't.
I have noted, for a while now, we end up playing these 2 teams more times having played the night before.

It really is unbelievable!
Again, I ask someone to PLEASE prove me wrong if you have any stats on this.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Young guys too...honestly I don’t give a cr@p about Boston I’d much rather beat MTL every day of the week and twice on Sunday’s

I'm on the beat Boston train, Montreal has not really been a rival for decades, they have pretty much been a bad franchise for decades now, sprinkle in a couple of good seasons. When I play pool, I actually will have Montreal on in the back ground when Toronto is not playing, they are not good enough to watch but they are good enough to create some background noise. ;)

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Coincidence ? I think not

eZz8BXX0h77OsmPVGCO2BRR1xeQO2pp77NPh8hxkNPY.jpg

Centoco-500STSCCSS-White-Open-Front-Toilet-Seat.jpg

Reactions: PromisedLand

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Wouldn’t mind if we won in OT instead of regulation. As the winner of the division, you want to play the weakest playoff team. That’s not the Habs, that’s the Oilers. I want them to overtake the Oilers so we get an easy first round match up.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Habs
Sens
Canucks

Bruins
Sabres
Islanders
Canes

Flyers
Devils

I also have some slight bitterness towards the Lightning for beating the Flames. I really liked Iggy and the Flames back then. Everyone else I either like or just find meh. For a while I was in to the Jets-Leafs rivalry cause of Matthews-Laine, but Laine has proven to be trash and then was traded so it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad