Post-Game Talk: Habs get creamed, again

ak90210

Sep 18, 2011
No that would be DD.
Why don't you go ahead and rate our players top to bottom so we can understand better.

We're lucky enough to have a real scout on this board, even if he is from Moncton (blah). How dare you question his amazing insights!

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Goaltending isn't the issue. Yes we need help there from a vet, but we are expecting 2 AHL goalies, one of whom is in his first year in the NHL, to be as good as NHLer's, and that's unreasonable.
Condon would be great if he was just backing up Price, as this is his first year in the NHL, but he isn't. He's being expected to be a starting goaltender on a winning team, with a rabid fan base, right out of the gate.
Tokarski was a one hit wonder and has shown since then that he isn't NHL caliber. He will be a good AHL goalie, but I honestly don't see him in the NHL once this all blows over.

Our issues are in:
- Management; the lack of ability, attempt, or apparent concern to fill the obvious glaring weaknesses and holes in the lineup, RW/C/LW/G, through anything more than minor leaguer's, 4th line grinders, and cost saving rehab projects.
- Coaching; the complete and total mismanagement of the available players in assignments, positioning, line combinations, play style, system, and expectations.
- Scoring; the lack of drive, pride, determination, and character in our so called professional hockey players and their inability to put forth a full 60 minutes of hockey every time they hit the ice, regardless of their opinions or feelings about the coach and his system, and the fact that we still don't have the player we need to fill the hole we've had for 2 months now.
- Captain; The inability of our Captain to lead the way through example and motivation, to both the slumping veterans and the rookies looking for guidance.

Last edited:

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
We should score first then.

when your goalie lets in a goal on shot 2 in the first, shot 1 in the second and shot three in the third ( and shot 2 on the replacement goalie) that's a tall order. Especially on a team who is having a problem scoring.

If we scored first we would give our rookie goalies a cushion, but that hasn't happened and you are asking a team who cant score and who has to protect their ahl level goalies to do so from behind.

I'm okay with the first goal, I think that more times than not that finds the back of the net. The second goal was the back breaker.

we are a horrible team at winning games from behind, if you start a lot of games in this position by the end of the first, we are in for a long long road.

Yes lack of scoring is a problem, but so are .800 save percentages.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
I'd give Pasquale a shot, I'm sure he'd be better than Tokarski. If he plays over his head for a game or two, it could end the Habs slump. We just need a little spark.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'd give Pasquale a shot, I'm sure he'd be better than Tokarski. If he plays over his head for a game or two, it could end the Habs slump. We just need a little spark.

...And why not Fucale instead?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Stop blaming the goalies, that's such a ****ing Michel Therrien ******** excuse.

Things fell apart last night in the 3rd period. The team had plenty of time to score even one ****ing goal before that and failed. You can't blame a goalie for losing it after 2 straight periods of nothing from the rest of the team.

"But we outplayed them!! We outshot them!!"... Whatever other nonsense bull **** you want to parrot from this idiot coach, go ahead... For all the outplaying they did they couldn't even score one goal until late in the game.

Scoring is why this team is losing. They are back to last year, not able to score, tons of shots with nothing to show for it. Can't score on the PP.

How many years in a row is it now with the EXACT SAME ****ING PROBLEM and the SAME GUY REMAINS IN CHARGE???

Nevertheless...the Habs, right now, need one of their goalies to STEAL them a game

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Nevertheless...the Habs, right now, need one of their goalies to STEAL them a game

I'd be happy with kept them in a game or two past the 10 minute mark of the second.

We cant expect ahl caliber goalies to steal games, but expecting them to keep us in games where we already are doing a good job of limiting chances is, apparently, an unreasonable request that I don't understand.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Not yet but if nurtured properly he could be...

Cany anyone, legitimately, argue that Galchenyuk isn't the Habs best center?

Plekanec has more experience, but he's not a better player than Galchenyuk is. I don't buy that because Plekanec is 'better' defensively, that it means he's a better player.

If that's the case, Plekanec's a better player than Patrick Kane then.

As long as Plekanec & Desharnais are on this roster, the coach won't bother nurturning Galchenyuk.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Cany anyone, legitimately, argue that Galchenyuk isn't the Habs best center?

Plekanec has more experience, but he's not a better player than Galchenyuk is. I don't buy that because Plekanec is 'better' defensively, that it means he's a better player.

If that's the case, Plekanec's a better player than Patrick Kane then.

As long as Plekanec & Desharnais are on this roster, the coach won't bother nurturning Galchenyuk.

You can always count on Monctonscout to come prop up DD as the elite playmaking center of this team who is above the competition at this position.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

While we're at it, why not let Connor Crisp play goal? He's played goal before!!!...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You can always count on Monctonscout to come prop up DD as the elite playmaking center of this team who is above the competition at this position.

Well I would certainly disagree with that...although I guess you may argue that DD, is a better passer than any other center on this team, the limitations in the rest of his game overshadow it IMO.

Habs have wasted years of development with Galchenyuk in favor of 2 players who have plateaud.

It's his 4th year, there's no reason he should be 'sheletered' at this point.

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
I'm pretty sure everyone on this board could see that Eller Chuckie Mac would make a very exciting line. It would be a very hard line to play against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad