GDT: Habs @ Leafs - Oct 2, 7pm RDS. SN1 (preseason)

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If all goes well, and i'm not a hater, DD won't be with us long and Plek will land on the 3rd... But I don't think this bunch has the balls... (upstairs)

How in the world will Plekanec be on the third line? Who do you see as centres on the top 2 lines?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Last chance for Desharnais. :sarcasm:

You mean last chance to prove that he could be a top 6 guy? 'Cause he is centering that 3rd line come season time. Everybody know that. And you too..hence your :sarcasm: smiley....;)

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Should make Sunday far more fun, watching our Habs(Baby Habs also) playing against a very talented young TML's team. Auston Matthews with William Nylander as his winger, rookie Zaitsev fresh from World Cup play with Team Russia, on their 1st pairing defence. This will be a great experience for our Sergachev, backed with an array of very sound two way players.(Minus Torrey Mitchell injured in the Ottawa game.) Having nine Habs regulars from last season in the lineup, along with potential Habs prospects that have shown great strides in consistency, the biggest hurdle to cross in becoming a roster player in the NHL. Many of the Habs draft choices since 2012 Entry Draft, will be pushing hard to earn themselves the right to play in Montreal this season, tonight's game is another opportunity.

Charles Hudon(5th round) being the lone 2012 draft choice vying for a spot on the Habs, after Thrower & Bozon being sent down to St.John's IceCaps. Daniel Audette(5th round in 2014) another very talented later pick, amongst a formidable group of Habs 1st, 2nd, 3rd, rounders, joining a few free agent signings and 6th round pick Gregoire, 7th rounders Redmond & Addison, & former TML 5th rounder Greg Pateryn. Pateryn of course another pleasant surprise on defence. This team is solid throughout the lineup, every player has worked hard to make the cut, expect them to play a tough game, where every goal scored will be earned, for either side IMHO!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Some kids we have, Chucky and Mac.. Plek is not so hot, perfect 3rd.. My opinion you know.. Invest in the youth..

My avatar pic is for posts like this. Plek is like a top 30 two way player in the league, not sure how you can think any of our rooks can outplay him, from this camp anyways.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
You mean last chance to prove that he could be a top 6 guy? 'Cause he is centering that 3rd line come season time. Everybody know that. And you too..hence your :sarcasm: smiley....;)

In a pure meritocracy, Desharnais would have to earn his place on the team each and every year.

Hence, it would be an important game for him tonight, as he's with a bunch of other forwards fighting for a spot.

But we all know this version of the Habs is far from being a meritocracy.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
The one I'd like to see a lot more from is Scherbak. I find he's not shown much progression at all.

He really hasn't filled out his frame yet and that's his biggest issue right now. That should come with age. I'd give him another year or two in the AHL.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Carr, Hudon and Andrighetto have to wake the f up.

Agreed. Coming into camp I was so excited to see Lehkonen,Carr,Hudon and Ghetto all battling for a spot. For the most part they've all been underwhelming.. Lehkonen is good enough, but no one standing out.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
My avatar pic is for posts like this. Plek is like a top 30 two way player in the league, not sure how you can think any of our rooks can outplay him, from this camp anyways.

Hey, Plek has disapointed me long enough, it's 3rd C or out.. I do watch every games, all the time, win or lose. It's my opinion, you have yours.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
In a pure meritocracy, Desharnais would have to earn his place on the team each and every year.

Hence, it would be an important game for him tonight, as he's with a bunch of other forwards fighting for a spot.

But we all know this version of the Habs is far from being a meritocracy.

other than the many people's sentiment that DD dosent even deserve a look, what other proof do you have that Habs arent in FACT a meritocracy and that another center can be better than DD, ouplay him out of the team and improve the team in a significant way, and they just dont do it ? waozah

I believe this year we have options but still McCarron is a grinder and this team needs a few playmakers at the very freaking least. Damn you cant just put a bunch of crash and bangers together and expect them to find golden nuggets out of sacks of smelly and hot garbage dump and chase play. DD last year when he was feeding Flash and Weise was playing his true and belonging role. This team lacks creativity up front. We have enough grind and character, and tbh Id put McCarron instead of Flynn out there but I'd replace DD for a playmaker and not some other 4th line grinder.

Last edited:

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
If Plekanec disappoints you as a second line C, then you'll be really disappointed if they put Mac there.

Nope, I have faith.. The best two way center should play 3rd C, not 2nd C.. We need a beast there, not a litle girl..

Anyway, it's not happening, of course..

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
So the players doesn't know who they play with before going back to the arena? It doesn't make any sense at all......

Hank Scorpio

Mar 7, 2010
Interesting that DD is playing tonight when all of the other forwards are on the bubble. I wonder if that says anything about how the brass are looking at DD these days.

I don't think it really says anything different then it has before. He hasn't looked good at all in the preseason games I've watched so, my guess, is they either believe that Ghetto/DD/Carr need more time together to click or that they'll blame his linemates and they'll try him with new ones. I think he starts the game with Carr/Ghetto but wouldn't be surprised to see him get some shifts with McCarron/Lehkonen who, I think, have had respectable camps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00