Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Leafs Oct 5 7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I'm nervous about this one because. hutch is in.

Back up goalies are always going to give me nightmares as we don't have a great one but what makes it easy is that we have the talent to come back from any deficit. We came back against the Habs last year despite falling down 3-0.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
My wife asked if I wanted to go out for dinner and a few drinks tonight. I countered with a late night movie. Anytime after 10 :naughty:

Love Leafs / Habs on a Saturday night. Should be an extremely fast game. Too many game breakers on the Buds. 4-2 leafs

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
My wife asked if I wanted to go out for dinner and a few drinks tonight. I countered with a late night movie. Anytime after 10 :naughty:

Love Leafs / Habs on a Saturday night. Should be an extremely fast game. Too many game breakers on the Buds. 4-2 leafs
Your wife should've known you have major plans tonight at 7

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
montreal-canadiens-joke.jpg

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
This will be the toughest game yet.

Hutch will have to be good.

Montreal is going to push our buttons harder than Ottawa or Columbus did.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Agreed. That's why I think Holl never got a fair shake. Hard to get your legs going when you sit for so long without game action. While I don't know if he can be a regular, I'm sure he can be serviceable if he gets regular ice time now and then.

Noticed that Holl was used on the PK too last night - clearly trying to see if he can handle it over Marincin.

I don’t think it’s a great idea to constantly swap the defence partner of a rookie.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The Habs will have the advantage of being rested and with Price in goal. Hopefully the boys can still pull it off tonight.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Hutch gave us a fighting chance every game last year, don’t see why it changes now.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
I dont think not getting guys in regularly is bad coaching. Happens all the time.

Lots of coaches go with the "never change a winning line up" philosophy.

Agree to disagree on this one......but Babcock is the king of over coaching.

I don't expect this rotation thing to last that long.

Reactions: Nylander88

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Has Spezza done anything but play really well to deserve being benched?? He's a vastly superior option to Shore as I'm sure most of you would agree.
Babcock being an idiot again.

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
This will a good test. Two wins a 9-4 goal differential is a great start, but it was against Ottawa, who will likely be the worst or second worst in the league, and then Columbus, who despite a strong playoff performance, lost a lot of talent, and is probably in the bottom 1/3 of the league now. Montreal will be pushing for a wildcard spot this season, and is definitely in the middle 1/3 of the league's talent, and is still an elite 5v5, possession based team with good depth. This will be a tough test, especially with Hutch in net against Price.

Should be a good one! Go Leafs!

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario

Haha love it. Woke up and the gf immediately goes "what do you want to do today?" To which is said whatever you feel like as long as it's not between 7pm-10pm. Let's go boys! 3-0 please

Reactions: Rude Dog

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
This will a good test. Two wins a 9-4 goal differential is a great start, but it was against Ottawa, who will likely be the worst or second worst in the league, and then Columbus, who despite a strong playoff performance, lost a lot of talent, and is probably in the bottom 1/3 of the league now. Montreal will be pushing for a wildcard spot this season, and is definitely in the middle 1/3 of the league's talent, and is still an elite 5v5, possession based team with good depth. This will be a tough test, especially with Hutch in net against Price.

Should be a good one! Go Leafs!

Habs aren't that much better than Columbus. Goaltending is better, Offense about the same, but defense isn't as good and too many players markedly overperformed last year. Was that sustainable? We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad