Post-Game Talk: Habs grab another point. Lose 5-4 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
Hes already better than a 6th or 7th, wtf is this? Literally has to cover for Webers foot speed over and over what do you expect?
On this team yes. But honestly, a 5'9" dman with no offensive game to speak of, ideally plays bottom pair. Skates well, responsible in his own end, moves the puck. Doesn't play lots of minutes because he would get leaned on too much. I was going to say I hoped he would use his monster pre-season to carry into the regular season, but that would be mean. I find him compitant, but not much else. He is just holding the spot until someone more capable comes along (which basically can be said about everyone).

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Hes already better than a 6th or 7th, wtf is this? Literally has to cover for Webers foot speed over and over what do you expect?

lol....he would not be on any other teams top 4-5....he's with Weber at out sheer lack of better options. Speaking of Weber, where are all those who loved that trade? The guy has brought nothing since he got here. You can point to injuries all you want, but that was the whole knock on him before the trade happened, that he already had too many hard miles on him and his body was gonna break/slow down. Yet, Bozovin still traded our biggest asset for him and his ridiculous contract.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
when all three games go to IT the difference between 0-3 and 3-0 isn't huge. Are carolina and buffalo good teams ? right now they are and we hung with them. not every game is going to go to overtime but last year if we were down the way we were to the leafs, we were pooched.

You missed the point of the post.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I would too if I was playing with Jordan Weal and Arturi Lehkonen.

What? Lehkonen is PPG. :laugh:

Smooth passes to Domi so far, he's still decent at most things while having flashes of brilliance at some select things. o_O

I'm not saying he should be in our top 6 long term, but JFC he's far from being a **** replacement on a temporary basis.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
On this team yes. But honestly, a 5'9" dman with no offensive game to speak of, ideally plays bottom pair. Skates well, responsible in his own end, moves the puck. Doesn't play lots of minutes because he would get leaned on too much. I was going to say I hoped he would use his monster pre-season to carry into the regular season, but that would be mean. I find him compitant, but not much else. He is just holding the spot until someone more capable comes along (which basically can be said about everyone).

Mete has never been great offensively and he never will be, the sooner you get that crap out of your head the better. And no, a player stature doesn't dictate wether he should be offensively inclined or no. He's the best transition defender on the team, and he does it a top 4 rate + league wide, doesn't matter what you think, he's doing it right now. He's a defensive Dman with a great transition game, this is it.

Did you somehow expect him to be a 50 points producer ? Kid never even produced that in the OHL.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
lol....he would not be on any other teams top 4-5....he's with Weber at out sheer lack of better options. Speaking of Weber, where are all those who loved that trade? The guy has brought nothing since he got here. You can point to injuries all you want, but that was the whole knock on him before the trade happened, that he already had too many hard miles on him and his body was gonna break/slow down. Yet, Bozovin still traded our biggest asset for him and his ridiculous contract.
Who cares where he would be on other teams ? Are the Habs not in the NHL ? He's playing in a NHL top 4 and he's doing it at a top 4 level. He's a defensive Dman that thrives on quick transition, nothing more nothing less and thats good enough for the top 4 on pretty much any team.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Too many posters blame the D when the game was lost in the neutral zone. How does Eichel come blazing into the d zone and back our D up? Tatar whiffed on him and took two stupid lazy penalties. And yes that was a penalty on Danault in overtime just a hook not a slash.
On the bright side KK looks stronger this year . He reminds me of Mark Stone. A little awkward skating style but super smart player.

Domi didnt do much this game. I thought Leks, Armia,Thompson, Weal were our best forwards along with KK.

Kinkaid is a backup goalie for a reason. I dont expect much more. He made some very good saves but others a good goalie would have gotten.
Canadiens carried the play for a large part of the game.

Not bad for three straight road games.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Weber is a leader and still very effective. He's brought "nothing". That is so laughable.
Subban was given away to NJ to dump his contract because he sucks and is terrible for team culture. Biggest "me" guy in hockey.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Weber is a leader and still very effective. He's brought "nothing". That is so laughable.
Subban was given away to NJ to dump his contract because he sucks and is terrible for team culture. Biggest "me" guy in hockey.
Given away to sign Duchene, a top 6 C (you know, those that aren't available), who has 6 points in 3 games. I guess that doesnt fit your narrative tho.

They adressed a position of need (top 6 C) by giving a bit of their position of strenght (D). That's all their is to it. Not all GM are idiot enough to trade a position of weakness (LD Sergachev) for a position of strenght (wing Drouin)

Reactions: Habano

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
And two years ago was best ever once we acquired Alzner and Streit.

Reminds me of the skit on SNL from 1992 with Clinton bragging about taking Arkansas from 50th state in literacy to 49th - "and look out Mississippi - we are gunning for you".

Don't forger The Real David Schlemko.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I really wasn't impressed with Buffalo. They definitely got some skill but they seem all over the place defensively. I remember their 10 or 11 game unbeaten streak last season was a mirage and to me they look the same. They're still a fraud and probably won't make the playoffs.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
What? Lehkonen is PPG. :laugh:

Smooth passes to Domi so far, he's still decent at most things while having flashes of brilliance at some select things. o_O

I'm not saying he should be in our top 6 long term, but JFC he's far from being a **** replacement on a temporary basis.

3 games samples... Smart.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yeah coming back from multi goal deficits is now bad.

Would have been better if we folded and accepted out fates and the loss.
What’s bad is those other teams folding to our comebacks

imagine if we had 2 goal leads and gave them away....I’m sure the discussion would be how bad it was for the other teams to let themselves fall back 2 goals lol

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010

What exactly has his leadership brought us? Teams have still taken liberty with our players (including our goalie). And why are we constantly saying "...well we haven't find anyone to play with him"...

A true #1 excels regardless of who he plays with. Do you think when teams went after Karlson they said...'...hmm, i don't know, we better make sure we have someone to play with him.."

His patented shot has not led to an increase in PP goals and he is now slow footed and often injured on the wrong side of 30 with a huge cap hit for many, many years.

Speaking of Subban, i don't have any issue with trading anyone, - so long as you get either better value, potential or the filling of a big need elsewhere.

We did none of that,

Last edited:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I really wasn't impressed with Buffalo. They definitely got some skill but they seem all over the place defensively. I remember their 10 or 11 game unbeaten streak last season was a mirage and to me they look the same. They're still a fraud and probably won't make the playoffs.
Me neither. We made it easier for them.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

So far, Weber only led us to mediocrity. You win the game on the ice, not in the room. Weber's superior leadership didn't make us a better team.

Coincidence or not, the results of the team in general is pretty mediocre since Weber got here. I'm not blaming him or anything but I just find it amusing when people like you gets excited over Weber's great leadership when the team only played 6 playoffs games in 3 seasons. The standards has become so low that you don't even care what happens on the ice, as long as we are winning the leadership battle right?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Too many posters blame the D when the game was lost in the neutral zone.
We lose in many zones. We went back backward letting the Sabres all the options. Then we moved forward and taken numerous penalties. Again and again...

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
The Habs lost one point to the Canes, lost one point to the Leafs, and earned one point last night in Buffalo. Three possible additional points might be crucial at season's end when they're fighting the Sabres and Panthers and other Eastern Conference bubble teams for the two Wild Card spots.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
So far, Weber only led us to mediocrity. You win the game on the ice, not in the room. Weber's superior leadership didn't make us a better team.

Coincidence or not, the results of the team in general is pretty mediocre since Weber got here. I'm not blaming him or anything but I just find it amusing when people like you gets excited over Weber's great leadership when the team only played 6 playoffs games in 3 seasons. The standards has become so low that you don't even care what happens on the ice, as long as we are winning the leadership battle right?
I agree leadership can be overrated in that sense good hockey players win you games.
But it's a measurable he has in spades and him being around our young guys only means good things.
Besides he's still a very good player.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
What exactly has his leadership brought us? Teams have still taken liberty with our players (including our goalie). And why are we constantly saying "...well we haven't find anyone to play with him"...

A true #1 excels regardless of who he plays with. Do you think when teams went after Karlson they said...'...hmm, i don't know, we better make sure we have someone to play with him.."

His patented shot has not led to an increase in PP goals and he is now slow footed and often injured on the wrong side of 30 with a huge cap hit for many, many years.

Speaking of Subban, i don't have any issue with trading anyone, - so long as you get either better value, potential or the filling of a big need elsewhere.

We did none of that,
Connor McDAvid is the best player in the world yet Edmonton sucks.
Why bother having the best player in the world!!
Get rid of him.
Winning is never about one guy.
But i'll take a great leader. Or a great player and try t build a team around that.
It's not Weber's fault or McDAvid's fault. They've done their parts.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Given away to sign Duchene, a top 6 C (you know, those that aren't available), who has 6 points in 3 games. I guess that doesnt fit your narrative tho.

They adressed a position of need (top 6 C) by giving a bit of their position of strenght (D). That's all their is to it. Not all GM are idiot enough to trade a position of weakness (LD Sergachev) for a position of strenght (wing Drouin)
Many teams have to reorganize to make room for contracts.
Why only the return of that for Subban. clearly good players bring more then that?
And why Subban if he's so great?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad