Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Leafs Oct 5 7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
My Notes:
- Hope Hutch has a strong game and starts building confidence both for himself and the teams confidence in him
- Holl should be going over Marincin. Anyone else notice Holl last night? Me neither. Perfect game.
- Spezza should be a go over Shore. Not sure why this is even a thing to be honest..but I suspect this rotation won't last long
- Glad Timashov is back, as i think he deserves the spot over Petan. Timashov has fully embraced the 4th line role. He's throwing his body, and he's getting on the PK. Petan doesn't PK, isn't being used on our second powerplay, isn't playing the grinder role of a 4th liner and throwing hits, and for those reasons it should be Timashov's job. Petan has played fine, but he's caught between not being good enough to be a top 6 forward and not grinding enough to be a bottom 6. Look at Moore and Timashov, 2 guys 5'10" and under that have figured out how to stick...grind. Petan doesn't have a fit with us

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
My Notes:
- Hope Hutch has a strong game and starts building confidence both for himself and the teams confidence in him
- Holl should be going over Marincin. Anyone else notice Holl last night? Me neither. Perfect game.
- Spezza should be a go over Shore. Not sure why this is even a thing to be honest..but I suspect this rotation won't last long
- Glad Timashov is back, as i think he deserves the spot over Petan. Timashov has fully embraced the 4th line role. He's throwing his body, and he's getting on the PK. Petan doesn't PK, isn't being used on our second powerplay, isn't playing the grinder role of a 4th liner and throwing hits, and for those reasons it should be Timashov's job. Petan has played fine, but he's caught between not being good enough to be a top 6 forward and not grinding enough to be a bottom 6. Look at Moore and Timashov, 2 guys 5'10" and under that have figured out how to stick...grind. Petan doesn't have a fit with us
Part of the reason you didn’t notice Holl was because he was on the bench, hardly played at all, 9 minutes.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
My Notes:

Not sure about Shore. Why is he even here? I actually did not mind Spezza last night. He should be playing.

Reactions: Nylander88

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Has Spezza done anything but play really well to deserve being benched?? He's a vastly superior option to Shore as I'm sure most of you would agree.
Babcock being an idiot again.
You guys enjoy being miserable or what is it...

There should be a rule that if we’re on a winning streak, posts like these are banned from this board.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Part of the reason you didn’t notice Holl was because he was on the bench, hardly played at all, 9 minutes.
Not like Marincin was minute munching at 13 minutes. Id rather 9 quiet minutes than 13 minutes with turnovers. Marincin is a roller coaster for me unfortunately. He played well enough for a spot in preseason, I can't take that away from him. But he makes me nervous everytime he has the puck. Just a personal preference for me, Holl over Marincin. I'm sure many don't agree, I'm sure many do. It's my least bone of contention though as it all means nothing when Dermott gets back hopefully by early November

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Not like Marincin was minute munching at 13 minutes. Id rather 9 quiet minutes than 13 minutes with turnovers. Marincin is a roller coaster for me unfortunately. He played well enough for a spot in preseason, I can't take that away from him. But he makes me nervous everytime he has the puck. Just a personal preference for me, Holl over Marincin. I'm sure many don't agree, I'm sure many do. It's my least bone of contention though as it all means nothing when Dermott gets back hopefully by early November
I don’t love Marincin at all, I’m just enamoured with Holl either.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It sucks that it's a back to back game but luckily it's so early on that it shouldn't matter. Leafs should take this one

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Second night of the back-to-back, third game in four nights, the back-up in the net. Against a more grinding style low-scoring team like Montreal this will undoubtedly be a challenge.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Listening to Montreal radio lately the media and fan base are raving about theHabs team speed would love to see them try to turn it into a track meet. Hutch just needs to be adequate, getPrice moving side to side and he can be beat.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I can't say I followed Shore enough in the first game to have an opinion.

Would people say he was better or worse than Spezza?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad