Post-Game Talk: Habs Laff last! Youngin's put on a show for the win!

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Some (most?) rebuilds are devoid of excitement. Lots of pain and little to cheer about. Last night, the team showed that this year, regardless of the rebuild, the Canadiens are not a pushover. Its a large and surprisingly quick team. A team that if it gets the breaks will compete in most games. Yes, we will have our six games losing streaks and occasionally get blown out against stronger teams. But the roots and foundation of the rebuild were on display last night. As I have noted previously, at its essence, professional sport is entertainment. Were you not entertained last night?
Absolutely!!!!!!!

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
I think everyone who is worried we are rushing the kids needs to watch last night and chill for a second. Marty is a great communicator, and isn’t going to be Therrien or Julien and put them in the dog house for mistakes.

We are living and dying by the sword aka mistakes the young guys will take and make. I love this approach. I do think Slaf should be sent down after 9 games though, he seems a step behind (which isn’t the end of the world)
I really hope Slaf and X stay up, Mistake’s and all they are both effort players and into this organization!

BarracudaMtl

Apr 15, 2018
What a great start to the season!

a few points I would like to highlight;

1: Cole Caufield is for real, 40 goals minimum
2. Maybe Monahan will have value
3. Very long player introductions.
4. Price did what Weber could have done
5. Hoffman / Drouin is the same
6. Dandonov is going to be tough...
7. The future is good with the youngsters in the system.

Jul 6, 2016
In 1992 the Ottawa Senators opened their inaugural expansion season with a 5-3 win against the Montreal Canadiens.
I think Ottawa ended up winning about 10 games the entire season.
Was last night one of those adrenalin wins? Or is this team much better than last year's 22 win team?
I was at that game in Ottawa in 1992........... Alanis Morrissette sang the anthem. Nobody knew that Habs would win their 24th and last Cup 10 months later.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
same reaction from leaf fans. No way the habs played better then the leafs. The refs are on the habs side every year every game since 1967. Leafs outplayed the habs at every turn but the habs are the worlds lucky team in ALL SPORTS ALL OVER THE WORLD.

Reactions: LV426 and dasahgah

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
«Slaf est content de ça, tout comme Zednik, a mentionné St-Louis. Richard a connu une belle carrière. Je suis content de voir des anciens du CH, c’est une franchise historique. Je suis heureux de voir Zednik dans notre vestiaire. C’est un Slovaque qui vient parler à un jeune slovaque. C’est juste des plus pour nous.»

Our former GM didn't like these types of interactions.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Pigeon in the building and on the table before the Hughes presser. A goose on the field during the Dodgers/Padres game. Habs surprise and knock off the Figs. What a great and strange day yesterday was. :)

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Somewhere right now Pierre McGuire is reading this and is grinning from ear to ear.
A3D05218-927E-4BDF-B7E4-B228628B191E.gif

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
You noticed the size when you saw players using their long reach to break up plays, block passing lanes, and using their big frames to block shots.

Guhle: 6'2" & 205 lbs
Xhekaj: 6'4" & 238 lbs
Savard: 6'1" & 234 lbs
Kovacevic: 6'5" & 218 lbs

There is still the injured Edmundson, who is 6'5" & 225 lbs

Anderson: 6'3" & 227 lbs
Dach: 6'2" & 201 lbs
Slaf: 6'3" & 238 lbs
Monahan: 6'1" & 201 lbs
Dvorak: 6'1" & 201 lbs

Healthy scratch Pez is 6'1" & 216 lbs

There is still the injured Armia, who is 6'4" & 218 lbs

They also have guys who are over 6 feet, but a shade under 200 lbs. And others, who are a shade under both. Also, not everyone plays the physical game. But you notice that this is not a small team.
Oh how I do not miss the nightmare era of having Gionta ( the worst captain in our franchise history) ,Gomez and prima donna Camy as our leadership core. That was the darkest period .

• Love
Reactions: the

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Oh how I do not miss the nightmare era of having Gionta ( the worst captain in our franchise history) ,Gomez and prima donna Camy as our leadership core. That was the darkest period .
Gotta disagree there. Gionta oversaw two deep playoff runs by the Habs and led a leadership core that consistently performed decently. Paciorettys tenure was one of failure as a team and as a leader. Everyone in that room knew he was captain in name only but the true leaders were price and weber

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Listened to Button on TSN1050's Leafs Lunch earlier today and he really ripped into the Leafs.

Said the thing that really bothers him about the Leafs is that they want to compare themselves to teams who have had success in the playoffs and have won playoff rounds and yet the Leafs have won nothing. Said he thinks the Leafs may need a reality check. :laugh:

The Leafs Lunch host chuckled a little at the reality check comment and so did I. :)

Only 1 game in and it's already started over in Leaf land. The part I'm talking about starts about 24 minutes in or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad