Post-Game Talk: Habs Got the Blues.... The No Point Blues.... Stl 4 Mtl 1

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I would be happy with Henry, Meloche, Colorado 2019 1st and 3rd.

So, we have a great potential trading partner in Colorado, it seems.

I wonder if we'll need a different GM for a Drouin trade to happen. Can't see Bergevin flipping his baby.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
So, we have a a great potential trading partner in Colorado, it seems.

I wonder if we'll need a different GM for a Drouin trade to happen. Can't see Bergevin flipping his baby.
I'm sure there are better options out there. Not sure why Colorado would reunite Drouin with Mack. I think hes doing pretty well with Landeskog and Rantanen.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I would be very upset. We need quality, not quantity. I dont think that the Avs have much to offer in terms of lhd since they need them too.
Meloche is 21 and would be one of our best, if not our best AHL dmen. Henry is 19 and he is 5th in scoring in the WHL. The 1st should be between 20th and 25th and the 3rd between 75th and 80th. Unless they want to trade Makar or Tyson Jost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Marner was 4 ov on a very strong draft...
Rielly was predicted the first D to go in his draft and he went first...
Nylander was the best Swedish player available.
etc

Bottomline, Yes it is luck because they drafted top 10, 4-5 years in a row.

They drafted in top 10 because they sucked...and teams who draft in those spots usually get talent..

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Meloche is 21 and would be one of our best, if not our best AHL dmen. Henry is 19 and he is 5th in scoring in the WHL. The 1st should be between 20th and 25th and the 3rd between 75th and 80th. Unless they want to trade Makar or Tyson Jost.
Meh. Brook, Romanov and Fleury are all ahead of Meloche. Hes a nothing prospect. Henry is alright, but again, he is quantity not quality. The 1st will be late, especially with adding Drouin. I see it as a bunch of meh pieces for Drouin which would be a terrible trade imo.

Last edited:

bigbizze

Oct 9, 2017
Marner was 4 ov on a very strong draft...
Rielly was predicted the first D to go in his draft and he went first...
Nylander was the best Swedish player available.
etc

Bottomline, Yes it is luck because they drafted top 10, 4-5 years in a row.

Someone being the "best Swedish player available" seems like quite a stretch as justification even if I agree with you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad