Post-Game Talk: Habs Got the Blues.... The No Point Blues.... Stl 4 Mtl 1

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Bergevin doesn't have the stones to pick a direction. He went all in and because he is a clown, it backfired..............now he will sit on a Re=set and take 3 yrs to get away with it...

Clown in over his head...year after year........this is an ownership/management issue.
The direction is pretty clear! Build through the draft!

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Shaw apparently was leaching points by playing with the amazing Duo but somehow since he's not on that line anymore they can't do ****all!

While I don't think Shaw is as bad as some people here claim but let's not pretend that the first line doesn't work anymore because they are missing Shaw.

The Drouin-Domi doesn't need the third player to have success .. they are talented enough. Domi might be snakebitten but Drouin is just cutting corners (again) for over a month now.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
I'm not any kind of Drouin superfan but can we stop with this ridiculous pumping of Sergachev to make your point that you dislike Bergevin? Sergachev has not proven much in the NHL to be called a "top pairing D man" and he may never be steady enough defensively.

what has kotka proved in NHL to to be called a future #1C ???

works both ways bud

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
While I don't think Shaw is as bad as some people here claim but let's not pretend that the first line doesn't work anymore because they are missing Shaw.

The Drouin-Domi doesn't need the third player to have success .. they are talented enough. Domi might be snakebitten but Drouin is just cutting corners (again) for over a month now.
Shaw was bringing the hard work and was doing the dirty work on that line creating space and getting pucks in the corners with a relentless forecheck.

Now it seems like they're chasing the puck all the time and Armia looks lost on that line. He looked better when he was with Kotka.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
Saw this on the RDS Facebook page haha, not sure if it was posted.
nhiVDij.jpg

DyPskie

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The direction is pretty clear! Build through the draft!

You mean like in 2012....2013......2014...well since he's here actually.
Quick question, how do you evaluate his draft from those years?
Personnally, he gets a D -

Building throught the draft is easy to say, harder to do, especially since their draft have been close to total crap.
Giant reason why the team is where it is....because Bergevin build through the draft instead of having the balls to go for it.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Took him 7 yrs, to finally do, what he said he would do...........over his head.
He didn't really mortgage the future at any time of his tenure though...

So I don't know what you're talking about.

Those second-round picks he traded are on the team.

The only second-round pick that was traded for "nothing" was the Vanek trade.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You mean like in 2012....2013......2014...well since he's here actually.
Quick question, how do you evaluate his draft from those years?
Personnally, he gets a D -

Building throught the draft is easy to say, harder to do, especially since their draft have been close to total crap.
Giant reason why the team is where it is....because Bergevin build through the draft instead of having the balls to go for it.

We're not evaluating here, we're talking about a direction. And the direction is to build through the draft.

The draft is a crapshoot so yeah you can draft duds.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Took him 7 yrs, to finally do, what he said he would do...........over his head.

"building thru the draft" cliche is an easy soundbite for lazy reporters and fans."

Its meaningless as this is what every GM does on in bigger picture. Yes some years they trade some picks but overall, the team is still building thru the draft.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
We're not evaluating here, we're talking about a direction. And the direction is to build through the draft.

The draft is a crapshoot so yeah you can draft duds.

But when you pretty much only draft duds...maybe it's time to go in another direction OR do it with other poeple at the top of the organisation.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Lol at the Sergachev comments. The guy was a healthy scratch last night, that doesn't seem top pairing material to me. I'd rather gamble on him instead of Drouin based on age and position, but Sergachev has a very long way to go before becoming a top pairing dman. That's if he ever becomes one.

Imagine if he'd had Markov to teach him the ropes for 2 seasons.

And yes, I know he plays with McD and Hedman, but who knows if they have what it takes to transmit knowledge, and a fellow countryman, especially for Russians, and especially a guy like Markov who is known to help out younger Ds, would help Serge tremendously.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
But when you pretty much only draft duds...maybe it's time to go in another direction OR do it with other poeple at the top of the organisation.
There's no other direction, to be honest, you HAVE to build through the draft!

Signing UFA's is the worst strategy ever.

They're usually overpaid and rarely meet the expectations.

You can build through trades also but to be able to trade you need to have solid prospects so it's once again about the draft...

But isn't Timmins one of the best out there when it comes to drafting players?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Shaw was bringing the hard work and was doing the dirty work on that line creating space and getting pucks in the corners with a relentless forecheck.

Now it seems like they're chasing the puck all the time and Armia looks lost on that line. He looked better when he was with Kotka.

Shaw on that line made Shaw better. Drouin or Domi weren't particularly better or more productive because of Shaw.

So to answer your initial argument, they are not missing Shaw. They had success before Shaw. They weren't any better with Shaw.

They only have themselves to blame for their lack of recent success. Especially Drouin.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Shaw on that line made Shaw better. Drouin or Domi weren't particularly better or more productive because of Shaw.

So to answer your initial argument, they are not missing Shaw. They had success before Shaw. They weren't any better with Shaw.

They only have themselves to blame for their lack of recent success. Especially Drouin.

The games got tighter, the teams are playing harder, that line clearly lacks Shaw's grit out there right now IMO.

ROR just completely smothered them last night.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Lol at the Sergachev comments. The guy was a healthy scratch last night, that doesn't seem top pairing material to me. I'd rather gamble on him instead of Drouin based on age and position, but Sergachev has a very long way to go before becoming a top pairing dman. That's if he ever becomes one.
41 GP 3rd pairing as you guys always mention, not including when he gets scratched. 16 points. On pace for 32 points as a 20 year old Dman...umm those are some good numbers. Once he is a little better in his own end I can see 3rd Dman or 2nd Dman there. If we are excited about how well petry is playing, why are you bashing Sergechev?
As a comparable:
#2 on Weber has 33 GP and has 12 points
#3 J Benn 44 GP 10 points.
#4 Reilly 38 GP 6 points
#5 Mete 33 GP 6 points

And those aren't 3rd pairing dmen behind MacD and Hedman. Icetime matters. He is 3rd for points on TB D squad. On ours he is 2nd while not playing 20 minutes a night or more. Maybe he isn't as crap as some posters are claiming.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
41 GP 3rd pairing as you guys always mention, not including when he gets scratched. 16 points. On pace for 32 points as a 20 year old Dman...umm those are some good numbers. Once he is a little better in his own end I can see 3rd Dman or 2nd Dman there. If we are excited about how well petry is playing, why are you bashing Sergechev?
As a comparable:
#4 Reilly 38 GP 6 points
#5 Mete 33 GP 6 points

And those aren't 3rd pairing dmen behind MacD and Hedman. Icetime matters. He is 3rd for points on TB D squad. On ours he is 2nd while not playing 20 minutes a night or more. Maybe he isn't as crap as some posters are claiming.
Bashing? I literally said that I would rather gamble on him instead of Drouin... There's more to defense than points. Sergachev's defensive play has been a major issue since junior. You completely missed the point of my post. How the heck can you pencil in Sergachev as a top pairing dman AS OF NOW? I also highly doubt he would produce as much if he wasn't on the best team in the league and was with us, but I'm sure you know that. I never called him crap.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
As a comparable:
#4 Reilly 38 GP 6 points
#5 Mete 33 GP 6 points

What’s concerning is that he’s regressed quite a bit since last year...sophomore jitters maybe??

Time will tell with him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad