News Article: Habs have spoken with Jagr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 2m
Jaromir Jagr's camp no longer feels that the #habs have interest in the veteran winger. However, others are said to be making offers.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Jaromir Jagr's camp no longer feels that the #habs have interest in the veteran winger. However, others are said to be making offers.

Joy!
After screwing us for several years to go to other teams for the money, he can lie in the bed he made.
After seeing him in the playoffs, it's pretty apparent you're not getting a premier player anymore but a has been who's playing because he loves the game but doesn't know when to say enough.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
And better than at least one guy in our projected top 6 (Bourque).

It depends of which Bourque we are talking about. The Bourque involved in the game or the Bourque with consistency issues. If he plays like he did for most part of the short season last year, he is a better fit for us than Jagr IMO.

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
Joy!
After screwing us for several years to go to other teams for the money, he can lie in the bed he made.
After seeing him in the playoffs, it's pretty apparent you're not getting a premier player anymore but a has been who's playing because he loves the game but doesn't know when to say enough.

I think he'll say enough when a team stops giving him a contract

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
They have no interest because the only guy he'll have chemistry with is Plekanec... ;)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I will be dissapointed if, in the end, it REALLY was Bergevin who wasn't interested. Would have been really interesting to see what Pleks and Jagr could do together. Only this 1 year....

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

If I had to make a guess, sounds to me like bergevin caught on to Jagr's bs and wants no part of raising his price tag for another team.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
As I've said previously, we can expect mostly the same team this upcoming year.

dmanfish90

How about 76 for 25?
Jan 5, 2011
Newmarket, Ontario
Have interest in Briere but none in Jagr...makes no sense. Briere is truly washed-up, Jagr isn't.

Huh?

:facepalm:

The guy who was a PPG player in the playoffs in 2011 and was injured for most of this year is washed up but the guy who barely came to play when it was the playoffs isn't?

If I had to make a guess, sounds to me like bergevin caught on to Jagr's bs and wants no part of raising his price tag for another team.

It does and thank god. As much as I would have liked Jags, he likes to up his price by telling people he's "interested" in playing for us, and then has us up his price for him.

Pass.

Xegiie

Oct 21, 2011
Czech republic
well Jagr supposedly wanted go for lower price just to play with Pleky, and yet you guys talk he goes only after money /facepalm

Xegiie

Oct 21, 2011
Czech republic
Huh?

:facepalm:

The guy who was a PPG player in the playoffs in 2011 and was injured for most of this year is washed up but the guy who barely came to play when it was the playoffs isn't?

It does and thank god. As much as I would have liked Jags, he likes to up his price by telling people he's "interested" in playing for us, and then has us up his price for him.

Pass.
ha ha ha, lot of teams did WANT Jagr last year, he does not need to say someone want him ust to rise prise.. this is really lame made up bs

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
well Jagr supposedly wanted go for lower price just to play with Pleky, and yet you guys talk he goes only after money /facepalm

mmk. So you're facepalming people who don't want based on a wild guess? I'd like Jagr as a Hab. But if he's just trying to get big money, I can't say I'm as tempted. If he even wanted a reduced price for Pleks, then I seriously doubt we would hear the same story every off-season about Jagr signing here.

Year 101

Sep 17, 2007
Montreal
Consensus is that Habs made an offer but I guess it's less then Market Value since we only have about 4M in cap space. Ff he really wants to play for the habs, he can sign cheap, and I'm a huge jagr fan and would love to see him on the habs. Truth be told, a lot of people have been bashing Briere, but he chose the habs over other teams for less money.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
I don't agree Jagr now is better than Bourque. The latter had a great playoff with us, while the former was pretty invisible playing on a contender team. And that team dumped him for Iginla so...

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Jagr > Briere, no ? At least, Jagr is bigger and heavier.
But our roster is full now, I really don't see Jagr coming here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino