Post-Game Talk: Habs grab another point. Lose 5-4 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Propaganda is when one proclaim the paragon of leadership and character will quit because he's not getting paid enough... Time wise, this will probably coincide with the time the current youngsters hit their peaks and Weber's AAV vs quality of play become a burden... ain't that convenient for us...

Presumptions are not evidences. Your post is full of the former with none of the later.

Propaganda: Information, especially of a biased or misleading nature.

Sounds accurate to me when some talk about Weber, his age 30 play, and how he is signed till 41 (actually 40) and no talk about how it's designed for him to retire after his age 37 season

Put your money where your mouth is... Show me your counter arguments on the things I have said
1) His contract is designed for him to retire after his age 37 season
2) He is signed till 40, not 41.
3) He has never been an elite skater and he does have difficulty with faster players... like this his entire career
4) His age 30+ stats (prorated to 82 game seasons) are on par or better than his career stats.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The same people that tell you that PK Subban has slowed down will praise Shea Webers positioning and slap shot and oh yeah, leadership.

Not sure those are the same people and I think you are trying to group many comments made by several people who have said different things. I think we need to stop this kind of bashing on each other.

It's turning out that this was a decent trade for the Habs. Why did we make this trade and did we have to is another story.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Propaganda: Information, especially of a biased or misleading nature.

Sounds accurate to me when some talk about Weber, his age 30 play, and how he is signed till 41 (actually 40) and no talk about how it's designed for him to retire after his age 37 season

Put your money where your mouth is... Show me your counter arguments on the facts I have said
1) His contract is designed for him to retire after his age 37 season
2) He is signed till 40, not 41.
3) He has never been an elite skater and he does have difficulty with faster players... like this his entire career
4) His age 30+ stats (prorated to 82 game seasons) are on par or better than his career stats.

Boring and oh so predictable.

Marleau just signed for 700K at age 40 because... He doesn't want to f***ing retire. His money is made, he slowed down... He still want to play.

And guess what, Weber could decide he still want to play till the end of his deal.
Have a nice day.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The same people that tell you that PK Subban has slowed down will praise Shea Webers positioning and slap shot and oh yeah, leadership.

Some are not even resorting to Subban’s play to prop up Weber — they’re basing it totally on the return Poole received in the NJ cap deal.

And for the record, I like Weber, just wish he was 4 years younger just like the guy we traded for him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Boring and oh so predictable.

Marleau just signed for 700K at age 40 because... He doesn't want to ****ing retire. He's money is made, he slowed down... He still want to play.

And guess what, Weber could decide he still want to play till the end of his deal.
Have a nice day.

You need to do better if you want to dig your foot in the sand and create a debate.

Marleau got bought out. He is getting much more than $700k to play hockey this year. Bad example. As far as I know, No player has played those $1M salary years who signed a cap circumventing contract. But you think Weber will be the exception? Yeah, it's possible but not probable. Also, when you talk about Weber's contract and ignore the context, I do consider this either propaganda or lack of knowledge on the situation. Either way, you don't look good

Enjoy the game tonight! ;)

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
You need to do better if you want to dig your foot in the sand and create a debate.

Marleau got bought out. He is getting much more than $700k to play hockey this year. Bad example. As far as I know, No player has played those $1M salary years who signed a cap circumventing contract. But you think Weber will be the exception? Yeah, it's possible but not probable. Also, when you talk about Weber's contract and ignore the context, I do consider this either propaganda or lack of knowledge on the situation. Either way, you don't look good

Enjoy the game tonight! ;)

Marleau doesn't have to play @700K to get his buy out money. He made ±100M in career, yet he is still playing for 700K. Because he doesn't want to retire.

Spezza is playing for the same kind of money, Chara is playing for what? 2M? again, it's nothing compared to his career earning. Then you have other guy looking to come back to the game playing for peanuts (Phanoof, Pominville, etc)

Gomez came back at league minimum after making 7M+ a year... the list goes on and on and on

The truth is you have no clue, none whatsoever, on what Weber will do once he reach that threshold. So stop accusing that other poster of propaganda and lacking evidence, when you are doing the exact same thing.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Marleau doesn't have to play @700K to get his buy out money. He made ±100M in career, yet he is still playing for 700K. Because he doesn't want to retire.

Spezza is playing for the same kind of money, Chara is playing for what? 2M? again, it's nothing compared to his career earning. Then you have other guy looking to come back to the game playing for peanuts (Phanoof, Pominville, etc)

Gomez came back at league minimum after making 7M+ a year... the list goes on and on and on

The truth is you have no clue, none whatsoever, on what Weber will do once he reach that threshold. So stop accusing that other poster of propaganda and lacking evidence, when you are doing the exact same thing.

Not one cap circumventing contract. You can cherry pick all you want but don't you realize you are talking about the exception to the rule and the exception is not the rule? Give me better examples...

1) A cap circumventing contract
2) A big dude like Weber who plays at the age of 38, 39, 40 for $1M salary

- Spezza is 36
- Gomez was like what when we bought him out... 34?
- Phaneuf is 34
- Pominville is 36

You brought up one guy who is older today vs when Weber is likely to retire at 37. Marleau. Good job! You got me lol

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Not one cap circumventing contract. You can cherry pick all you want but don't you realize you are talking about the exception to the rule and the exception is not the rule? Give me better examples...

1) A cap circumventing contract
2) A big dude like Weber who plays at the age of 38, 39, 40 for $1M salary

- Spezza is 36
- Gomez was like what when we bought him out... 34?
- Phaneuf is 34
- Pominville is 36

You brought up one guy who is older today vs when Weber is likely to retire at 37. Marleau. Good job! You got me lol

Can you make a more irrelevant argument than that? Like is this possible?
You are basically saying Marleau and/or Spezza would be at home right now if they were on the tail end of a front loaded deal... And it doesn't make any f***ing sense. None.

And age doesn't matter btw, since the point is none of those guys will make anywhere close to the money they used to make and yet they are STILL playing (or want to play). They don't want to retire are perfectly fine with playing for 700k~1M regardless of how much money they made in the past.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The Sabres commentators are extremely home oriented, not as bad as Bruins but not far away and the main one has a horrible raspy voice sounding like one of those used car salesmen from Jersey! Canucks up 6-2 against the Kings in the third,

Thats Rick Jeanneret lol... hes a legend, one of the biggest homers of all time, but he pulls it off lol, ill never be disapointed when I get his broadcast , you just expect the over the top homerism from him at this point, its almost fun lol

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Not sure those are the same people and I think you are trying to group many comments made by several people who have said different things. I think we need to stop this kind of bashing on each other.

It's turning out that this was a decent trade for the Habs. Why did we make this trade and did we have to is another story.
This board is full of double standards. You tell me not to bash others but you will give a like to someone that bashes me.

Reactions: Habano
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad