News Article: Habs have spoken with Jagr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
And like the other poster said.

Jagr played 101 games last season. Yes, he is not very fast but he is still that Jagr that protects the puck like no one else. He is not done at all. I also remember reading that Jagr was always doing extra time in practice. The guy is a work horse.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
Id love to see...

Max Pacioretty - David Desharnais - Rene Bourque
Danny Briere - Tomas Plekanec - Jaromir Jagr
Alex Galchenyuk - Lars Eller - Brendan Gallagher
Brandon Prust - Ryan White - George Parros

Maybe some alterations within the lines, but I like it.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
And like the other poster said.

Jagr played 101 games last season. Yes, he is not very fast but he is still that Jagr that protects the puck like no one else. He is not done at all. I also remember reading that Jagr was always doing extra time in practice. The guy is a work horse.

But does he have character :cry:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Another player that always dreamed to play in Montreal, and once again it's always when the player should be retired.

I love the guy so much I'd take him for 1 year. One of my idols growing up

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
MB should sign him. Come on man! You need someone else while Gionta is injured. Its not Leblanc or Dumont that will replace him.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
vet line of Jagr-Plekanec-Briere could do some real damage and be fun to watch. Plex and Jagr have mad chemistry. Tomas + Briere's speed make up for what Jagr lacks. Jagr could get the puck to those two smaller gents with his trademark puck protection

then Bourque-Desharnais-Gionta
then Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher

I would sign Jagr, no questions asked.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Again, people would complain if he signed but it would probably be a 1 year deal. It doesn't change the plans or anything. It's entertainment value. I wouldn't have a problem with that. I don't expect a cup this year anyway.

tez

Oct 23, 2009
Nova Scotia
No thanks. I'd love to see it for nostalgia purposes, but it's not something we need. Not with already having three offensive lines when everyone is healthy, forcing Prust to the fourth line as is.

edit: If we could trade Gionta sure.. but I'm not convinced we'd get anything for him, nor do I think Bergevin wants to trade his captain.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Zero goals in 22 play off games. The tank is empty folks.

You didn't watch much, did you? He played good, the results just didn't come. In terms of work, the tank is far from empty.

1 year deal and let him and Plekanec work their magic.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
One year deal, I'd do it. Protects the puck well, good team player and has some chem. with Pleks. It will buy us a year waiting for our wingers to develop.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Id love to see...

I like the look of these lines but it should be Parros/Moen

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
To the people saying Jagr can't keep up with Plekanec's even strength TOI, Jagr averaged over a minute more than Plekanec did last season.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
vet line of Jagr-Plekanec-Briere could do some real damage and be fun to watch. Plex and Jagr have mad chemistry. Tomas + Briere's speed make up for what Jagr lacks. Jagr could get the puck to those two smaller gents with his trademark puck protection

then Bourque-Desharnais-Gionta
then Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher

I would sign Jagr, no questions asked.

Don't forget Max!

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Olympic years and will probably want to play with Pleks all year, makes sense. Bergevin tell him that and make him take a little less

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
As much as I like Jagr the former player, his chemistry with Pleks, him being a great guy, NO THANKS!

He's done in the NHL as an actual threat, with all due respect. Was hard to watch him with Boston. Was great in that game 7 in terms of leadership, but no, waste of lineup spot. We're a fast team, North-South, Jags just doesn't fit anymore.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
No thanks. I'd love to see it for nostalgia purposes, but it's not something we need. Not with already having three offensive lines when everyone is healthy, forcing Prust to the fourth line as is.

Well, injuries do happen, so I wouldn't worry too much about the opening day lineups, because they never stay the same throughout the course of the season.

The habs don't have enough big frames in the top 6 that are capable of protecting the puck once inside the opposing zone. Jagr brings that, so it wouldn't be a bad fit. You can't just rely on the transition game to get most of your goals, especially in the playoffs. This type of move gives the habs more balance.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Id love to see...

I like this roster... a LOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad