HF Habs: Habs game of the decade?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I see no link in Price helping move the puck more and the Rangers losing their ability to shut us down as they did.
Sometimes we need to look at the other team and what they did very well.
Nah. We’d have kicked their ass.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Just remembered this other regular season game from 2014:

Prime 76 caused so much salt around the league... I remember Craig Anderson calling the celebration "unnecessary", and Jeff O'Neill tweeting in response that "making a save there was necessary".

Reactions: nhlfan9191

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That Game 6 against the Rangers during the 2014 ECF was the game of the decade. That's the closest we got to the Stanley Cup (6 wins away) so by default it got to be the game of the decade right?
lost 1-0 and had 2 scoring chances all game. (Vanek, Galchenyuk)

Dud of the decade more suitable.

Reactions: Deluded Puck

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
One I can't forget is Bourque's hat-trick against the Rags in 2014 eastern conf. finals. Can't forget because I was there.
First time I assisted in a playoffs game at the Bell Center and it was magical. The NYR led the series 3-1, it was now 3-2 and gave us a bit of hope.
13-14 was an amazing team with clutch Weise, Eller, Bourque and Brière. Lots of dephhhh like Michel T would say.
Sadly, Tokarski couldn't do much more.

Reactions: sharks9 and DubDub

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
The Halak run was insane. I would've bet my house on us losing to Washington or Pittsburgh. Beating both was just unbelievable.

"Halak is stopping everything!" Game 6 still tops it for me and will take a hell of a lot of topping short of a run to the final itself.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
One I can't forget is Bourque's hat-trick against the Rags in 2014 eastern conf. finals. Can't forget because I was there.
First time I assisted in a playoffs game at the Bell Center and it was magical. The NYR led the series 3-1, it was now 3-2 and gave us a bit of hope.
13-14 was an amazing team with clutch Weise, Eller, Bourque and Brière. Lots of dephhhh like Michel T would say.
Sadly, Tokarski couldn't do much more.

Facing elimination in game six. Habs created 2 scoring chances all game (Vanek, Chucky) and lost 1-0.
Tokarski had nothing to do with that loss. He gave the habs a huge chance to win. The offense shit the bed.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Just remembered this other regular season game from 2014:

Prime 76 caused so much salt around the league... I remember Craig Anderson calling the celebration "unnecessary", and Jeff O'Neill tweeting in response that "making a save there was necessary".

word was Therrien was getting fired had they lost that night.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
This is a decade I'd rather forget. There isn't any game of the decade for me and I don't think there should be a game of the decade without being in a final for the championship.
You are right.

This is Maple Leaf liike.

Remember when Leaf management had rings made up for winning the Snorris Division. LOL

Reactions: vokiel

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Nah, I'm not whining about a non-call. Once Price went down that was it for us. This is a total 'what-if' conversation.
Was not referring to the non call.

I lived in Toronto at the time.

I would be a millionaire if I had a dollar for every time I heard if "WE" had got by L.A "WE" would have "kicked the Habs ass" .........I heard it for years!

First thing that came to mind when i read your post.

014- The Rangers were the better team. Tokarski let in one goal in game 6. Habs stunk the joint out. Then the kings wiped up the ice with the Rangers without breaking a sweat. The Champs easiest series of the run.

Habs did in 014 what they did in 010. Surprised every one by winning 2 rounds. Then reality sank in. They simply did not have the offense......again.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not the call.

I lived in Toronto at the time.

I would be a miullionaire if I had a doolar for every time I heard if we had got by L.A we would have "kicked the Habs ass" .........I heard it for years!

First thing that came to mind when i read your post.

The Rangers were the better team. Tokarski let in one goal in game 6. Habs stunk the joint out. Then the kings wiped up the ice with the Rangers without breaking a sweat.

Habs did in 014 what they did in 010. Surprised every one by winning 2 rounds. Then reality sank in. They simply did not have the offense......again.
Both are 'what if' scenarios but... I'd say the Leafs didn't have the right to ask the question. They lost before they got to us. That question was moot.

With us, we were already there and then Price got hurt. Just sucks that we didn't get to see the series with a healthy Price. Once he went down we were toast. Nobody is going to convince me that we wouldn't have won that series with Price though.

LA... different story.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Both are 'what if' scenarios but... I'd say the Leafs didn't have the right to ask the question. They lost before they got to us. That question was moot.

With us, we were already there and then Price got hurt. Just sucks that we didn't get to see the series with a healthy Price. Once he went down we were toast. Nobody is going to convince me that we wouldn't have won that series with Price though.

LA... different story.
This is how I see it, too. Price played one period in that series before Kreider did his patented Accidental-Fall. Habs were down 2 games to 0 before Tokarski remembered how to stop a puck, too late by then.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Facing elimination in game six. Habs created 2 scoring chances all game (Vanek, Chucky) and lost 1-0.
Tokarski had nothing to do with that loss. He gave the habs a huge chance to win. The offense **** the bed.
Game-1 was a disaster after Price was hurt. Tokarski sucked game-2. Not much you can do when a team's in that kind of a hole. Replace Vezina/Hart level Price with Dustin Tokarski and you don't see a massive drop-off?

Reactions: sharks9

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Nah, he wont.

This Subban was a generational level game changer, one of the very best D ive ever seen. When the chips were down, only Kane was ahead of him.

Sad it lasted about 4 years.
Remembering the 2010 and 2014 playoffs. How did Subban fall so fast? He was outstanding those playoffs.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

LA... different story.
Nobody has to . Its a what if.

McDonough had 10 points in that series. Lunquist was great. St Louis was great. The Rangers were the better team. The Canadiens with a healthy Price have won ONE series since then.

"Nobody is going to convince me" the habs win that series WITH a healthy Price.

Been watching the habs lose play off series with a healthy Price for years .....before and after.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nobody has to . Its a what if.

McDonough had 10 points in that series. Lunquist was great. St Louis was great. The Rangers were the better team. The Canadiens with a healthy Price have won ONE series since then.

Nobody is going to convince me the habs win that series with a healthy Price.

Been watching the habs lose play off series with a healthy Price for years .....before and after.
I disagree.

But I’ve discussed this more than I care to. It’s a what if. I think we’d have won that series for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad