GDT: HABS @ LEAFS | WED, APR 7 | 7:30PM EST | SPORTSNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Do the Leafs ever play the Habs well rested? Here we go again. 5 games in 8 nights and let’s throw in the first game back from a long west coast road trip for fun. I swear the schedule maker is from Montreal.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
This won't be easy, as mentioned the first road game after a long trip has always been tough. As the Jets showed last week when they faced Toronto.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
What? We're climbing back.. Even though we come without two of our best players, like we rest them so it's ok, we're all a lock for the playoffs anyway, rest is for fun.

dude i know your hands typed the message and your lips were moving when you read the message before clicking "post reply" but all I see and hear from ya is .....

:cry::cry::cry:

So you already just talking about "fun" eh... instead of the game might as well do this... :surrender

:laugh:

:P

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
I have been watching the last few Habs games and they look tough. Anderson is heating up again and Toffoli is getting lots of chances. Staal looked right at home last night, too. We will have to play a lot sharper than we have against the Flames that is for sure.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Do the Leafs ever play the Habs well rested? Here we go again. 5 games in 8 nights and let’s throw in the first game back from a long west coast road trip for fun. I swear the schedule maker is from Montreal.
We get them 3 times at the end of the season when they have been playing their games in hand. Should make up for it then.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I think this is a more important one than the CGY series was, we want to make ourselves an intimidating playoff matchup for everyone in the North. Montreal is a better team than their record even though they don't have the high end talent of the teams they're chasing. We've done really well to get in the Oilers and Jets heads for when we see them, if we can set the table by doing the same thing to Montreal then I think it will help to get them out of their game for if we get a matchup against them.
Nah its all the same. A game is a game. We could smoke the Habs in this game. Doesn't change what'll happen in the playoffs. The game is still gonna be played.

Just want the work to be consistent even if we do/don't get the bounces.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Toffoli and Anderson make this the most likeable Hab team of all time. Two guys that would look great on the Leafs.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
One of the very rare games where I'm kind of expecting a schedule loss here.

Habs are realgud and four games in 6 nights is dang tough.

Would be a really nice time for our offense to explode (hopefully last game was the spark) because I don't think we'll be able to control the run of play in this one very well.

Cecithepylon

May 4, 2017
I know we're supposed to go around hating on one another, but I just wanted to stop in and say thanks for owning the Flames last couple nights.
Honestly you guys are an original 6 team at the end of the day that means something and deserves respect.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Honestly you guys are an original 6 team at the end of the day that means something and deserves respect.

All that respect and civility goes right out of the window during a playoff series between these 2 teams. Honestly, I don't hate the Habs all that much. We just did not play very many meaningful games against them in recent times. I hate Boston a lot more. But a playoff series this year can change that for me.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
agreed, i dont really hate any other canadian team, i just want the leafs to dominate them.

I also just want Canada to win a cup again and would prefer that team be Toronto. if it isnt toronto, like i said il take any other canadian team

You are a much better person than I am. Zero chance I want another cdn team ever winning the cup before the Leafs again. Closing in on 30 years is nothing any cdn team can brag about it.

Last edited:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This will be a tougher game than I thought. Price isn't in net :( Get well soon Carey.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I know we're supposed to go around hating on one another, but I just wanted to stop in and say thanks for owning the Flames last couple nights.

You guys had nothing to worry about the Flames.

Even if the Flames won both games somehow, Habs are way, way better than the Flames but I guess now the playoff spots are basically taken by the 4 teams but positions have to be determined. IMO, they are easily better than Oilers and Jets too. I think they will climb up to 2nd by the season is over.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
All that respect and civility goes right out of the window during a playoff series between these 2 teams. Honestly, I don't hate the Habs all that much. We just did not play very many meaningful games against them in recent times. I hate Boston a lot more. But a playoff series this year can change that for me.
Old guys still hate the Habs more than any other team.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
All good ... my ex and her family were all Hab fans and well, I basically shagged her on her parents dining room table so I've had a soft spot for Habs fans ever since.

Reactions: Bee Holder
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad