HF Habs: Habs game of the decade?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Beating the Bruins in '14. Hated that team and hated that they beat us in '11. Revenge was sweet. And it was great to watch Lucic turn into such a baby at the end.

Tragic that Price got run the next series or I think we'd have made the finals that year.

Highlights of the series:

Price standing on his head in game one and setting the tone.

Subban's goal and quote that he couldn't wait to "take it all away from them."

Weisse doing the Montreal Strong pose.

What a fantastic series that was. Esp since we were expected to go out in four. Huge upset over an arch rival.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The Halak run was insane. I would've bet my house on us losing to Washington or Pittsburgh. Beating both was just unbelievable.

Rookie Subban coming in. MAB stepping up. Cammalleri. It was a fun playoff. Too bad we couldn't get by Philly.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Still remember that Spacek goal vividly...

And the Lapierre goal...

And how about that Ak46 open ice hit on Staal...

The Cammalleri backhand...

And how old was he 20 year old Subban in the ice with a goal lead and 35 seconds left and we're facing elimination...

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Man those 2010 and 2014 runs made me such a naive sports fan. I started watching hockey more seriously in like 2008 and 2010 was such an amazing time. Us getting back to the ECF in 2014 made me feel like this is what being a habs fan was with us only missing the playoffs every once in a while and that the team would continue to get better and build on that. You really have to soak in the moments when your team is decent because you never know when they'll be good next.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Man those 2010 and 2014 runs made me such a naive sports fan. I started watching hockey more seriously in like 2008 and 2010 was such an amazing time. Us getting back to the ECF in 2014 made me feel like this is what being a habs fan was with us only missing the playoffs every once in a while and that the team would continue to get better and build on that. You really have to soak in the moments when your team is decent because you never know when they'll be good next.
2014 was the first time since '93 that I actually believed that we might be able to win a cup. We had the Rangers coming up who I thought we'd beat and then it was powerhouse LA.

LA would've been really, really tough but in one series you have a chance. It's a freaking shame Price got run. Would've loved to have seen what would've happened there.

Similarly, I'd love to have seen what we could've done with that team with a real GM at the helm. Imagine if we'd added to that core and got rid of MT. Just brutal.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
2014 was the first time since '93 that I actually believed that we might be able to win a cup. We had the Rangers coming up who I thought we'd beat and then it was powerhouse LA.

LA would've been really, really tough but in one series you have a chance. It's a freaking shame Price got run. Would've loved to have seen what would've happened there.

Similarly, I'd love to have seen what we could've done with that team with a real GM at the helm. Imagine if we'd added to that core and got rid of MT. Just brutal.
We probably still lose with Price. As bad as Tokarski became, he was actually pretty good in that series. We just couldn't score.

Reactions: Deluded Puck

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I never believed the habs would win the cup, but I definitely thought they had a great chance to get through the Rangers and make the finals.

That LA team was a beast, and a
Terrible matchup for the habs.

Tokarski filled in admirably, but he also was prone to the odd bad goal, and the part of the game that really hurt the habs when price left (that rarely gets talked about) is that the habs spent alot more energy trying to get out of their zone, as Tokarski was not anywhere near the puck mover price was.

Reactions: Peter Puck

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't think so. The Rangers chucked the puck into our zone because we didn't have Price who could handle it back there. It changed the entire series.
Maybe, maybe not, Rangers were owning us for the short time Price was in too. I don't think Price coming out of the net would have made us score more, which was the main issue of this series.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
All of those 2010 videos made me feel a little hate towards Philly
Bruh they spanked us a couple of times in the playoffs. Their building was especially hard to play in.

I still curse the Bruins for blowing that 3-0 lead. Twice. Would’ve been a Habs-Bruins ECF and if we beat them it honestly would’ve made for such an amazing playoff bracket. Would’ve been an O6 match up for the Cup either way. Smh.

Reactions: HabsQC

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Maybe, maybe not, Rangers were owning us for the short time Price was in too. I don't think Price coming out of the net would have made us score more, which was the main issue of this series.
It would have given us the puck more and it would've disrupted the Rangers gameplan.

I think we'd have made the finals. Now the Kings on the other hand...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It would have given us the puck more and it would've disrupted the Rangers gameplan.

I think we'd have made the finals. Now the Kings on the other hand...
I see no link in Price helping move the puck more and the Rangers losing their ability to shut us down as they did.
Sometimes we need to look at the other team and what they did very well.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Game 7 vs. Bruins in 2014. The bUlLeTiN bOaRd material quote from Subban about how he couldn’t wait to step into Boston and feel the energy from the crowd and take it all away from them made it that much sweeter.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Anyone that said anything else but the game where PK told the Boston crowd to make less noise and then he scores the OT winner a few seconds later is kidding. 2014 I think.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Is this the one where he scored in OT
It's the same series but no, they won game 7 3-1, Briere scored the 3rd goal off Chara's skate. I remember cause I was at the Bell center to watch on the big screen and it was crazy! I also met Price the next day at Sails and he was pretty awesome, although him getting run into by Kreider less than 24h after I shook his hand made me believe I might have cursed him... The Subban OT goal was in game 1 if the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad