GDT: Habs @ Leafs (or Rocket @ Marlies) 7:30PM ET on RDS & TSN 2 & 4 (Both Teams' Lines Posted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I'm guessing we will be icing a similar looking line up to the leafs. I expect we see guys like Chaput, Froese, Toarmina, Suzuki, Shinkaruk, Agostino, Valiev, the 2 Czech defenseman, Hudon and Lindgren getting a lot of playing time tomorrow.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The Leafs line up is one to be wary about.

Most of these players aren't particularly talented so will have to impress by their energy and physical play. We have already lost enough guys to physical, albeit it of the cheap hit variety. Fortunately, not an overly big group.

I would be giving the guys on the outside and on the fringe play time. So no, I would not play Kotkaniemi.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm guessing we will be icing a similar looking line up to the leafs. I expect we see guys like Chaput, Froese, Toarmina, Suzuki, Shinkaruk, Agostino, Valiev, the 2 Czech defenseman, Hudon and Lindgren getting a lot of playing time tomorrow.

Taormina is injured. I also don't think Lindgren will play much. He got the full game last Thursday. Price got the full game Saturday. My guess is it will be Niemi playing the full game tomorrow. As for the rest you named, I suspect they will play. Although I wouldn't lug Hudon's name in that group. We're not sure exactly which line in Montreal he fits, but he's an NHL'er.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I'd REALLY like to see Drouin-Suzuki-Armia tomorrow. Let's give him his shot too to see where he's at in his development compared to Kotkaniemi.
Agreed. If we think the kid has a chance to make the team, we should play him with some actual talented NHL players and see how it works out. He's looked good in the one game I watched him in, but he was playing with scrubs.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hey guys, as you have already saw/guessed, tonight is our 4th line + AHL squad + backups.

We’re potentially sending our entire NHL roster to Montreal on Wednesday.

Reactions: sandviper

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The Leafs line up is one to be wary about.

Most of these players aren't particularly talented so will have to impress by their energy and physical play. We have already lost enough guys to physical, albeit it of the cheap hit variety. Fortunately, not an overly big group.

I would be giving the guys on the outside and on the fringe play time. So no, I would not play Kotkaniemi.
Not entirely true. A lot of these guys play a skilled game but need to mature/develop in the AHL because they are young. Guys like Brooks,Bracco,Timoshov,etc, will play a game similar to a Byron,Lehkonen,Hudon,etc. Not dirty.

Grundstrom is a kid I hope can become anything like Gallagher. That’s not dirty either.

A few like Cracknell,Jooris,Moore,Borgman might play with an edge or on the body, and on D the rest are skilled puck movers.

Reactions: yianik

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Indeed I was :laugh: sorry for the confusion

ooppss.......

yeah we are not playing the Maple Leafs tonight, we are playing the Marlies

i won't say this again the entire season......we should beat Toronto tonight :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: BTP

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Hey guys, as you have already saw/guessed, tonight is our 4th line + AHL squad + backups.

We’re potentially sending our entire NHL roster to Montreal on Wednesday.

Yeah, I expect a more "NHL" squad for the Habs as well for Wednesday. Then the real fun starts on the 3rd of October. Hopefully my buddy pulls through with tickets that night.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

Someone knows the lines ?

I guess both teams are playing their prospects tonight. One last time to impress before things get serious. I'm expecting to see almost full NHL line ups on Wednesday between these same two teams. Excited to see Kotkaniemi and Suzuki.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
You probably should drop the "we" by now.

giphy-59.gif

Reactions: Redux91

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
It's pre-season everybody does this.

How does it make sense tho? How can Despres and Valiev/Moravcik show their worth when they have to play a new position?

I really think Valiev deserve a chance to shine with a real NHL'er on his side because so far in preseason he's really impressive.

1G + 1A +5 in only 2 games.

Reactions: 417
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad