GDT: Habs @ Leafs - Oct 2, 7pm RDS. SN1 (preseason)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I don't understand these lineups. I mean, pre-season should also be used to prepare our actual lines. I don't mind the experimenting, but at some point, you need fine tuning as well.

How many games left before the season starts?

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Big game for Lehkonen, it'd be nice to see him separate a bit from the other guys competing for the last few roster spots.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I don't understand these lineups. I mean, pre-season should also be used to prepare our actual lines. I don't mind the experimenting, but at some point, you need fine tuning as well.

I have no problem with the lines right now. We have two games left and probably this weekend's games as a way to see who gets cut, as shown by the 24 cuts already made.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

Arrogant organization and coach think that they're not coming off a dumpster fire of a season. Price is back, so everything will be rosy!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Carey,Shea,Pac,Plek,Marky,Emi are already in game shape . Gally is always ready to go . Chucky got 2 games already .

We still have 2 preseason games left ... This is the last game for experiments , we'll have another waive of cuts after the game .

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I have no problem with the lines right now. We have two games left and probably this weekend's games as a way to see who gets cut, as shown by the 24 cuts already made.
It's pretty futile to play some of these scrubs imo. We can't afford to slip this year, they should be focusing on fine-tuning movements and powerplay arrangements and so on - not giving Gregoire and Addison a second look too many...

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

You do realize we are still trying to figure out who among McCaron, Lehkonen, Carr, Andrighetto and Hudon will take the last 2 spots in the forwards lineup, also that Shaw is suspended, Radulov had the flu, Emelin and Markov only came back recently from the world cup, and Weber and Price have yet to come back in montreal. Do you really expect to see our season lineup right now?

Also, the first and fourth line are already set and have shown chemistry.
The second line which will probably be Lehkonen - Plekanec - Radulov, we haven't seen it yet. The third line consisting of carr (or shaw), andrighetto, DD, we already saw some it, and we will see it again today.

On defense, we can't do much yet because 3 of our top 6 were at the world cup.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Sergachev - Petry should be a treat to watch

Petry has been brilliant this pre-season. Hope he can carry that into the real season.

Great defenseman. I'm also really really liking Pateryn right now, if he doesn't get a full time spot it would be criminal. He's ready to jump in and make a difference on any team, tough, hard hitting, worked on his offense and it's showing.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
I'm okay with using two games to make the young guns play for their spot. Their basically competing against their line mates and need to outdo each other, which will push them to play better and not risk a player who already has a spot outshining one of them. We basically take the 5 best of the bunch from this game, and then with the remaining two games try and see if they can play in a real NHL lineup.

Plus, Weber and Price should be back for the two remaining games, so we'll have a full line-up to practice our PP and line chemistry.

I'm thinking that Big Mac, Lehkonen, Ghetto and Carr will stay for the forwards and Sergachev, Redmond, Barberio and Pateryn will be staying for the def. I would give Pateryn the 6th spot for now and let Redmond and Barberio compete for the 7th D spot and send the other one down. Then we might keep Sergachev as an 8th D instead of keeping 14 forwards, which will probably mean Big Mac and Carr will be sent down and we will be keeping Lehkonen and Ghetto up. I prefer Carr to Ghetto, but since Carr is waiver-exempt, it's safer to send him down and he will probably be the first call-up if someone gets injured.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'm okay with using two games to make the young guns play for their spot. Their basically competing against their line mates and need to outdo each other, which will push them to play better and not risk a player who already has a spot outshining one of them. We basically take the 5 best of the bunch from this game, and then with the remaining two games try and see if they can play in a real NHL lineup.

Plus, Weber and Price should be back for the two remaining games, so we'll have a full line-up to practice our PP and line chemistry.

I'm thinking that Big Mac, Lehkonen, Ghetto and Carr will stay for the forwards and Sergachev, Redmond, Barberio and Pateryn will be staying for the def. I would give Pateryn the 6th spot for now and let Redmond and Barberio compete for the 7th D spot and send the other one down. Then we might keep Sergachev as an 8th D instead of keeping 14 forwards, which will probably mean Big Mac and Carr will be sent down and we will be keeping Lehkonen and Ghetto up. I prefer Carr to Ghetto, but since Carr is waiver-exempt, it's safer to send him down and he will probably be the first call-up if someone gets injured.

If we keep Sergachev with the club, he has to be playing so Barberio or Redmond will be the 8th D, and Pateryn will likely be 7th.

Or, we trade Pateryn to the team he scored 3 points against, in exchange for their best LW. LOL

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
You do realize we are still trying to figure out who among McCaron, Lehkonen, Carr, Andrighetto and Hudon will take the last 2 spots in the forwards lineup, also that Shaw is suspended, Radulov had the flu, Emelin and Markov only came back recently from the world cup, and Weber and Price have yet to come back in montreal. Do you really expect to see our season lineup right now?

Also, the first and fourth line are already set and have shown chemistry.
The second line which will probably be Lehkonen - Plekanec - Radulov, we haven't seen it yet. The third line consisting of carr (or shaw), andrighetto, DD, we already saw some it, and we will see it again today.

On defense, we can't do much yet because 3 of our top 6 were at the world cup.

I think Lehkonen might make the top-12, pushing Matteau from 13th F down onto waivers. We can keep 7 one-way D, and then either Carr or Sergachev. Or, if Carr is not sharp and Sergachev not ready, we could keep both Redmond and Barberio and not risk losing either on waivers.

McCarron will probably start in St. John's. Let him tear the league up for a while.

So if Lehkonen is able to keep up with NHLers, and we keep 13 forwards:
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Radulov
Andrighetto-Desharnais-Shaw
Byron-Danault-Flynn/Mitchell

Would it be too risky to trade Andrighetto just yet? He probably does not have much trade value and there is some chance he could explode elsewhere.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Petry has been brilliant this pre-season. Hope he can carry that into the real season.

Great defenseman. I'm also really really liking Pateryn right now, if he doesn't get a full time spot it would be criminal. He's ready to jump in and make a difference on any team, tough, hard hitting, worked on his offense and it's showing.

yup i love both Petry and PattyCakes too :3

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Does anyone knows when exactly the Memorial Cup ends compared to the NHL season?

Memorial Cup finishes at the end of May and that is generally when the Conference Finals are wrapping up in the NHL.

If I'm following your theoretical here, Sergachev would only be available for the SC final.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Memorial Cup finishes at the end of May and that is generally when the Conference Finals are wrapping up in the NHL.

If I'm following your theoretical here, Sergachev would only be available for the SC final.

Thanks for the input!

Yeah , you got it right. So see you next year then Misha))

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Nope, I have faith.. The best two way center should play 3rd C, not 2nd C.. We need a beast there, not a litle girl..

Anyway, it's not happening, of course..

That's not even close to the truth. You should watch games around the league if you think that's true.

Bergeron, Kesler, Carter etc plays 2nd center in their respective team.

Only team with two great offensive centers like the Pens or Caps would have a two centers on the third line.

Suggesting Plek is nothing than a third center is just silly. He's better than most 2nd center in the league.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
It's pretty futile to play some of these scrubs imo. We can't afford to slip this year, they should be focusing on fine-tuning movements and powerplay arrangements and so on - not giving Gregoire and Addison a second look too many...

No need to play the vets, who are already in game shape, moreso than the other players. Talking about the WC vets here.

Pre season is not very important before the last two games, where coaches get the real lineup.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
That's not even close to the truth. You should watch games around the league if you think that's true.

Bergeron, Kesler, Carter etc plays 2nd center in their respective team.

Only team with two great offensive centers like the Pens or Caps would have a two centers on the third line.

Suggesting Plek is nothing than a third center is just silly. He's better than most 2nd center in the league.

Hey, my mind is set, this guy is an early quiter, period.. Stop it. This is my opinion. I've watched him for 7-8 years, he's not a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad