Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Leafs Oct 5 7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Rotating bottom liners again? looks like it.

Hutcheson's first start.

Is Domi's face recovered yet, does it hurt? Its killing me.

More of this tonight please...Make Ray Ferraro moan again.

Last edited:

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I've watched that video about 5 times now. That is such an unreal shot. He's adding in that one timer now... he's getting harder to read... he could be the next best goal scorer to Ovie if he can continue this and be injury free.

It seems Leafs and Habs games are always pretty close regardless of what team should win. Should be fun tonight. Hopefully Matthew's can pot a couple more. He always seems to do pretty well against Price.

Go Leafs Go

Also Spezza should of been kept in tonight.

Reactions: Nylander88

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Go leafs go.

Let's make it 3 wins

Yes, that Matthews shot was so fast I still can't see it go in. So fast Columbus could have challenged it.

Last edited:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Should be a win. It's a back to back but it's the start of the season and the Leafs have so much more talent than the Habs.

Price would have to play out of his mind or Hutchinson would have to play like Martin Jones for us to lose this.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Rotating bottom liners again? looks like it.

Hutcheson's first start.

Is Domi's face recovered yet, does it hurt? Its killing me.

More of this tonight please...Make Ray Ferraro moan again.

Rotating bottom line. Babs has to look like he is doing more than he is. Over coaching.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
I've watched that video about 5 times now. That is such an unreal shot. He's adding in that one timer now... he's getting harder to read... he could be the next best goal scorer to Ovie if he can continue this and be injury free.

It seems Leafs and Habs games are always pretty close regardless of what team should win. Should be fun tonight. Hopefully Matthew's can pot a couple more. He always seems to do pretty well against Price.

Go Leafs Go

Also Spezza should of been kept in tonight.
Is the lineup available? I think I missed it.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
What I've liked about the new PP setup is that putting Marner/Matthews on their off wings had allowed for a lot one-time/quick shots .. Marner's goal last night and Matthews goal against the Sens are great examples.

The Leafs need to learn that they don't need to pass it 5 times for a perfect tap in goal. Just a quick back and forth can open up enough space for a goal.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
All I wanna say regarding tonight for now is “**** the habs”

Beat those arrogant pieces of crap; bury them

:yo:

This. Did anyone else notice how Max tried to throw shade at the Leafs with a 1967 quote at the Biosteel Camp last month, but was too stupid to realize that he also indirectly dissed his Dad?...

Lol, what an idiot.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Rotating bottom line. Babs has to look like he is doing more than he is. Over coaching.

Hes trying to figure out who the best bottom line is based on real games.

For me keep Moore, Goat, Timoshov and Shore. Also Holl over Marincin.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
This. Did anyone else notice how Max tried to throw shade at the Leafs with a 1967 quote at the Biosteel Camp last month, but was too stupid to realize that he also indirectly dissed his Dad?...

Lol, what an idiot.
Max just has a serious case of little man syndrome and feels the need to pander to Hab fans at any opportunity. That's fine but him and his dad can stick with Montreal once Max is done with the Habs. Don't try crawling back once your old and washed up.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Considering he kept guys like Holl stapled in the press box for long stretches, it's nice to see that Babs' is rotating his depth players in .. Hopefully he keeps it up so that these guys can get into a groove.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
All I wanna say regarding tonight for now is “**** the habs”

Beat those arrogant pieces of crap; bury them

Im going to the game with a few buddies. We are gonna have our pants around out ankles for the warm up. (with florescent green boxers on)

Reactions: smitty10

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Considering he kept guys like Holl stapled in the press box for long stretches, it's nice to see that Babs' is rotating his depth players in .. Hopefully he keeps it up so that these guys can get into a groove.
I would just rotate them all year until a guy gets on a hot streak. Never made sense to sit your extra guys for 40 games in a row and then expect them to be ready.

Also makes these guys hungrier and more engaged when it comes to fighting for ice time.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I would just rotate them all year until a guy gets on a hot streak. Never made sense to sit your extra guys for 40 games in a row and then expect them to be ready.

Also makes these guys hungrier and more engaged when it comes to fighting for ice time.

Agreed. That's why I think Holl never got a fair shake. Hard to get your legs going when you sit for so long without game action. While I don't know if he can be a regular, I'm sure he can be serviceable if he gets regular ice time now and then.

Noticed that Holl was used on the PK too last night - clearly trying to see if he can handle it over Marincin.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Lol, what an idiot.

I find it funny that all of habs fans and their franchise have is a medicore player like max to talk about and rely on the peak that has since then passed both weber and price

habs aint no match for Matthews, Marner, Nylander, JT, Rielly, Muzz, Barrie

time to shove the "French" onion soup right down their throat Mikheyev style

Last edited:
Reactions: CanadasTeam

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
:shakehead

Not getting guys in regularly = bad coaching
Rotating guys in and out = over coaching

What's the right thing to do then ?
I dont think not getting guys in regularly is bad coaching. Happens all the time.

Lots of coaches go with the "never change a winning line up" philosophy.

Agree to disagree on this one......but Babcock is the king of over coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad